Chrono Trigger for DS!

YEAH! You read it right!!! *____*

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193283.html

*splodes*

too bad it's not getting a graphical overhaul...but I'm interested to see what the new dungeon is going to be like.....ah...finally...a chrono trigger game that DOESNT have load times. (since the original at least)

Edited by Shiro420
That plus the FFIV remake seals it, I finaly need to buy a DS.

I'm definately buying the remake, but I heard it's just difficulty and graphics that got a revamp (all the dungeons and maps are exactly the same apparently) it still looks good though

too bad it's not getting a graphical overhaul...but I'm interested to see what the new dungeon is going to be like.....ah...finally...a chrono trigger game that DOESNT have load times. (since the original at least)
Graphical overhaul? What are you talking about? The pixels were gorgeous.

Graphical overhaul? What are you talking about? The pixels were gorgeous. I'm a little leery of the FFIV remake - I mean, really, does everything have to be 3D nowadays?

*Is currently playing the GBA rerelease of FFVI* Happiness....

Yeah, a graphical overhaul. It'd be nice if they did something different with Chrono Trigger.

And I have all the GBA releases of the FF games as well.

It's nice that they are adding a new dungeon and touch screen capabilities, but it'd be nice if they added a little more spice to the game. And the FFIV remake looks, as you say, GORGEOUS. Chrono Trigger has always been my favorite RPG, and as much as I love 2D, what's wrong with 3D? It's always good when they try to do something original with a game that's been out since 1995. (13 years ago)

And I wouldn't called the 3D/2D (which is what the FF remakes have been) improved as much as more detailed.

Edited by Shiro420

Finally?? Did you play it only on PSone? SNES version didn't have the insanely bad frame rate issue durring Lavos nor the 5 sec delay when battles began.

No, I bought and played it on the SNES when it first came out. I also pointed out that it's the first chrono trigger game (including Chrono Chross) that wont have bad load times since the original (its in my quote) ^_^

Edited by Shiro420
Graphical overhaul? What are you talking about? The pixels were gorgeous.

Yeah, I dunno why everyone wants the "improved" graphics, I mean...the CT graphics were pretty outstanding for a SNES game.

Edited by RPGoddess
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Lind L. Tailor

god i can't wait, chrono trigger is my absolute favorite game of all time and i really thought that square-enix all but abandoned it...

and ---- 3d, chrono trigger is the most gorgeous 2d game of all time and should stay that way...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
got it, it's pretty awesome, some of the translations are lame though, most notably that frog doesn't talk medieval-like anymore...
  • 1 month later...
got it, it's pretty awesome, some of the translations are lame though, most notably that frog doesn't talk medieval-like anymore...

The only reason I think they did that was to keep it closer to the original version, and I'm pretty sure Frog didn't speak like that in Japanese. ^^0