Haha yeah, I remember Jewelry...didn't listen to them much, they were still pretty new when I stopped listening to K-pop.

I still refuse to listen to DBSK....still can't get over the fact that this dude I saw everyday is now some international star XD. Although from what I hear, he is kinda the least popular one. But all of them are pretty popular.

If I remember, there was something about a company taking Shinhwa but without Andy and they wanted all 6.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no Yoochun is the most popular member in Korea. Girls just love his 'greasy' charm I guess /shrug

He's the least popular in Japan though, just for that reason they hate his 'greasy' charm xDD

lol I was attracted to Jae first(what can I say he looks like a irl anime character or a doll rly.. especially if you see him in real life.. holy crap), then slowly got to love all the members but honestly it was their music what made me get into them (:

I'm glad they got into the Japanese market, as much as I loved listening to my japanese boybands I was getting tired of the average nasally voice.(mainly wFL groups .__. lol)

And as much as their fans want them to go back to Korea, I say no. Their slowly at their peak in Japan as Tohoshinki.

Shinhwa is srsly one of those boybands, that will stick forever. I was watching musicbank the other day and Junjin had a new single O_o;;

There are quite a few girlgroups.. a lot have gone missing lol, I'm starting to think Wondergirls, Girls Generation, and possibly 2NE1 might be the ones to stick around for a while.

oh no Yoochun is the most popular member in Korea. Girls just love his 'greasy' charm I guess /shrug

He's the least popular in Japan though, just for that reason they hate his 'greasy' charm xDD

lol I was attracted to Jae first(what can I say he looks like a irl anime character or a doll rly.. especially if you see him in real life.. holy crap), then slowly got to love all the members but honestly it was their music what made me get into them (:

I'm glad they got into the Japanese market, as much as I loved listening to my japanese boybands I was getting tired of the average nasally voice.(mainly wFL groups .__. lol)

And as much as their fans want them to go back to Korea, I say no. Their slowly at their peak in Japan as Tohoshinki.

Shinhwa is srsly one of those boybands, that will stick forever. I was watching musicbank the other day and Junjin had a new single O_o;;

There are quite a few girlgroups.. a lot have gone missing lol, I'm starting to think Wondergirls, Girls Generation, and possibly 2NE1 might be the ones to stick around for a while.

I saw that one as well. I'm so far behind on their solo stuff though -_-

I actually do listen to one song....Share the World although One Piece had a lot to do with it.

And for those who want to see a really shitty picture of Mickey's high school yearbook pictures.

http://img205.imageshack.us/i/mickeyhs.jpg/

Left one is 11th grade and right one is 10th

again in attempt to keep a topic... one of my favorite groups, ikimono gakari's new single just came out. Which I just remembered is Naruto Shippuden's opening

Not a boyband or girlband but it's got a girl and 2 boys lol. I assume all kinds of Asian entertainment is suitable for this thread.

ikimono gakari - Hotaru no Hikari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPf0bny42s

Edited by chen86
I actually do listen to one song....Share the World although One Piece had a lot to do with it.

And for those who want to see a really shitty picture of Mickey's high school yearbook pictures.

http://img205.imageshack.us/i/mickeyhs.jpg/

Left one is 11th grade and right one is 10th

again in attempt to keep a topic... one of my favorite groups, ikimono gakari's new single just came out. Which I just remembered is Naruto Shippuden's opening

Not a boyband or girlband but it's got a girl and 2 boys lol. I assume all kinds of Asian entertainment is suitable for this thread.

ikimono gakari - Hotaru no Hikari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPf0bny42s

Hey I am sure no one is checking this during the con but if anyone was wondering about boyband stuff in the dealer room I have spotted an Arashi calendar, five Arashi photobooks and Tohoshinki's 2nd photobook.

Girl group wise spotted some Kalafina, Perfume cds but for more than they are online and a crap load of Hello Online.

Haha well I checked this thread just because the masquerade is kinda boring. (Yes I'm there right now on my phone).

But yeah Kinokuniya? Had a buncha Japanese books and music. Too expensive though haha.

