the pregnancy thing.. are you talking about the rumor of Jin partying with some Americans in NY?

Or was this in Japan?

A long time ago my friend sent me a blog with a bunch of pics of Jin partying in NY and stuff.. (it looked PSed *shrug*) If you know what blog I'm talking about please let me know if that was all BS.

hmm JE really is interesting. I may not be interested in their music but wow they are chalk full of drama.

well the JE boys are just being young I guess.. but still if you're in a music company there are times when you need to know what your limits are s:

that must've been awkward catching them in a club XD

did you approach them?

Edited by lambogirl
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pregnancy thing.. are you talking about the rumor of Jin partying with some Americans in NY?

Or was this in Japan?

A long time ago my friend sent me a blog with a bunch of pics of Jin partying in NY and stuff.. (it looked PSed *shrug*) If you know what blog I'm talking about please let me know if that was all BS.

hmm JE really is interesting. I may not be interested in their music but wow they are chalk full of drama.

well the JE boys are just being young I guess.. but still if you're in a music company there are times when you need to know what your limits are s:

that must've been awkward catching them in a club XD

did you approach them?

I wanna party with Jin ;;

How long was his exile?

lol. Not even a hi? Wow Jin really is something @__@;

I don't know what I'd do if I ran into a random boyband member in a club o: *maybe dance around him XD .... he'd probably get annoyed lol. Though I had intended to do that in LA.. mission failed :rolleyes:*

How long was his exile?

I don't know what I'd do if I ran into a random boyband member in a club o: *maybe dance around him XD .... he'd probably get annoyed lol. Though I had intended to do that in LA.. mission failed :rolleyes:*

How long was his exile?

I don't know what I'd do if I ran into a random boyband member in a club o: *maybe dance around him XD .... he'd probably get annoyed lol. Though I had intended to do that in LA.. mission failed B)*

His exile was 6 months. They apparently mind less if guys go up to them and recognize them, since they know they're really only popular with chicks. They don't usually dance at the clubs though. Mostly just sit around and drink.

Sounds like someone who works their butt off.....xD They just want to relax.

How's Domoto Koichi's...uhm...behavior....he seems pretty cool from what I've seen but I'm not in Japan so I don't really know how most of those guys are viewed (i.e. troublemakers, playboys, etc. etc.)

How long was his exile?

I don't know what I'd do if I ran into a random boyband member in a club o: *maybe dance around him XD .... he'd probably get annoyed lol. Though I had intended to do that in LA.. mission failed B)*

His exile was 6 months. They apparently mind less if guys go up to them and recognize them, since they know they're really only popular with chicks. They don't usually dance at the clubs though. Mostly just sit around and drink.

How's Domoto Koichi's...uhm...behavior....he seems pretty cool from what I've seen but I'm not in Japan so I don't really know how most of those guys are viewed (i.e. troublemakers, playboys, etc. etc.)
aww the kinki kids sound so cute :DDD

38,811 <-- views

O__o yay for boyband discussion!

I have Domoto's Solo album as well....he's very talented! I don't have many of their albums though (imported albums are so expensive and I think I only have thier G album)

So how many more members do you guys think Super Junior will recruit.....

and 4....5 people have done all the posting..go us!

Edited by Shiro420

I know! Gosh we talk too much XD

uhm let's see they added Zhoumi and Henry to Suju M..

unless they plan to add more sub groups.. I hope not D: Suju H is already full of crack.

No more members plz T__T E.L.F is going to become more crazy! ONLY13 protest are everywhere! x_x

I know! Gosh we talk too much XD

uhm let's see they added Zhoumi and Henry to Suju M..

unless they plan to add more sub groups.. I hope not D: Suju H is already full of crack.

No more members plz T__T E.L.F is going to become more crazy! ONLY13 protest are everywhere! x_x

LOL

so when do the protests become riots?

only in korea :P

The E.L.Fs in hollywood bowl didn't start riots tho~ they showed off that ONLY13 sign whenever they got the chance.

though some didn't like us Cassiopeia DD8

::hops in:: Hey everyone! :)

Confession: I'm more into Korean and Chinese boybands than I am into Japanese ones... But I do like the KinKi Kids and KAT-TUN! :D Akanishi Jin = <3

My fav band of all time is Dong Bang Shin Ki/Tohoshinki/Tong Vfang Xien Qi! <3 Yunho, Jaejoong, Changmin, Junsu, and Micky! They're so talented and gorgeous!

