Killing Spiders to save the Butterflies.... A Trigun Gathering...

Hey, just posting this topic here for those of you on Otakon boards that don't frequent Cosplay.com's forums very much. This is the Original post here...

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=151651

I'm just curious to see if I can get a gage of how many Trigun Cosplayers are gonna be bopping around,

I'm personally gonna be Meryl Stryfe one or two days of the con, depending on weather.

Anyone else??

Count me IN! I am going as Nicholas D. Wolfwood. this is awesome i've always wanted to go to a Trigun meet! i met a midvalley the hornfreak last time i went to otakon. maybe we can find him again?

Hey, this will be my first time to Otakon, and I'm hoping to be able to go as Wolfwood if I can

get my cross all the way there. I've never seen a Trigun photo shoot before, but would love to be a part of it.

I was looking through the other thread, but couldn't tell if there was a definite time this was all going down, has

anything been settled yet?

Hey, this will be my first time to Otakon, and I'm hoping to be able to go as Wolfwood if I can

get my cross all the way there. I've never seen a Trigun photo shoot before, but would love to be a part of it.

I was looking through the other thread, but couldn't tell if there was a definite time this was all going down, has

anything been settled yet?

Well, looking through the other thread, it seems to be on Saturday around 8pm for those not in the loop, including me. Hopefully the thread starter can chime in a bit if they have any more info for us.

*Chiming in*

Sorry I have been momentarilly Distracted by my costuming/Bernadelli Duties... ( I have 5 costumes to make, 2 weeks to do them in...you do the math GAHH!!! @_@) Anyways

Yes, the shoot/Meet is set for Saturday at 8pm However A Meeting Place Has Yet To Be Decided!

THANKYOU WOLF!! *pats you on the head and gives you some bernadelli donuts*

Edited by Ichigogami
*Chiming it*

Sorry I have been momentarilly Distracted by my costuming/Bernadelli Duties... (Really.. I have 5 costumes to make, 2 weeks to do them in...you do the math) Anyways

Yes, the shoot/Meet is set for Saturday at 8pm However A Meeting Place Has Yet To Be Decided!

The only problem I have with the Fountains is, they are always overrun by other huge groups of cosplayers... But hey, if you guys are up to it, we can do that... @_@

The fourth floor is usually a good place to atleast gather... but here are a few other places to choose from... (Courtesy of EuroBeat King!)

"-4th Floor Outside Main Events (2007, 2005 & before)

-Inside Video-Game Room

-By Starbucks (Near Registration)

-By the Big Ship (2nd floor)

-3rd Floor Outdoor Terrace

-Walkway leading towards Food-Court & Hilton

-The Fountains

(This is the most popular area for gatherings, and it can get very crowded throughout the weekend, and there are several places you can host a gathering.) Here's a few:

-In front of the Fountains

-By the windows to the right of the Down Escalator

-Underneath the flags to the left of the Up Escalator

-By the metal wall (outside video/video-game room)

-Area by the old-guys eating their lunch"/END crazyarse Quotage...

*Chiming in*

Sorry I have been momentarilly Distracted by my costuming/Bernadelli Duties... ( I have 5 costumes to make, 2 weeks to do them in...you do the math GAHH!!! @_@) Anyways

I don't mind taking organizing duties or least helping. Granted even though I am not the starter of either threads or anything this will be my fourth Otakon so I know my way around the convention center and surrounding area pretty well.

When wearing Legato, I REALLY want a picture with Vash there of me and him sitting down and starring at the donuts/eachother. My Legato is from Trigun Maximum, and those who read the manga know that Legato is an all around glutton and not just a sweet tooth.

I'm currently Organizing a 30-40 person Pirate dinner, So a small gathering on Saturday shouldn't be a problem. Starting a thread on a subject in multiple places usually means the person responsible for updating the threads is responsible for organizing everything else... HELP IS A VALUABLE ASSET to organizing anything though

the way I usually do things, is have people contact me be it... PM, AIM, or MSN IM

And then we exchange numbers,

Set a Meeting Place Date and Time for the WHOLE GROUP photo meet-n-greet

You get a map in your booklet when you get your badge. and that should help you find your way. If not I've been around the convention center Multiple times and I can help people find their way around MOST of it. Not all of it though... and when you get to the below ground, or even ground floor, Cell phone reception is Iffy.

Especially in the dealers room, artists alley, and the video game dungeon

I do however have a question... What is everyone's preference for Meeting PLACE/ TIME- It can be later, unless there are some who wish to Rave... The choices of Time are 8pm OR 10pm PLACES to meet are listed in the forum if you scroll up to one of my earlier posts.

We HAVE a DAY- Saturday

Edited by Ichigogami

If we are asking for time preferences, I would rather do it at 8pm if that's the earliest time because I do want to try and get to the rave. Since this is

my first Otakon, anyplace would seem fine for the shoot. On another matter, does anyone know the typical length of these photo shoots? Never been to

one so I just wondering what to expect. Thanks

Usually, if you want to mingle with other costumers of the same anime, you can humdrum around for around an hour. In your case I think you would want to head out.

It really doesn't matter if people stay or go, there is usually a group who mingles around even after 2-3 people have left. It's really however long a person wants to stay or what the group wants to do

Just a heads up for those of you who are still interested in this... I guess we can meet by the fountains on the first floor and decide from there where we want to go!

so Official Photo Shoot stats are

Saturday 8pm Fountains!

Usually, if you want to mingle with other costumers of the same anime, you can humdrum around for around an hour. In your case I think you would want to head out.

It really doesn't matter if people stay or go, there is usually a group who mingles around even after 2-3 people have left. It's really however long a person wants to stay or what the group wants to do