Btw if you anyone was at the JE panel, I was there too but I got in at like 10:40 bc the MELL signing took forever. I was with a dude in an orange hat if anyone noticed lol, my phone also went off towards the end :D

You! LOL no I didn't see you. I was kind of in the middle towards the back of that section but not the back. I wish I could remember if I saw you...where did you sit?

Did everyone have a great time? I had a BLAST myself! :)

Im glad I was able to finally meet you at the Johnny's Panel Grey!!! Next time we'll have to make more solid plans to hang out xD. Did anyone else find all the Johnny's Albums in the dealers room? (I found this nice place selling a TON of Jpop/Jrock and they had Arashi, V6, Kat-Tun, and NEWS stuff for sale)

My friend and I sat all the way at the left side, 2nd row from the back. I think I may have passed you guys bc I heard people talking about Lead but I didn't wanna be creepy and go up to random people haha.

I came in during the juniors segment and if you heard a guy yell out woooo..that was my friend XD

I had a brown Aeropostale shirt on if that helps lol. I also cosplayed as Shinigami-sama on saturday and sunday if anyone saw that. I think I was the only one aside from another one from Friday afternoon.

As for JE stuff, there was a lot more than usual. I also saw a tohoshinki book lol. Unfortunately, Kinokuniya didn't have much. A lot of boybands and anime stuff. Only ones I saw that I liked were Buono and Perfume...but they didn't even have the new album.

Edited by chen86

@grey&shiro: Im rly sorry we couldn't go with you guys to K-bbq ;__; the only reason stopping us was money probs D:

but I'm glad I was able to meet up with yall at the JE panel^^

I got to the panel a little after it started, it was an interesting panel (: obvsly my friend with me was like whats going onn the entire time but yea 8D

I was the one yelling out LEAD. cuz the panel host said Lead as in lead in pencil.. x: Sat on the left side^^

@chen: um that was probably us LOL. Omg I think I saw you!! I only spotted one shinigami sama so I was spazzing when I finally got a pic of you XDD *loves soul eater*

I saw TVXQ cds in the dealers room (*shakes fist at dealer who wrote 'TVSQ' on the cds*) and apparently a Big Bang MV was playing in one of the booths?

I saw some JE uchiwas as well.

And if you stopped by the Nekocon booth you could probably catch my friends and I dancing to 'Mirotic' in their promo vid. Oo;; (random....)

Our LJ pal~ was also selling TVXQ fanart at her booth in the Dealers room! :D

And during the masquerade during the 'What not to do at a con' feat. Sora&Riku, they danced to TVXQ's Balloons! :D If you heard two girls screaming during that part.. then yes that was my friend and I Oo;; (what can I say? to hear that song during the masquerade was so unexpected xD)

Edited by lambogirl
@grey&shiro: Im rly sorry we couldn't go with you guys to K-bbq ;__; the only reason stopping us was money probs D:

I got to the panel a little after it started, it was an interesting panel (: obvsly my friend with me was like whats going onn the entire time but yea 8D

I was the one yelling out LEAD. cuz the panel host said Lead as in lead in pencil.. x: Sat on the left side^^

@chen: um that was probably us LOL. Omg I think I saw you!! I only spotted one shinigami sama so I was spazzing when I finally got a pic of you XDD *loves soul eater*

I saw TVXQ cds in the dealers room (*shakes fist at dealer who wrote 'TVSQ' on the cds*) and apparently a Big Bang MV was playing in one of the booths?

And if you stopped by the Nekocon booth you could probably catch my friends and I dancing to 'Mirotic' in their promo vid. Oo;; (random....)

Our LJ pal~ was also selling TVXQ fanart at her booth in the Dealers room! :D

And during the masquerade during the 'What not to do at a con' feat. Sora&Riku, they danced to TVXQ's Balloons! :D If you heard two girls screaming during that part.. then yes that was my friend and I Oo;; (what can I say? to hear that song during the masquerade was so unexpected xD)

aww sorry to hear that.. ;; we should plan something next year!! ^^

owch for Nekocon LOL. Yep well our Mirotic dance wasn't very good so maybe it's good yall didn't see the video 8D heh.

Oh and if you stopped by the Video game room, they had Pump It Up.(korean ver of DDR) If you played Pump it up GX they had Super Junior, Big Bang, Wondergirls, etc.