I'm also a fan of Fahrenheit (Fei Lun Hai), ENERGY, F4, Super Junior, SHINee, Battle, Shinhwa, and Big Bang!

... And yeah, fans in Korea can get a little crazy. >_< The Only13 riots are making me sad. Poor Henry and ZhouMi. :angry:

Edited by NOTanOTAKU
So aside from being in a car accident and having one of their members poisoned by an anti-fan.....what other trouble have the boys of Suju gotten into?
Edited by lambogirl
So aside from being in a car accident and having one of their members poisoned by an anti-fan.....what other trouble have the boys of Suju gotten into?

Actually it was U-know from DBSK who was poisoned by an anti-fan .__.

Um I think that's all? At least from what I know of Suju. They usually don''t have time to go party or anything so there's not much gossip from them.

@drea: yay you joined! *hugs* I don't get why they don't like Henry he's a violin playin poppin beast! XD Zhoumi is cool too :3

They're not necessarily.. "riots". ELF holding up ONLY13 signs.. bash Zhoumi and Henry.. yell out stuff.. complain to SM.. the usual. Yup they only want the original Super Junior. (and to stop with the sub-groups)

There also was a plan for DBSK as well except it was called 5-1=0/5+1=0.. a while ago SM planned to remove one of the members or possibly add another member to DBSK. Cassiopeia overreacted big time.. SM has not said one word about that plan anymore.

The fangirls in korea are only crazy when dealing with other fanclubs or not getting what they want. For example (yes I know I'm using Cassiopeia too much) The cassis got really upset during a award ceremony when the company did not inform them that DBSK canceled their performance. (apparently their flight got delayed in Japan) So Cassis.. began yelling and throwing chairs or whatever was near x: And though DBSK wasn't at the award show, Cassiopeia ruled out the stadium with red balloons and sang DBSK songs or yelled out DONG BANG SHIN KI whenever they could.

However this doesn't compare to the Dream Concert that happened recently. I'll tell that complicated story later XD

Edited by NOTanOTAKU

Actually it was U-know from DBSK who was poisoned by an anti-fan .__.

Um I think that's all? At least from what I know of Suju. They usually don''t have time to go party or anything so there's not much gossip from them.

@drea: yay you joined! *hugs* I don't get why they don't like Henry he's a violin playin poppin beast! XD Zhoumi is cool too :3

They're not necessarily.. "riots". ELF holding up ONLY13 signs.. bash Zhoumi and Henry.. yell out stuff.. complain to SM.. the usual. Yup they only want the original Super Junior. (and to stop with the sub-groups)

There also was a plan for DBSK as well except it was called 5-1=0/5+1=0.. a while ago SM planned to remove one of the members or possibly add another member to DBSK. Cassiopeia overreacted big time.. SM has not said one word about that plan anymore.

The fangirls in korea are only crazy when dealing with other fanclubs or not getting what they want. For example (yes I know I'm using Cassiopeia too much) The cassis got really upset during a award ceremony when the company did not inform them that DBSK canceled their performance. (apparently their flight got delayed in Japan) So Cassis.. began yelling and throwing chairs or whatever was near x: And though DBSK wasn't at the award show, Cassiopeia ruled out the stadium with red balloons and sang DBSK songs or yelled out DONG BANG SHIN KI whenever they could.

However this doesn't compare to the Dream Concert that happened recently. I'll tell that complicated story later XD

Yeah, poor Yunho... T_T I was so scared for him when I first found out about the news.

And Only13 people really annoy me. Henry and Zhoumi are so talented... Besides, Suju was originally supposed to be a rotational boyband.

Fangirl groups like Cassiopeias and ELFs can be surprisingly well-organized and demanding. >_< This year's Dream Concert was pretty much a disaster. I feel so bad for SNSD.

Why, what happened?

Well its been reported/rumored that SDNS fanboys went to the extreme tearing up banners, some have even reported being beaten and a rape rumor has popped up here and there. THIS ALL started becuase of that commercial and just spilled over in other areas with certain girls not respecting their elders....so the ELF and Cassie girls at least did not have their glow sticks up and it was very dark and silent during SDNS's performance.

SS501, Shinhwa, and Wondergirls fans were also involved in that boycott.

