I should so update my drama list but I really enjoyed Rookies, but if you like romance more then, I'm not sure what do suggest. I guess Zettai Kareshi was ok.

Hmmm...peopel keep telling me I need to get a facebook, if I do I'll pm you. I have livejournal, with is by far my fav.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k-dramas usually end at 16 or 18 episodes. The dramas that ware longer than that are usually the complicated stories @__@ (DO NOT watch Jumong.. oh my gosh 81 episodes!!! I can't believe my mom watched all of that!)

Honestly it's been a while since I've seen a K-drama. My mom is forever watching them on youtube after work. She always tells me what to watch but I never find the time to watch any XD Last one I watched was Coffee Prince. And now the only K-drama I will probably end up watching this year is Boys over Flowers.

(I'm also waiting for Dating on Earth.. U_U; ok ya not k-drama but I've been waiting too long x_x)

I think the last Jdoramas I saw were Gokusen and Kimi wa petto.. stopped after that XD (I blame Jun Matsumoto he was the only reason why I watched those)

So I'll admit I've been more focused on some other non boyband artists waiting for releases so sometimes I forget...but its been a little over a month ago and I was checking up at visionfactory for any OLIVIA news and heard a clip from w-inds, this is really good, I think I'm actually going to shell out cash and buy it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5y80g_winds-tokyo-pv

PV from the album.^

I feel like I've abandoned W-inds. honestly. I haven't been catching up with them recently.. last time I saw them was at a korean award show O_O and this was during the boogie woogie 66 days. I'm pretty sure they're being successful as always (:

Their music is always good^^ I seriously need to buy the albums I've missed out on @_@

Sadly I'm going to buy the korean versions cuz I'm cheap XDD

I feel like I've abandoned W-inds. honestly. I haven't been catching up with them recently.. last time I saw them was at a korean award show O_O and this was during the boogie woogie 66 days. I'm pretty sure they're being successful as always (:

Their music is always good^^ I seriously need to buy the albums I've missed out on @_@

Sadly I'm going to buy the korean versions cuz I'm cheap XDD

Japanese cds burn a hole in my wallet :(

Which boyband do you think possesses the 'BEATLE MANIA' sort of popularity? I was looking through Youtube and it seems as W-inds. conquered China, Japan, Korea. Back in the day F4 was popular in Asia.. but which group is most popular OUTSIDE of Asia as well?(Besides DBSK.. I just saw a news coverage of TVXQ in Spain @__@ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhR_MlQ8uU )

(oh and yay for Super Junior getting the MTV Asia 2008 award :D)

That's REALLY hard to say. I mean the internet is large because its in so many places but yet it's sooo small. If you aren't apart of communities/threads then they may not seem that big equally were if you are the group you focus on may seem huge.

Other nations by televsion shows from otehr nations becuase they don't have the giant media power turner that is U.S. television. At the most we import a small handful of Canadian shows, which come on cable or late a night. Then your Spanish shows have their own channels. British shows are usually reserved for SciFi, PBS and BBC America and sometimes like IFC and Sundance so we don't get to hear opening and closing theme songs and have a fanbase in our own nation that we can tally. A

If in America what boyband I'd say has the most fans it would be DBSK becuase of the larger Korean population and when they stick with a more Korean sound probably would appeal to more Americans than the Johnnies.

BUT Internationally I bet its a Johnnies like SMAP or Arashi.

I say this but yet I do feel in the next decade or two China will have a very large sphere of global influence as we Americans do. As of right now I feel the Japanese media has a good hold on western attentions especially through the internet. But I'd wager that the Chinese and Koreans, as many of the groups seem to be trying to break into the Chinese market, may have a larger influence then the Japanese boybands as they seem more willing to travel and perform in nations outside of Asia.

I don't want this to get political though.

Wishlist topic here, IF ANY BOYBAND FROM ANY ASIAN NATIONS COULD PERFORM AT OTAKON WHO WOULD YOU WANT?

That's the same thing SM believes is the way to go.

But yup I do agress Johnnies is pretty popular in Asia.

lol didn't you ask this before.. ah.. after attending Otakon I'm not sure anymore. The audience at Otakon have different likings.. and when I went to both concerts the audience seemed so bored. (except for the couple first few rows whom you could tell were fans)

If it's a boyband festival 8D; how about..

Big Bang

Super Junior

DBSK

Golf&Mike

Arashi

W-inds.

Lead

Fahrenheit

SHINee

Energy

.. more TBA! :D

That is my list of the most pimped out Asia Song Festival in the US XD

@shiro: yep. MARS has F4's Vic Zhou. (actually the ultimate couple.. I think they got married by now?? barbiexVic) TT TT vic!!

The drama's pretty good^^ I never got to finish though @_@

You wanna know whats funny she hated Vic when they made MARS, because he was late and absent alot because he was sick during that time.

YEAH I might have >>>.>>> <<<.<<< >>>>.>>>

If he stays a model like it says he is I VERY much doubt it will be one in China and not in High Fashion.

Its a possibility he could become an actor whether he stays with it or becomes good at it is another story.

