I think that its in October that their album comes out. As NewS as a single come out in October too. SMAP has an album in Sept.

home made kazoku has a new video out

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jjb4_ho...back-home_music

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DBSK's 4th korean album has been delayed to September 27. (at least I think T_T I know the boys are busy on the album right now so) Their 24th Japanese single will also come out in October.

SHINee's album will come out this week. (2008-08-31)

Hyesung of Shinhwa came out with a new single as well.(er album lol it comes out tommorow :D)

Seems as the new trend in K-pop now a days is a K-rock sound :D (yay no more electronica bs!)

Rain performed with Wang Lee Hom and other artists :] He winked at the cam and all the girls went crazy x:

I didn't see Jay Chou.. (then again the camera was going all over the place so ><)

Don't tell anyone but here and there I could like Shinee, only here and there, I'm going to give them a few more years before I make my judgement.

ANYWAYS. So I was going through my itunes deleting stuff and I came across some of my boyband music. This was the first song that got me into the Asian boybands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNhv2ZyMHk

I tried to imbed it but it didn't work.. :)

Don't tell anyone but here and there I could like Shinee, only here and there, I'm going to give them a few more years before I make my judgement.

ANYWAYS. So I was going through my itunes deleting stuff and I came across some of my boyband music. This was the first song that got me into the Asian boybands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNhv2ZyMHk

I tried to imbed it but it didn't work.. :)

No, I do just like..well I'm 23 and thats not to say people my age or older shouldn't or don't like young groups they do! It just takes me awhile to get into to the young ones like Shinee and Hey Say Jump. Like it takes me awhile to get into Gossip Girls because I think I'm a lamely desiring closer something to my age but I'm caught inbetween the teen and 30 something catergory and feel like no one is catering to poor little me :)...lol :P

I went through stages too of music, like first the JPOP boybands only, then KPOP boybands, then KPOP females and boy bands, then JPOP girlgroups and just solo female artists now I'm back to liking well....almost everything. WAIT I forgot that here and there Taiwanese artists were mixed in!

What song first got the rest of you guys into it?

No, I do just like..well I'm 23 and thats not to say people my age or older shouldn't or don't like young groups they do! It just takes me awhile to get into to the young ones like Shinee and Hey Say Jump. Like it takes me awhile to get into Gossip Girls because I think I'm a lamely desiring closer something to my age but I'm caught inbetween the teen and 30 something catergory and feel like no one is catering to poor little me :)...lol :P

OMG DID I POST THE CHINESE VERSION????? Youtube video sound isn't working for me right now! I'm sorry!!!! I'll post the Japanese one later~

Yeah pop is like my main stay in terms of genres of music I listen too.

I'll tell you I'd love to go to a concert, so much so if anyone I loved performed in Europe I'd go. Asia is a bit tooo far for me at the moment. Its a same...well not a same just I wish pop acts performed over here and in Europe more. Oreskaband was at the warped tour but I didn't go...becuase it was the warped tour.

Though I know at some point I WILL love the younger groups..it will just take me awhile.

I'll be honest I usually buy a CD of something I really want or if I feel the artist needs my support or if they are a shuffle unit. I always buy OLIVIA's music and like I bought Tegomass's singles.

French? Did you maybe listen to Alizee?

Lol Kaki I thing you like a strong eyebrow in the opposite sex!

OMG DID I POST THE CHINESE VERSION????? Youtube video sound isn't working for me right now! I'm sorry!!!! I'll post the Japanese one later~

Hahahah, sorry for the confusion. No, you posted the Japanese one. I saw the Chinese version at their concert in Taiwan.

I have Alizee's first album. The second was already out by the time I was studying abroad, but it sounded like more of the same, so I opted out.

Yes, I love what they call "koi" type face here, which translates to a face with strong/chiseled features, heavy eyebrows being a must. This type of face is considered more "manly," but more girls in Japan prefer "assari" type faces which are more feminine.

Off topic but I read somewhere once that woman unconsciously choose a man with some slight feminine feature(eyes lips, etc.) because somewhere under many layers of psyche because they think those men are less likely to leave them.

You're right Mizushima Hiro looks a slighty/little like him just..a tad harsher, wider nose too I think.

You're right Mizushima Hiro looks a slighty/little like him just..a tad harsher, wider nose too I think.

lol sooo true and its weird to say becuase MatsuJun is soo skiny but Hiro looks like he doesn't eat.

We are sooooo off topic. but no one is here so its ok! :D

lol sooo true and its weird to say becuase MatsuJun is soo skiny but Hiro looks like he doesn't eat.

We are sooooo off topic. but no one is here so its ok! :D

LOL YES!!!! But I mean come on you aren't even going to have a girl Scarlett Jos size, who isn't even that big becuase she'd make Pi look small. I went back to all the issues and decided I really did like MastuJun's chemistry with the girl best out of all the ones I've seen.

LOL YES!!!! But I mean come on you aren't even going to have a girl Scarlett Jos size, who isn't even that big becuase she'd make Pi look small. I went back to all the issues and decided I really did like MastuJun's chemistry with the girl best out of all the ones I've seen.