Didn't the SNSD fans also stab some girls too? (the knife situation.. @_@)

There's a whole documentary on this on Mnet. (youtube has it subbed)

SNSD fans yelled during Micky Yoochun's happy birthday song: "What? Park Yoochun? WTF?" "SHUT UP!!!"

SNSD fans also stated: "Next year instead of swallowing crazy glue how about swallowing some bullets" in their fans

SS501, Shinhwa, and Wondergirls fans were also involved in that boycott.

Didn't the SNSD fans also stab some girls too? (the knife situation.. @_@)

There's a whole documentary on this on Mnet. (youtube has it subbed)

SNSD fans yelled during Micky Yoochun's happy birthday song: "What? Park Yoochun? WTF?" "SHUT UP!!!"

SNSD fans also stated: "Next year instead of swallowing crazy glue how about swallowing some bullets" in their fans

yep SNSD.. I guess you could call them the girl ver. of Super Junior er..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y_i6sBebv_U *does soshi dance*

This is the infamous commercial that caused a big fuzz

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DshMAxaXT_g

since I've been spazzing about it the entire day.. might as well in here too..

YAY!! DBSK got #1 on Oricon Charts today!!!

XD

too bad it dropped.. *sigh* better luck next time. T_T

*revives thread* someone give me a topic plz D8

Ok I hope this is something that can revive us!

Alright it's already been noted JE will most likely never play over here, so of any boy band or a group who have boy band like appeal, who would you love to see over here..and maybe to have more conversation going..why would you like to see them and how do you think they would appeal to Otakon?

It'd be awesome if Lead performed at Otakon (considering they did the ending theme song to HITMAN REBORN)

I'd like to see them cuz well.. that'd be a middle school dream come true for me XDD

I think they'd appeal to more girls.. (Didn't AAA have more girls in the crowd anyway?) but they definitely have energetic performances that's for sure.. they like to interact with the audience.^^

Who else I'd like to see.. hmm W-inds. would be cool too. Also.. though they're not a boyband at all.. M-flo, for sure.

Too bad we can't get k-pop artists.

Whom would you want to see? :)

btw did you hear about the Suju concert incident? Leeteuk is pissed .__.;;

Edited by lambogirl
I think they'd appeal to more girls.. (Didn't AAA have more girls in the crowd anyway?) but they definitely have energetic performances that's for sure.. they like to interact with the audience.^^

Honestly I'm not sure who'd I want to see, I saw AAA, loved the performance but I wouldn't want to see them back again.

Kaki is right there are more men...not that thats ALWAYS horrible but yeah they need to be thought about to I guess :D So probably most boybands would not appeal to them but at the same time I'm not sure if American society on a whole realises this "white/emo/scene/hipster" groups are like the younger generation's boybands, not mine..at 23 I'm to old to think of them that way. I had BSB, NSync and Five for that. So I'm going to say its best with someone with a pop/semi pop appeal and probably should play instruments...One Ok Rock I'd like to see....but yeah I'd love to see DBSK but I think like..jesus with all the Korean fans over here alone, even though they might only sing in Japanese..god like you'd have to get a ticket the day after the last Otakon you know what I mean...and I second W-inds.

NO what incident..sorry I'm still stuck on the New Yorker page taken out by a Korean actor, so fill me in.

Honestly if DBSK attended Otakon it would be chaos. Screaming fangirls.. running to front stage.. stalking at the hotel.. oh yeah. XD; I definitely can picture it lmao. x: People might even sell their ticket for like $500 just for this concert.. (yes I admit I was one of those insane fans who paid a ridiculous amount for their HB ticket, just to see them >>:D

New Yorker page.. what's that all about?

but um yeah..

Recently Super Junior H performed at the Cass Tok concert(a concert for 20+ yr old only) and obviously since Suju H's fanbase are mainly teens there were hardly any fans there. The line up was mainly consisted of hiphop performers which made Suju H a pop-act REALLY stand out from the rest. Majority of the audience were drunk of course, and when Suju H performed (they were the last act) many started to cuss out the Suju H members. A lot of the audience started leaving during their performance.

Leeteuk left this message on his mini-hompy..

“You people who nit-pick idol culture and fandom should go think about it yourself. You can’t even see your own self, and you are pointing fingers at other people.. Go look in the mirror.. I really hate this.”

