I gotta admit. An Otakon zombie walk would be pretty sweet, even though completely unrelated. :D Unless it's in a Versus/Wild Zero style (although personally, I'm totally Shaun of the Dead or completely grotesque Zombi style), then it'd be totally in asian culture relation. XD

A group entirely separate from Otakon and otakudom organized a Baltimore zombie walk in Fell's Point fairly recently (last year or two, I believe). Got a nice-sized turnout, and looked awesome. Most people giggled.

It'd be cool, but it'd slow the hallways down a lot if there were a horde of the undead staggering about in addition to the normal crowds. :D

I figured it'd be better to do it outside on the sidewalk or something. Maybe just wander in a large circle over across the skyway. Y'know, something to keep the Orioles fans on their toes. (GO BOSTON)

Maybe even a procession just walking from the BCC to a coffee place and back. That would be such a sweet picture. "In tonight's news; A line of zombies formed at a local Starbucks for their daily coffee fix. Local minister declares the apocalypse is near."

how about a slow zombie walk to drink coffee and while they eat/drink you may hear the random word "brainssss" being said....lol i need to stop daydreaming -.-

Edited by Champagon
Some white base, a bottle of clear karo syrup, red food coloring, and some q-tips, and we'd be 90% of the way to instant zombi-fication on sight. heh. It's a party waitin to happen.

Also gives you 2 costumes.

"Man, I did this Death Note cosplay, and everyone else is doing this one. This sucks. Look over there, it's a zombie crew!"

*musical segue and minutes later*

"Zombie L cosplay! Wow! Thanks zombie people!"

Lol. I really need to sleep more.

Depending on how many there are of you... I have bought just about every shade of body paint trying to figure out the right mix for my Tyki cosplay and this stuff goes far... I have all the materials to really "zombie-fy" you guys and if you check out my thread "Bloody Broken Characters", it gives examples of my past work.

Anybody have any idea when they would want to do this? I have a pretty tight schedule but I'd like to see a zombie horde as well. The Starbucks thing is funny.

Let me know what you all think.

• 2 weeks later...
Please Please Please get a zombie group going! That'd be so cool!

And it's so terrible, cause I'm cos'ing as Hank Venture with my friend as Dean, and I don't know which I want to do more: Join in on the zombie madness, or be able to say, "Zombies, bro!!! Super run away!"

Pfft The zombies would be awesome since they're unrelated to anime/manga/etc. We all need a chill moment from all the pocky and yaoi and glomping.

Thus, a perfect idea. I already have so much on my plate right now working full time in marine mammal science dept. and putting my costumes together or else you know I would. Zombies are beautiful. true story.

you have my approval and love : )

<3 the Siren

Ok, well this would not be a hard thing to organize.(even with a week to go) I'd say someone who knows the BCC really well should take the initiative to plot out a route. Pick a starting point and time, and post a new post with the info. We should end up somewhere good to do a photo shoot and do photo at the end rather than the beginning. Start indoors and end up somewhere outside. Also, the route shouldn't go through anywhere that doesn't have a large fairway, so we're not clogging narrow stairways and small areas.

Also - if enough people could bring their own or donate some makeups, those of us with makeup skill could arrive early to the start point and help zombify participants who either (a) can't do it themselves or (:lol: who's hotel is so far away that it would be impractical for them to leave, do makeup, then come back.

Ok, so where you, person with initiative who also has a good inclination of the layout of the BCC. We're waitin' for ya.

to be honest i consider myself a pretty good "scout" to plot a route. but i dunno lol. the only thing i can think of is sticking to the 2nd floor while walking towards the fountains, then going down the escalators (zombies on a escalator?, snkes on a plane... ok w/e) then after the escalator head toward the right hand side exit. then head towards the harbor. an outdoor picture with boats??? the route shouldn't be too hard to plan or even improvise on. but the someone needs to pick a specific TIME and PLACE, DAY to do this

Edited by Champagon

not friday morning and not saturday night? lol. I don't know what times work for other people but if its Friday morning (before or at noon) I'm out.

As for bringing make-up to share, I decent sized bottle of fake blood that people can use. In fact, I would really appreciate if people used it all up so it can stop taking space on my bookshelf. lol