Edited by chen86
I also remember the group of people talking about Lead was one dude and a few girls so that may have been you all and Shiro...lol but again, I didn't want to be a random creeper lol XD

http://polyvinylcrush.com/?p=4447 and just if anyone wants to see if they recognize me. lol

I also remember the group of people talking about Lead was one dude and a few girls so that may have been you all and Shiro...lol but again, I didn't want to be a random creeper lol XD

http://polyvinylcrush.com/?p=4447 and just if anyone wants to see if they recognize me. lol

Was it at the end of the panel around a water cooler..because if so that was all of us! Man I think I saw you, next time scream out our board names. I was this close to doing it. :D Next year we need to all meet up for sure.

You sat on the left side at the panel room too? Maybe you may have seen my friend and I haha. As I am looking through pics there seemed to be two other Shinigami-sama's at the con haha.

http://www.the-enthusiasts.com/gallery?g2_...&g2_page=10 83~86 of Shinigami-sama is me.

Edited by lambogirl

Our LJ pal~ was also selling TVXQ fanart at her booth in the Dealers room! :)

So one of my room mates got sick and then so did I{later that night} so I was not able to attend the KBBQ, though next year we should all really plan something out. I did see someone selling a Big Bang convert DVD and heard someone else playing..NewS or Arashi, which was fun. Also saw fans with two SMAP faces, Tackey's face and Mikitty's face! I hate Nekocon and would never go by their booth but if I knew that I'd come and stop by!

aww sorry to hear that.. ;; we should plan something next year!! ^^

owch for Nekocon LOL. Yep well our Mirotic dance wasn't very good so maybe it's good yall didn't see the video 8D heh.

Oh and if you stopped by the Video game room, they had Pump It Up.(korean ver of DDR) If you played Pump it up GX they had Super Junior, Big Bang, Wondergirls, etc.

You sat on the left side at the panel room too? Maybe you may have seen my friend and I haha. As I am looking through pics there seemed to be two other Shinigami-sama's at the con haha.

http://www.the-enthusiasts.com/gallery?g2_...&g2_page=10 83~86 of Shinigami-sama is me.

Was it at the end of the panel around a water cooler..because if so that was all of us! Man I think I saw you, next time scream out our board names. I was this close to doing it. :D Next year we need to all meet up for sure.

For sure next year we are definately making more solid plans. I hope you feel better grey!!!!!

It was great seeing you all again, even if it was only for a few mins. Next time we'll have to hang out more!!!

The Korean BBQ was great, so I look forward to next time when we can all go!!! They give you a lot of food with your meal to, and you can cook it yourself if you know what your doing.... (wink wink)

Is anyone going to any of the other local cons? (AUSA or Katsu?)

Yes, yes. Definite plans next year. I plan on going up Thursday again and back on Monday next year. I am thinking of gofering next year if I end up going to Anime Expo in LA.

Oh my god, cooking it yourself, you just about killed my sister, she sooo wanted to do that last weekend.

As much as I hate Neko{in Hampton} I will be attending for various reasons, Katsu is a yes and btw hotels are open now but the Gaylord{which anyone who went across the bridge into Maryland would of seen it on the river bank} makes you pay a one nights deposit fee. Then I'll be at AMA{in Hampton} over the summer to promote my club and fill their schedule with panels. They are all technically local by which I mean VA ^_^

I'm only going to Nekocon. (Hampton)

Is Katsucon good...? I don't like going to cons where's it's only held in a hotel @__@;;

and yep Anime Expo is possibility of course I'll be back to Otakon as well (:

eh I'll just go to K-BBQ when I pass by Annandale again^^ (only like 30 mins away from Baltimore xD)

btw shiro have you passed by there recently? Has any new cds come in?

What kind of panels at AMA grey?(I heard AMA was horrible last yr ><)

The only 'boyband' related panel I'm doing is the K-pop panel at Neko. I might set up one for Otakon if they let me. @_@ gotta plan..

I think I am biased towards AMA as I have a lot of friends who really love it. But probably 3 music panels, an rp panel, a dramas panel and a manga based panel. I feel it needs my support as an older con goer so I give it to them!