His message is causing quite a controversy among netizens. :/

I don't really want to go in-depth with this but I agree with what he said.. though it was a bit harsh but sometimes fans need to face the reality.

There really is a problem between the older and younger generation gap with it comes to music or IDOL fandom.

@kaki: you're so lucky to be in Japan XD so many things exciting happen in your town everyday huh?

wow so you get to go to their concerts for free every time? O_O

Edited by lambogirl

I'm sorry, I know JE will prob never come here, but I would kill to see Kinki Kids (hands down my fave JE band)

~Winds and LEAD would be cool as well.

The way I feel about emo is well.....if anyone saw the skit Carlos Mencia did on them a couple weeks ago then you'll know.

Alot of the fans over in Korea seem to be....extremely disrespectful to a band if they don't like them...it's pretty crazy.

Well, luckily I'm one of those guys that can enjoy boybands, which is why I can enjoy whatever Otakon brings over.

LOL wait till I'm over there Kaki I'll be going to concerts every other week xD

@kaki: you're so lucky to be in Japan XD so many things exciting happen in your town everyday huh?

wow so you get to go to their concerts for free every time? O_O

LOL it's gonna be hard to not spend ALL of my spending money at Otakon, but DBSK's new album comes out a couple weeks after doesn't it? (end of August I believe) I might pick up their 2 previous albums that I need when that comes out.

Oh yeah I think the only boyband that appeals to both guys and girls is H.O.T. Too bad they disbanded @__@;

@kaki: Which FC are you part of??

I just found this awesome parody for DBSK's single 'Why Did I Fall in Love With You?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SNxxDYxhQ...ith-you-parody/

Edited by lambogirl
Oh yeah I think the only boyband that appeals to both guys and girls is H.O.T. Too bad they disbanded @__@;

Edited by kaki

I think a lot of Korean boy bands from that period appealed to both genders. Of course, they all broke up at the same time too. It was like heartbreak week after week for my sister, who was really into them at the time.

I'm in You&J (the shared fanclub for NewS, KAT-TUN and Kanjani8). They require you to put down your favorite band and favorite member when you register, but this pretty much guarantees that you will get better seats for the OTHER groups. I have never gotten good NewS tickets, but my friend who put down Kat-Tun/Jin when she registered got some pretty good NewS tickets. I got front section seating for one of the upcoming shows for Kat-Tun shows, despite that I have NewS/Yamapi down as my favorite. In order to get around this, many hardcore fans get their friends and family to sign up for the fanclub so that they can get multiple chances at tickets.

I only have one membership. I can count on my friends to have good tickets to every show, so no real reason to expend extra effort into this. Of course, I'm a really lazy fan compared to certain friends of mine. I only turn in the one(or two) pre-filled in slips that they give me in the mail. One of my friends hand-filled out about 20 blank forms in hopes to get tickets for multiple concerts. (She bought scalped tickets to the shows she wasn't able to get tickets for.) It's a machine that works well for Johnny anyway. There's a fee for every form you submit, plus the fan club costs. Plus, everyone besides me buys the concert goods. I don't need goods, and I especially don't want to wait in line for them. Lazy fan. What can I say?

edit: Oh, I should add that I ran into Koda Kumi the other day by the large shopping plaza by my home. She was wearing a disguise, but it was obvious who it was since I was riding the escalator behind her and could see through her sunglasses and hear her rather unique voice. I chose not to approach her about it though.

That's cool. I'm sure she would have appreciated it. If she's wearing a disguise it's obviously so she'll be left alone in peace. xD

I'd have to join Kinki Kids fanclub then....with Domoto as my fave.

How much are the club fees normally?

@kaki: oh wow you don't buy their concert goods.. posters.. uchiwas.. nothing??

I almost died when I saw all the goods in harajuku T__T

I'd have to join Kinki Kids fanclub then....with Domoto as my fave.

How much are the club fees normally?

ah I see. Well right now I guess I am in that phase haha.. I love collecting fan goods :]

that's awesome you saw Koda Kumi. Hmm I thought in Japan the fans don't really stalk or anything so I wonder why she's in disguise?? (just to avoid attention?)

Edited by lambogirl
ah I see. Well right now I guess I am in that phase haha.. I love collecting fan goods :]

that's awesome you saw Koda Kumi. Hmm I thought in Japan the fans don't really stalk or anything so I wonder why she's in disguise?? (just to avoid attention?)