If we are going to go off topic here I have a question for Kaki. I know Morning Musuem/Hello Project use to be really popular but really aren't so much any more, from what I understand and I know its been thought that the majority of their fans are older men but how our the seen in Japan.

BACK ON TOPIC~

So on Asianfanatics I read an article that Shinee is going to have a different look with their next single. On that topic they first appeared to have a scene/hipster look to them and I've noticed that haircut alot recently.

@shiro: yep. MARS has F4's Vic Zhou. (actually the ultimate couple.. I think they got married by now?? barbiexVic) TT TT vic!!

If we are going to go off topic here I have a question for Kaki. I know Morning Musuem/Hello Project use to be really popular but really aren't so much any more, from what I understand and I know its been thought that the majority of their fans are older men but how our the seen in Japan.

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but no they've actually broken up. I believe Barbie broke up with him from what she said in a magazine, but I could be wrong about that point. I'm sure if you google it you can find more news about it.

I preview I saw for Shinee's album...well they DO NOT look like the Beatles, people throw the Beatles around far too much.

PLUS SEND ME PICS OF DBSK. I'm doing graphics so I am too lazy to go look and trying to look at communities on LJ hurts my head with all the fangirling.

it's because of the bowl cut craze x__x

Recent pics or ..?

http://community.livejournal.com/tvxq_scans/

Flickr.com & Photobucket.com has a bunch too.

http://community.livejournal.com/dbsg/

The dbsk comm is pretty organized as well for the recent stuff.

LJ isn't much of a headache as soompi is xD;

random but Wondergirls will be performing @ the Chusuk Festival this year in NYC. (September 21)

Edited by lambogirl
it's because of the bowl cut craze x__x

Recent pics or ..?

http://community.livejournal.com/tvxq_scans/

Flickr.com & Photobucket.com has a bunch too.

http://community.livejournal.com/dbsg/

The dbsk comm is pretty organized as well for the recent stuff.

LJ isn't much of a headache as soompi is xD;

random but Wondergirls will be performing @ the Chusuk Festival this year in NYC. (September 21)

yep.. x: No offense to JYP but a lot of his singers can't really sing (except for Lim Jeong Hee & G-soul)

But man oh man can JYP make hit songs! (his dance routines are hella good too)

I'm still waiting if they add another performer this year before I decide to go x:

I forgot about my fav site :wub: this one has a bunch of old, recent, everything dbsk photos!

http://www.itvxq.net/index.php

So I'm trying to keep this thread alive!

What do you all think about Home Made Kazoku

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/...o-rainbow_music

They are listed as a hip-hop trio which is true, but technically so is BigBang and as they are three men(one of the many requirements for boy bands) I thought, why not talk about them here.

So I'm trying to keep this thread alive!

What do you all think about Home Made Kazoku

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/...o-rainbow_music

They are listed as a hip-hop trio which is true, but technically so is BigBang and as they are three men(one of the many requirements for boy bands) I thought, why not talk about them here.

How about Fahrenheit (sp?) are they any good? and these guys remind me of M-Flo...I like them...I'm definately thinking of picking up their albums (if they have any out yet)

Edited by Shiro420
How about Fahrenheit (sp?) are they any good? and these guys remind me of M-Flo...I like them...I'm definately thinking of picking up their albums (if they have any out yet)

I called that Music Plus store (the one Lambo mentioned) and asked if they had the new big bang....SOLD OUT! was the answer I got....LOL

I'm thinking about asking about Home Made Kazoku now though....they are really good. although after listening to their one music video if i hear LETS GET WETTTTT one more time.....

I called that Music Plus store (the one Lambo mentioned) and asked if they had the new big bang....SOLD OUT! was the answer I got....LOL

I'm thinking about asking about Home Made Kazoku now though....they are really good. although after listening to their one music video if i hear LETS GET WETTTTT one more time.....

Dear lord who is Drea? NOTanOTAKU?

I also you cd japan alot when I'm not in the mood to use yes asia. Anyone remember that Korean site that closed down?

XDD yeah that's NOTanOTAKU. Ok I'll stop using real names haha

Korean site.. hmm was it US based? Annyoung.com !! I loved their prices.

The k-pop store I went to in LA also has a website. (huge selection of k-pop and j-pop cds)

http://www.music-plaza.com/

I just wish they sold their posters online too XD; HB weekend was crazy with all the fangirls buying the $1 posters @_@

Me: Do you have any dong bang shin ki posters?

Cashier: Sorry sold out 5 minutes ago.

Me: D: ... I'll take a Big Bang poster then.. TT TT

Annyoung.com yes yes thats the place~!

Real names our fine I was just lost. I was like did someone new come into the thread and I didn't notice!

So what does everyone here think about the "scandals" over the years in the boyband business? Do you think the punishment was fair? Do you even feel that what some of the scandals were, were even that serious?

I've never seen any punishment for scandals.. I think scandals are just for show^^; it's a marketing ploy x:
Edited by kaki

That's true, not living in Japan I can't really feel the pulse of the people but from reading what I can when a scandal happens no matter if we as foreigners think its scandalous or not it can have grave consequences for that person. I believe the tabloid Friday likes to break alot of those stories if I'm correct. As Kaki mentioned NewS' scandal I haven't hear anythign about Kusono yet and as for Uchi I believe he's back but his show had horrible ratings yes?