Katsu this year though over crowded was me FAVORITE "smaller" con. Much better than Neko or AMA {and by small I mean under 10,000}. I mean a maid cafe, a really nice dealer room for the size and the fact that they were supposed to{because I've heard different people say how it went off} and acutal ball and then a rave I thought was cool.

I haven't been to Katsucon (was going to go but it capped), but I've heard from friends that cons at hotels are good since they're open the entire time if I believe. He also tells me that it's better to have a room at the hotel for AnimeUSA and Katsucon but it's only in Crystal City which is like ~30 minutes from me so I don't see the point in using 100$+ on a room lol.

Anyone going to AnimeUSA this year? I made the wrong decision in going alone since my friends backed out and I thought "when I'm at cons, I walk alone anyway" but it was so boring when there wasn't anything to do.

Maid cafe was a first for Katsu this year I believe, not sure if they're bringing it back. Wish I'd seen it haha I hadn't heard anything about how it was or anything.

Yes, yes. Definite plans next year. I plan on going up Thursday again and back on Monday next year. I am thinking of gofering next year if I end up going to Anime Expo in LA.

Oh my god, cooking it yourself, you just about killed my sister, she sooo wanted to do that last weekend.

As much as I hate Neko{in Hampton} I will be attending for various reasons, Katsu is a yes and btw hotels are open now but the Gaylord{which anyone who went across the bridge into Maryland would of seen it on the river bank} makes you pay a one nights deposit fee. Then I'll be at AMA{in Hampton} over the summer to promote my club and fill their schedule with panels. They are all technically local by which I mean VA :P

I'm only going to Nekocon. (Hampton)

Is Katsucon good...? I don't like going to cons where's it's only held in a hotel @__@;;

and yep Anime Expo is possibility of course I'll be back to Otakon as well (:

eh I'll just go to K-BBQ when I pass by Annandale again^^ (only like 30 mins away from Baltimore xD)

btw shiro have you passed by there recently? Has any new cds come in?

What kind of panels at AMA grey?(I heard AMA was horrible last yr ><)

The only 'boyband' related panel I'm doing is the K-pop panel at Neko. I might set up one for Otakon if they let me. @_@ gotta plan..

I haven't been to Katsucon (was going to go but it capped), but I've heard from friends that cons at hotels are good since they're open the entire time if I believe. He also tells me that it's better to have a room at the hotel for AnimeUSA and Katsucon but it's only in Crystal City which is like ~30 minutes from me so I don't see the point in using 100$+ on a room lol.

Anyone going to AnimeUSA this year? I made the wrong decision in going alone since my friends backed out and I thought "when I'm at cons, I walk alone anyway" but it was so boring when there wasn't anything to do.

Maid cafe was a first for Katsu this year I believe, not sure if they're bringing it back. Wish I'd seen it haha I hadn't heard anything about how it was or anything.

I love cooking the galbi and the bulgogi. It's sooooo delicious. I look forward to going there with you guys sometime.

Work and school have kept me really busy, and as I was saving up for Otakon, I haven't really been in awhile either.

I'll actually be staffing registration at AUSA, so come see me at the table. I'll most likely work the early morning shift so I can hit the concerts at night.

Has anyone heard Arashi's new single?

Edited by Shiro420

I haven't been to this thread in ages! :) (I used to be "NOTanOTAKU" on the forums, but lost the account info.)

And during the masquerade during the 'What not to do at a con' feat. Sora&Riku, they danced to TVXQ's Balloons! :) If you heard two girls screaming during that part.. then yes that was my friend and I Oo;; (what can I say? to hear that song during the masquerade was so unexpected xD)
Has anyone heard Arashi's new single?
Edited by greygula

Has anyone seen SHINee's Vogue Girl photoshoot? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMMrXqpA3rk...player_embedded

I can't believe some of these boys are still jailbait... (T_T) They look so sexy and mature.

I haven't been to this thread in ages! :lol: (I used to be "NOTanOTAKU" on the forums, but lost the account info.)

How was the JE panel? I'm sad I missed it, but I couldn't leave my table in the Artist Alley.

Ugh I hate it when I lose account info. :D

The JE Panel was really good. It was an intro panel and it did just that introduce. It gave out good and quick information. I'd like to see what they do if they add an hour. I saw some complaints about how they could of done more but honestly no they couldn't it was an hour and an intro panel. I went to four panels this weekend which were all great and the JE Panel, considering that I'm not much of a JE fan anymore except for a few groups was not at that bottom of that list!