Doesn't surprise me much.

They are BOTH named Domoto?!!! gahhhhh....ok Koichi-san then. lol.

I went through that phase already...at this point, if something comes with the music, then that's pretty much what I'll "collect" (like sometimes you'll get a card with a certain bandmember or a poster or such stuff)

I tend to preserve my money though, in case something I really want does come along (if I've spent all my money on other collectibles....oh well)

$60 for the year...that's not bad.

Y'know, your mention of the hilton sisters is the first I've heard in 2 months......I could go longer without hearing their names again (or lohan, spears, and duff for that matter lol) Spears was popular over there as well wasnt she?

Have you ever heard of the Crazy Ken Band kaki? Are they popular at all?

Y'know, your mention of the hilton sisters is the first I've heard in 2 months......I could go longer without hearing their names again (or lohan, spears, and duff for that matter lol) Spears was popular over there as well wasnt she?

Have you ever heard of the Crazy Ken Band kaki? Are they popular at all?

@kaki: Just wondering.. how does a artist get to appear on Music Station?

I've noticed XD thanks for the info. *pats my boys on the back* it's ok we'll keep trying.

hmm topic plz :]

I've noticed XD thanks for the info. *pats my boys on the back* it's ok we'll keep trying.

hmm topic plz :]

it came to my attention when the Avex staff posted up this message on their blog..

He hasn't written in a while. It's been really hot in Japan and he's been thinking about various things when working.

The boys wonderfully reached #1 in the weekly singles chart with the fans' strong support.

Also the members are really happy, and their self-confidence has been boosted.

The TV-promotion continues busy this week. They're being in more shows than ever before this time, they're for the first time in 「THE M」 and 「CDTV」.

The in-brackets -part I think hints to Kouhaku Utagassen (the traditional men vs. women -"contest" that sums up the whole Japanese music year).

(T/N: And then the MS-issue. I translated this part sentence-for-sentence because I think this is what interests people.)

There's a certain really popular program where the boys haven't been able to appear since they've [the program] been rejecting any interest the [Avex] promotion-team's been showing that way.

The promoter in charge has been fighting hard and will keep trying.

The boys have reached #1 in this program's ranking, but when it comes to the offer about guesting in the show and a performance...

Even after three weekly #1s, there's nothing from that direction (a sniffing emoticon here).

There hasn't really been any kind of an explanation offered about the issue either, but the team will keep working hard for an appearance in that show!

But if it continues like this and the inquiries keep coming from the viewers as well, how can a music program explain this kind of behaviour?

Here we go for the record store -issue.

Of course the promotion-team is striving for the best possible set-up in the stores (but obviously, so are all of the other artists' promotors as well).

It depends on every store (chain) where they put the releases; and some of the stores have the Toho-boys in the "Foreign acts" -section instead of "Jpop".

The store's bought the CDs so naturally they can advertise it how they want to and how they think it will sell the best.

They've been trying to have some type of an agreement on this, but especially now when they changed the release date for "Kimisuki" in such a short notice, it became even harder to get the majority of the shops to put the single in the Jpop-section instead of Foreign acts.

It's better when you have time to talk to the stores way before the release and assure things, because all the things are mostly decided abour 6 months before the release already. So a date-change doesn't make things easier at all.

So they had to cancel the space reserved for the CDs in the stores for the original release week, and ask for another setting for the new week.

Of course that messes up the stores' plans and they have to be quick and get a Plan B up. And most of them decided to give the maximum exposure by putting Kimisuki in the foreign-shelves.

-more stuff about the Jpop- and world-corners in the shops-

Tohoshinki will continue releasing Jpop (with good results).

They hope that the fans will understand the managing team and the stores' policies. The team will keep working and he believes that the sales will do well during the next few weeks.

He apologizes for the long entry, but thinks that it will be useful for the people interested in the music industry in general.

Credits: aleyna @ JpopMusic Forums

Edited by lambogirl

see that's what I thought XD

I need to stop listening to random people x_x

but anyways we're getting a bit off-topic since BoA isn't a boyband lol.

ok I know they're not asian.. but who the hec is Tokio Hotel? :o

see that's what I thought XD

I need to stop listening to random people x_x

but anyways we're getting a bit off-topic since BoA isn't a boyband lol.

ok I know they're not asian.. but who the hec is Tokio Hotel? :o