Last I heard BEG is not editing their video. Their management company said it's all fake like a drama, nothing should be taken as real and thus will not be edited.

Like I said about JunJin, idk what's up. As for Minwoo yes I think she can't let go and wants to be famous and is using this BUT Shinhwa is known to talk about the girls they've been with.

@Shiro do you mean the Pizza Hut thingie?

On March 19, 2009, a federal jury in Honolulu found that Rain, his former management agency JYP Entertainment, and two other promotion companies were guilty of breaching a contract and defrauding Honolulu promoter Click Entertainment for $2 million (originally just over $1 million) after the Hawaii concert was cancelled and the promoters were not refunded the $500,000 licensing fee. Rain and JYP were ordered to pay $2.4 million each in punitive damages, $1 million for damages related to the fraud, and $2.3 million for breach of contract.

So he had pizza hut troubles as well? ^_^()

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most groups do come and go. Isn't there some kind of curse with korean boybands that they only last for 5 years and then break up? (I guess the same can be applied to girl groups)

@Shiro: That case with Rain has been going on for a while. I'm not exactly sure if it was Rain's or JYP's fault but they plead guilty. A lot of his fans couldn't get their money back so apparently on the day of the concert Rain showed up and apologized his fans crying. (this was for the LA concert though)

I wish I could say I was more into the Chinese/Taiwanese music scene so I would of heard of HIT5 but the groups I know about are "older" or solo acts and the only one I constantly listen to isn't really a girl or boy group. F.I.R.
But apparently she is in talks to come back...idk sounds like she had fame or something go to her head.

BEG single is very Brit Pop to me to a degree and I like it :}

I wish I could say I was more into the Chinese/Taiwanese music scene so I would of heard of HIT5 but the groups I know about are "older" or solo acts and the only one I constantly listen to isn't really a girl or boy group. F.I.R.

F.I.R. are my favorite Taiwanese/Chinese artists that I listen to. I have all their CD's...haha kinda just like BoA.

http://polyvinylcrush.com/wp-content/galle...16/DSCF0486.jpg

Although IMO, their last 3 albums couldn't top the first one.

Despite being Taiwanese, it's kind of sad that I listen to more Japanese and Korean music more lol. I know of quite a number of them, I just don't listen to them lol. Mandarin music sites are just harder to come by as opposed to Japanese and Korean music sites.

But apparently she is in talks to come back...idk sounds like she had fame or something go to her head.

I only really know 3 Chinese artists, which makes me feel bad. >_<

Wang Leehom, Ji Jia Song and Jay Chou.

But I like all three of them. =D

I love those 3, among others who are also movie stars (Nic Tse, Jackie Chan, and Ekin Cheng mainly, although I have smatterings of a bunch of other chinese singers.) Most of them are really talented, although Jay Chou would have to be my fave Chinese performer.

I only really know 3 Chinese artists, which makes me feel bad. >_<

Wang Leehom, Ji Jia Song and Jay Chou.

But I like all three of them. =D

• 2 weeks later...

lol wang leehom is such a cutie (: I used to listen to his music, I haven't been updated at all in the chinese music scene x_x

so anyone know about the chaotic news with TVXQ recently? oh goodness x_x

so anyone know about the chaotic news with TVXQ recently? oh goodness x_x

Yeah, lots of fans aren't pleased w/ SM Entertainment. :) I hope that all this publicity will get SM to change their contract w/ all of their artists/entertainers, not just DBSK.

Yeah. DBSK is their biggest group, and if they lose them because they weren't willing to let them be rewarded for the MONSTROUS amount of work they've done, well.

SM really does need to change how they do their contracts for sure.