Oh what booth were you?

I think she said she was going to because let me be honest I went to a JMUSIC 101 and J-IDOLS panel in 2007 that were quite horrible, this panel was good and should be brought back.

As much as I lllllllloooooooovvveeee shineebear it should be shotacat but either way I love seeing that pop up with Shinee stuff, who's music I really like but the boys themselves I really can't get into yet, they are so tiny! Oh current thoughts on Shinee, I do not mind the hair colors I DO mind the color contacts :/

LOL let me pull out my map so I can try and remember, I sadly only got to do one run of artist alley.

I think she said she was going to because let me be honest I went to a JMUSIC 101 and J-IDOLS panel in 2007 that were quite horrible, this panel was good and should be brought back.

She did the Jdramas panel too. Which since almost all shows contain JEs it is on the same line of thought to a degree. For the other music panels I didn't go to JPOP101 because those type of panels are everywhere as as said before I didn't like to one I went to in 2007. Their was a History of Jrock pnael and I am not sure if it is the same one I went to see at Katsu but if it was it was very well informed but one of the panelists seemed kind of elitist.

She did the Jdramas panel too. Which since almost all shows contain JEs it is on the same line of thought to a degree. For the other music panels I didn't go to JPOP101 because those type of panels are everywhere as as said before I didn't like to one I went to in 2007. Their was a History of Jrock pnael and I am not sure if it is the same one I went to see at Katsu but if it was it was very well informed but one of the panelists seemed kind of elitist.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! :) Most of the dramas I watch are Korean (bring on the angst!), but I'll be sure to check out that panel the next time I see it on the programming schedule.

Yeah, many of the jrock/v-kei fans I meet at cons tend to have an elitist attitude. Which makes me kinda sad since I like jrock as well.

Uh don't get me started on that. I love how they'll just cut in line to, thinking they're better than everyone. :D

At least it's nice to meet some level-headed fans on here.

I was at the JE panel. One of the like, five guys. I was the one who thought he was the only guy there.

XD

But, I did enjoy it. It shed light on JE that I never knew before (depsite the fact that I only really listen to Kat-Tun, and even then, Koki is my favorite member. KOKI LOVE ACTIVATE! I'm much more of K-Pop/K-Rock fan.

-points to his avatar-

T.O.P. YAY~

[/fanboying]

Edited by Nose Bandage53

TOP was/is the main reason I could get into BigBang.

I enjoyed the panel alot too, the fangirling in their, atleast where I was sitting was at a DEAFENING HIGH, but it was still a fun panel :)

Oh well you've come to the right place, KPOP is so talked about here, and girl groups too and with the explosion of girlgroups in Korea we just might talk about them more.

Anyone catch the new BEG video? Fiercest video yet, anywhere. Period. This is how sexy should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8-vNkVgtU...player_embedded

It's a very different BEG image from what I'm used to, but I love it! :)

I was at the JE panel. One of the like, five guys. I was the one who thought he was the only guy there.

XD

But, I did enjoy it. It shed light on JE that I never knew before (depsite the fact that I only really listen to Kat-Tun, and even then, Koki is my favorite member. KOKI LOVE ACTIVATE! I'm much more of K-Pop/K-Rock fan.

-points to his avatar-

T.O.P. YAY~

[/fanboying]

Edited by anbai

XD

I'm currently stuck on 2PM and 2NE1. I just got past Wonder Girls. -sigh-

DARNIT.

There's so much to keep up with.

-is listening to Angel by 2PM as he types this-

=D

And to be honest, T.O.P.'s not even my favorite in Big Bang (He's second). Taeyang has always kept my attention.

>.O

I used to be so addicted to Wonder Girls' Tell Me and Girl's Generation's Gee. (>_<) I even learned the dances.
TOP was/is the main reason I could get into BigBang.

I enjoyed the panel alot too, the fangirling in their, atleast where I was sitting was at a DEAFENING HIGH, but it was still a fun panel :P

Oh well you've come to the right place, KPOP is so talked about here, and girl groups too and with the explosion of girlgroups in Korea we just might talk about them more.