Hahahah, sorry for the confusion. No, you posted the Japanese one. I saw the Chinese version at their concert in Taiwan.

I have Alizee's first album. The second was already out by the time I was studying abroad, but it sounded like more of the same, so I opted out.

Yes, I love what they call "koi" type face here, which translates to a face with strong/chiseled features, heavy eyebrows being a must. This type of face is considered more "manly," but more girls in Japan prefer "assari" type faces which are more feminine.

Off topic but I read somewhere once that woman unconsciously choose a man with some slight feminine feature(eyes lips, etc.) because somewhere under many layers of psyche because they think those men are less likely to leave them.

Yeah I've read that recently, its a good marketing plan! I mean teenagers have money but they usually get it from there parents. Look at me I was able to get all four DBSK repackings because I have a job with a regular flowing income, but SM does market their Boybands well.
Yeah I've read that recently, its a good marketing plan! I mean teenagers have money but they usually get it from there parents. Look at me I was able to get all four DBSK repackings because I have a job with a regular flowing income, but SM does market their Boybands well.

I think most marketing has woken up to the purchasing power of older women. For tokusatsu shows (such as Masked Rider and Ultraman), it used to be that the leads were pretty ordinary guys. However, the first Heisei (post-1989) Masked Rider was Odagiri Joe, who happened to be extremely good looking. Merchandise FLEW off the shelves, and the show skyrocketed in viewship. And it had nothing to do with the kids watching the show, but rather, their mothers. Mothers controlled what merchandise was being purchased and what tv shows were being watched by their children. The fact that young mothers wanted to watch Odagiri Joe on tv was a huge boon for Masked Rider. After that, tokusatsu shows all switched to having attractive leads, to the extent where being a Masked Rider means that a guy is particularly attractive. (Mizushima Hiro was also a Masked Rider)

Why it took them so long to realize this, I do not know. You would think it would have been more obvious.

Wow...Joe Odagiri...I havent heard that name in awhile...and I'm pretty sure they made fun of that topic on Shin-Chan (this good looking guy started appearing on Shin's favorite show, and suddenly his Mom was watching it every day and trying to buy all the characters collectables xDDD)

Also...how is Tak Sakaguchi considered over there? (I loved him in Versus, Shinobi, and Battlefield Baseball!!!)

Anyone remember 5566?

Edited by Shiro420
It seems the American Remake of My Sassy Girl came out on dvd this week. Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthburt are in it if anyone's interested.
It seems the American Remake of My Sassy Girl came out on dvd this week. Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthburt are in it if anyone's interested.

I think some remakes can be done very well...I don't think this one is going to be because of the changes but more so becuase sometimes romantic comedies fall flat. Not everyone can do comedy! The Japanese tv series of it didn't have that great of ratings..so maybe some things are best left original!

I'm very harsh on remakes ;) but I'm so far willing to give Akira a chance.

Are they remaking Akira?

Well they are making it into a live action. I BELIEVE its being produced by Leonardo DiCaprio's production company and I BELIEVE Joseph Gordon Levitt is attached to it. I'm not a fan of either actor, but of all the anime remakes this seems to best.

I think most marketing has woken up to the purchasing power of older women. For tokusatsu shows (such as Masked Rider and Ultraman), it used to be that the leads were pretty ordinary guys. However, the first Heisei (post-1989) Masked Rider was Odagiri Joe, who happened to be extremely good looking. Merchandise FLEW off the shelves, and the show skyrocketed in viewship. And it had nothing to do with the kids watching the show, but rather, their mothers. Mothers controlled what merchandise was being purchased and what tv shows were being watched by their children. The fact that young mothers wanted to watch Odagiri Joe on tv was a huge boon for Masked Rider. After that, tokusatsu shows all switched to having attractive leads, to the extent where being a Masked Rider means that a guy is particularly attractive. (Mizushima Hiro was also a Masked Rider)

Why it took them so long to realize this, I do not know. You would think it would have been more obvious.

^ Poor girls, but you know SM doesn't really know how to promote groups that are A. usually female and B. not immediately successful.

Hmmm you know lets talk about boyband fashion~

I have almost always hated everything KAT-TUN wears, ugh especially that fur stuff. That one album promotion..or was it a tour..idk anyways DBSK's stylist blatantly copied Dior.

really? Japanese or Korean tour? I can't even keep up with their fashion @__@; I'm still surprised they're still so in style while in the airport lol. (well then again all they wear is their fans' gifts)

I'm going to say some time around "O".

My favorite styling was Shinhwa's "Throw My Fist" becuase I love suits, and NewS "Weeeek"

I have almost always hated everything KAT-TUN wears, ugh especially that fur stuff.

Same here! And I thought I was the only one who hated it...

Edited by kaki

not sure....I saw their cd on yesasia and decided to check them out....they are quite good arent they?

Went to Music Plus today and FINALLY picked up Shinhwa vol 9....the tenth anniversary album, although all they had was the white edition (a biiig book with lots of pictures for the fans) that has the cd in it. I've already listened to the whole album, and it's really good.