I'm not offending anyone here but there has always been rumors of molesting in Johnny's, not that police or anyone has found evidence but that still equals a scandal.

I think Go in V6 had a rape charge or something of a rumor of one. Ohno recently had some pictures of himself drunken looking with some ladies and I haven't heard of any punishment from that.

When Erica was bitchy she was I believe not to do any promotion, Koda Kumi said women after 30 I think had rotten amniotic fluid so she wanted a baby soon and so she wasn't allowed to do any promotion. Within Morning Musume, Natusmi Abe plagiarized some poems and wasn't allowed to do things for three months but it said she took personal leave. Mari Yaguchi was caught coming out of a store with her then boyfriend Oguri Shun and quickly graduated and still does MC stuff but doesn't sing, but I personally think she's more into the MC hosting tv shows sort of thing, then Ai Kago was caught under age smoking and had her activities suspended indefinitely but was doing secretarial work for the company but then they let her go a year later when a story broke that she was living with 37 yr old man while she was 19 and the agency dropped her. Finally Miki Fujimoto confirmed on a radio show that pictures of her in Friday were infact her and her boyfriend which she then quickly resigned from being leader of MM and stayed with GAM only they haven't had anything new, but now she is back as a solo artist which I believe was her original intent.

As for Korea there aren't so much scandalous but the closest things to my knowledge are Shinwha suing SM, Hyori's plagiary S.E.S. dying their hair without asking before an album came out, Ivy's rumored sex tape and was sued by Square Enix for her video and Baby VOX and there uber sexy song and the use of Tupac in it. And there was Jaejoong who was caught drunk driving in Japan and was sent back to Korea,(this was not from this recent stint in Japan though)

I've never seen any punishment for scandals.. I think scandals are just for show^^; it's a marketing ploy x:

This is definitely NOT the case in Japan. In Japan, there definitely is punishment for scandals. Agencies are constantly kicking out artists for scandals. As soon as someone is busted for drugs, they need to be taken out of a group in order to regain the trust of the public. L'arc en Ciel even kicked out their original drummer for his drug scandal. Two members were kicked out of NewS for underaged drinking. Psycho Le Cemu broke up due to their vocal's arrest. In Japan, scandal usually means a HUGE drop in sales. When the news broke regarding Kamenashi Kazuya dating Kyoko Izumi, who is 20 years his senior, the ratings of his tv show TANKED. AKB48 just kicked out a member because a picture showing her with her boyfriend leaked onto public sites. Scandals are definitely not a marketing ploy in Japan. People take them rather seriously, and they cause negative consequences (sometimes even destroying careers).

This is definitely NOT the case in Japan. In Japan, there definitely is punishment for scandals. Agencies are constantly kicking out artists for scandals. As soon as someone is busted for drugs, they need to be taken out of a group in order to regain the trust of the public. L'arc en Ciel even kicked out their original drummer for his drug scandal. Two members were kicked out of NewS for underaged drinking. Psycho Le Cemu broke up due to their vocal's arrest. In Japan, scandal usually means a HUGE drop in sales. When the news broke regarding Kamenashi Kazuya dating Kyoko Izumi, who is 20 years his senior, the ratings of his tv show TANKED. AKB48 just kicked out a member because a picture showing her with her boyfriend leaked onto public sites. Scandals are definitely not a marketing ploy in Japan. People take them rather seriously, and they cause negative consequences (sometimes even destroying careers).

I've heard of some of these scandals before, but I find the whole AKB48 thing just ridiculous.

Japan tends to be more severe than Korea or China in terms of public punishment for scandals.

Unless your Edison Chen.....anyone heard anything about him?

I've heard of some of these scandals before, but I find the whole AKB48 thing just ridiculous.

Japan tends to be more severe than Korea or China in terms of public punishment for scandals.

That's true, not living in Japan I can't really feel the pulse of the people but from reading what I can when a scandal happens no matter if we as foreigners think its scandalous or not it can have grave consequences for that person. I believe the tabloid Friday likes to break alot of those stories if I'm correct. As Kaki mentioned NewS' scandal I haven't hear anythign about Kusono yet and as for Uchi I believe he's back but his show had horrible ratings yes?

I'm not offending anyone here but there has always been rumors of molesting in Johnny's, not that police or anyone has found evidence but that still equals a scandal.

I think Go in V6 had a rape charge or something of a rumor of one. Ohno recently had some pictures of himself drunken looking with some ladies and I haven't heard of any punishment from that.

Well if they fail for being a retard over there they can come over here.....as everyone knows we have a ton of retards who get a lot of limelight...for being retards *cough* parishiltonbritneyspearslindseylohan *cough*

Edited by Shiro420
Well if they fail for being a retard over there they can come over here.....as everyone knows we have a ton of retards who get a lot of limelight...for being retards *cough* parishiltonbritneyspearslindseylohan *cough*