Anyone catch the new BEG video? Fiercest video yet, anywhere. Period. This is how sexy should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN8-vNkVgtU...player_embedded

I have to agree with you. That is sexy done RIGHT.

Most of the Shinhwa members are doing their military service at the moment, aren't they?

Minwoo is still promoting his cheating self and Eric is in training right now. DongWon has been in the service since November, which that being said I do NOT think he should of said anything supporting Minwoo in this Amy situation. HyeSung is exempt from military service because of a previous injury, no clue about JunJin, same with Andy.

Right now I think the girlgroups coming out with stuff is fine but I only favor a few like 2NE1, BEG and SNSD. I want to see what T-ara is going to be like before I make a judgment.

BEG's comeback album is great! I love how the girls have been experimenting more and more with techno/electronica~ Sound G has a nice balance of ballads and pop songs.

Has anyone heard Epik High's remix album? Absolutely brilliant!

I especially love the remix version of One:

! Though I miss Jisun's voice, Horan sounds really lovely as well! Edited by anbai

ohh yeah I know what you mean abt j-rock fans .__. they act like that during concerts too.

@Nose Bandage53: Where did you sit at in the panel? I think I saw you..?

yay TOP/tempo XD oh I hear ya 8D taeyang is umf LOL

Brown Eyed Girls are fierce, unfortunately that MV was too 'SEXY' for Korea, so they'll be reediting it. Yeah this was something different for BEG, I'm used to seeing them do the 'cute' image.

Oh goodness speaking of Wondergirls, did anyone predict out of all the asians debuting here they'd be the one succeeding? Not only are they on the Jonas Bro tour, they've been on The Wendys William Show and they'll be featured on tween magazines such as J-14. <_<

Is Junjun in the military? Didn't he just released a single..? :P

oh yeah Minwoo.. >__>;; I think his ex-gf wants revenge.

Who hasn't learned Gee or Tell Me? .__. Those dances are hard to avoid.

Edited by lambogirl

ohh yeah I know what you mean abt j-rock fans .__. they act like that during concerts too.

Brown Eyed Girls are fierce, unfortunately that MV was too 'SEXY' for Korea, so they'll be reediting it. Yeah this was something different for BEG, I'm used to seeing them do the 'cute' image.

Oh goodness speaking of Wondergirls, did anyone predict out of all the asians debuting here they'd be the one succeeding? Not only are they on the Jonas Bro tour, they've been on The Wendys William Show and they'll be featured on tween magazines such as J-14. :o

Is Junjun in the military? Didn't he just released a single..? :o

oh yeah Minwoo.. >__>;; I think his ex-gf wants revenge.

Who hasn't learned Gee or Tell Me? .__. Those dances are hard to avoid.

lol, maybe they'll make a drama out of minwoo's situation.

Last I heard BEG is not editing their video. Their management company said it's all fake like a drama, nothing should be taken as real and thus will not be edited.

Like I said about JunJin, idk what's up. As for Minwoo yes I think she can't let go and wants to be famous and is using this BUT Shinhwa is known to talk about the girls they've been with.

@Shiro do you mean the Pizza Hut thingie?

All the Shinhwa boys talk, but Minwoo has this ex, who's really rich and wants to be famous and talks about their past SOOOOO MUCH. That's basically it.

All the Shinhwa boys talk, but Minwoo has this ex, who's really rich and wants to be famous and talks about their past SOOOOO MUCH. That's basically it.
Edited by anbai

Hmmm.... kind of like BEG's new single although it's a little different haha. Since my small return to the K-Pop scene, the girlgroup that's caught my attention was SeeYa.

However, while looking up just now what they've been up to, I stumbled upon some old news that Nam Gyu-Ri left in April? lolol. Sooo out of the loop, feel like a noob. But this is somehow not unexpected...these groups go by so fast. One reason I drifted away from the Korean music scene in the first place. =P

But apparently she is in talks to come back...idk sounds like she had fame or something go to her head.

BEG single is very Brit Pop to me to a degree and I like it :}

I wish I could say I was more into the Chinese/Taiwanese music scene so I would of heard of HIT5 but the groups I know about are "older" or solo acts and the only one I constantly listen to isn't really a girl or boy group. F.I.R.