I also picked up a couple of artists albums that I havent even listened to before. I got M.C the MAX vol 5 and SG WANNA BE vol 5. Anybody listen to either of those artists?

ah SMASH. They sound like the typical boyband. They're actually a group from Tony's(H.O.T) company.

I recommend this new boyband

JYP's 2 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDclKm04yg

as always from JYP the dancing is nice and the sound is catchy.

&

U-KISS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OJP--xna4k

LOL their dance/song reminds me of Solja boy "YOUU!!!"

Another SHINee type of group.. x:

M.C the Max is a ballad/RnB artist he's ok. (I'm not a huge fan of ballads)

SG Wannabe is also a ballad group. I found them to be boring as well even when I saw them in concert, but I have to say I love their song "Lalala"

I can't believe they actually made a country song xD;;; it's catchy tho lol

I always make fun of the main singer because of the way he sings XDD oh those faces of his kill me 8D;

Edited by lambogirl

M.C The Max's album was really good (the one I got at least) and I did hear the country song that SG Wannabe sang....my friend was like...IS HE COUNTRY?!!! lol

I like the look of 2pm and that video was HILARIOUS!!!

Soulja boy...lol YAHHHHHHH

Edited by Shiro420
Guest Ranmah

I am waiting for Puffy's newest CD. I heard a few of them, it seems pretty cool.

I watch some of the music shows from time to time and I am seeing that "Ponyo cliff by the sea" being played a lot. It is still on the top 10 play lists. It is starting to get a little annoying right now, but it real catchy.

So I listened to Shinee's new song..and OK I officially like them, I'm not saying I'll always keep on top of what they are doing but I like it ALOT.

SG Wannabe, beautiful voices(so does Smash) but I soo have to be in the mood for ballads.

2PM I just don't like, the video is funny because well teenage boys but otherwise I don't like it.

and UKISS OMG DID ONE OF THOSE DUDES SO NOT LOOK LIKE SOMEONE FROM SS501? Also the uniforms reminded me of Shinhwa. And I really hate Soulja Boy, anyone who talks about "Supermanning" and gets 13yrolds to sing the song is sick.

AND FINALLY I saw DBSK haircut on A-nation...what where some of them thinking????

I am waiting for Puffy's newest CD. I heard a few of them, it seems pretty cool.

I watch some of the music shows from time to time and I am seeing that "Ponyo cliff by the sea" being played a lot. It is still on the top 10 play lists. It is starting to get a little annoying right now, but it real catchy.

Someone here isn't a girl..I think..but I won't call them out...because I'm not sure if there really is....but the point is don't feel alone, music is music am I right? Everyone can enjoy it.

Edited by greygula
"Gake no Ue no Ponyo" (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea) has been on the top 10 Oricon charts for the past 6 weeks since the release of the movie and I found it quite annoying when I first heard it =\ , it's cute but annoying. ;)
Edited by kaki
Guest Ranmah

NTV has a 24 hour TV show. It is for a pretty good cause.

I see what you mean. I liked the first time they showed the song, but ENOUGH ALREADY!!! You American fans will see what we mean when "Ponyo cliff by the sea" comes to the states.

I am saving up my money to buy the latest "Always sequel." I am probably going to watch "20th century boys" and "Detroit Metal City." The 20th century boys movie looks more interesting. Catchy song.

NTV has a 24 hour TV show. It is for a pretty good cause.

I see what you mean. I liked the first time they showed the song, but ENOUGH ALREADY!!! You American fans will see what we mean when "Ponyo cliff by the sea" comes to the states.

I am saving up my money to buy the latest "Always sequel." I am probably going to watch "20th century boys" and "Detroit Metal City." The 20th century boys movie looks more interesting. Catchy song.

"Gake no Ue no Ponyo" (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea) has been on the top 10 Oricon charts for the past 6 weeks since the release of the movie and I found it quite annoying when I first heard it =\ , it's cute but annoying. :P

Edited by lambogirl

Here is the link to 20th century boys:

http://www.20thboys.com/index.html

I will watch it today at Roppongi. Happy Labor Day

On the topic of Boy bands. I have some interest in them. SMAP is pretty cool (mind you I have only heard of them when I came to Japan back in 2005).

There is this one boy band that I think they are pretty catchy.  Their name looks similar to the Kanji 風, but it has a crown on top. one of the singers was on a AU KDDI commercial that is real cool.

I would be the other guy you were referring to grey. I listen to pretty much anything as long as its (as stated above) not annoying and fun to listen to.

I'm really enjoying Shinhwa's 9th album right now, and I'm looking forward to DBSK's new album (I'm calling them this since it's a Korean album, if Japanese I'd call them TVXQ).

I think Music Plus said they were getting Big Bang's new album in this week.

Here is the link to 20th century boys:

http://www.20thboys.com/index.html

I will watch it today at Roppongi. Happy Labor Day

On the topic of Boy bands. I have some interest in them. SMAP is pretty cool (mind you I have only heard of them when I came to Japan back in 2005).

There is this one boy band that I think they are pretty catchy.  Their name looks similar to the Kanji 風, but it has a crown on top. one of the singers was on a AU KDDI commercial that is real cool.