Oh and lambo, my club is now meeting right down the street from Music Plus, so I'll be stopping by there every month now. They had TVXQ's new album (The Secret Code) which I picked up, Suju's 3rd, and Seo Taiji's newest, which is pretty awesome. I also picked up MC to the MAX, and they should be getting Big Bang's new album in (they had ALL the singles there)

that's great^^ I'm glad the store is still there, recently the few k-pop stores have been closing down due to the recession. (like the one in NYC T_T)

I was supposed to stop by there on the way back from Baltimore but didn't have the time ;; next time I'll go on a k-pop cd shopping spree for sure!

yea right now this whole thing with DBSK VS SM Entertainment is becoming more complicated.

Either way if they stay or leave the company, there's no turning back.. they've already gotten in bad terms with SM.

like what they said.. 'It feels like there the Great Wall of China between us and SM, and we've crossed a bridge that doesn't allow us to turn back,'

But I'm glad they spoke up, the public is starting to see the dark side in entertainment companies and can finally do something about it.

If anyone feels lost in this topic you can find tons of articles here

Edited by lambogirl

LOL at you pimping omna, too bad it's closed membership. That being said I want to wait and see before I make any big judgment against or for the boys or SM. I just want to see the results. So many record companies have horrible contracts, I never thought that was a secret but I think as people you should be allowed more freedom with your life, your career idk you can sign that away, we all do kind of when we get hired but they don't need to be slaves to it.

All it makes me do is look at younger groups and not just at SM and feel soo sad for them.

Ehh....I am so not surprised >_>. I think in the beginning they signed the contracts partially knowing this because, really, this isn't the first time a contract dispute with SM has happened. People these days want to be famous and blindly sign contracts, I guess you could say? and now that they're all big and famous they can be like "Hey I don't want this contract anymore" and they can probably sign with some other company because of their popularity.

People will back the artists because of Korean entertainments notoriety for bad contracts. I don't know how close they all are but I see one of two things happening: The three that are in the dispute leave. Or they all move to another company as a whole. Judging by the streak of Korean groups, staying with the company does not seem very likely to me.

Plus it is SM, who cannot keep an artist once their contract is up. The only ones that I recall staying with the company from the beginning are BoA and Kangta. The former has barely even done anything Korean related for the last like 4 years lol. Girls on Top was released like back in June of 2005 and she hasn't had anything Korean since then, except for that one song as AnyBand. As for Kangta, I don't even know lol.

It's a little different from the H.O.T. situation but yeah....if they split I don't think their popularity will last. JTL, Kangta, Moon HeeJun anyone? =P

Edited by chen86

The reason why I don't think they'll move to another Korean company is one word Avex. Though not Ayu or Namie they sell at fairly high volumes, so why would they want to get rid of that money maker? They wouldn't. Same with SM, Shinee's last album did not do as good as they would of liked at all. So other than SuJu who honestly is more of entertainers then singers, they have well no big boyband group. IDK who would pick them up as a whole other than MAYBE MNET records. H.O.T. even after disbanding was still popular at least as four separate solo artists{sorry Lee Jae}, and JTL. Shinwha was lucky especially when the thing with Andy happened. Oh and Kang Ta is one of the most anticipated post military comebacks!

I do think people are too damn ready to be famous anywear. Here, there, everywhere! With as many ways as you can be "famous" in Japan and seemingly a very growing number of ways in Korea ---- like this is bound to happen. It's only a shame and I can't say they should of known what they were getting into but maybe new trainees will look at contracts alittle harder? But I doubt it. :{

Edited by greygula
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

phew late post is late.

unfortunately all I've heard is DBSK's court case is still going on, and this is probably going to take months. All their activities have been suspended til the case finished. Right now only Yuhno and Changmin are filming dramas.

that was a while back but I think Tohoshinki are still going to continue their activities, they just won't be able to continue any of their korean stuff for a while.

Edited by lambogirl
that was a while back but I think Tohoshinki are still going to continue their activities, they just won't be able to continue any of their korean stuff for a while.

well, two of them just released a single called Colors right?

And the mflo tribute album hasnt been released yet, its only up for preorder.

I think Mflo has a 10th anniversary album coming out to....now if they would only come out with a new album.....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...