Well Otakon 2008 is right around the corner. and for you people with BIG props KNOW how hard it is to avoid people with your gigantic props of Doom. We all know that when you are walking through a thick crowd of Otaku, and hear that noise that only fellow Otaku make when they get hit in the head by your prop *thawck* you silently snicker to yourself and apologize right after you know who you are! So i present this question to you.

How many hits does it take to get to the center of an Otaku?

my count last year of accidentally *thawcks* was 5. and i have never apologized so much to so many different people >.< would you believe that i met 2 of my friends because of a accidental hit with my prop??

xD I'm carrying a huge dolphin as my prop *thank the gods its a plush* and i have this fear that either I will accidentally bop people with it or people with want me to bop them with it *cuz it squeaks~<3*

The only one I hurt last year was myself, my arm ached after the first day of Otakon, but I trudged on because of all the support the con-goers gave me. It may not have been massive but it was big enough. I'm definitely adding an shoulder strap before I take it to a convention again.

I don't have a number of times per say but it only took me half a day to lose my wings. I was so tired of people walking into them and I just gave up on wearing them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wondered how cosplayers deal with carrying around huge props all day long. I honestly don't think I'd be able to do it. Though we'll find out next year...if I decide to make a keyblade (I've got a crazy cosplay idea <_<) This year I opted out of carrying the Sword of Dios...I didn't want to lose it, drop it, or have to carry it around in case I get a little out of hand in the Dealer's room XP.

I've worn wings (not as part of a cosplay) and they didn't last too long at all...I had to keep readjusting and too many people kept knocking into me, so I think I'm going to retire them long before they've ever seen any con action.