Gurren Lagann Cosplayers

Hey, Im gonna be Kamina at Otakon..... anyone else Going as anyone from Gurren Lagann ^_^.... Maybe we can meet up there or something :D welll this is Kamina saying See yah at Otakon !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamina

Edited by Kamina_Team L

I will be there as Nia, mid-time jump, pink dress en such, with the giant arse flower on my head @_@

I dunno yet if i will have my cape finished, but for now I have.... *think think*

Wig is 98% done, blue streaks en all, the flower accessory needs to be reglued

Pink dress is 75% done, gotta hem it and make the collar snappable so it can be washed etc...

Pleated skirt is 85% done, gotta attach the snaps on the back and the lace to the back hem

Bracelets: Bottom ones are done, the upper arm ones are figured out in my head but not physically done yet

Shoes/Belt: Belt is finished, 1 shoe needs to be finished but thats it for those items

Getting there by the grand power of the GURREN DAN!!!

There's a Gurren Lagann cosplay gathering on Friday. Here's the info:

Day : Friday

Time: 7:00pm

Location: Fountains area (bottom level of the convention center)

I forsee that it will be a big gathering. :D

Okie ill see yall there :P

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE !!!!!!!

i was thinking what should i use as his pants i was thinking Sweat Pants but idk?? Any Suggestions smile.gif

-Kamina

Edited by Asrial Dune
Combined double post
If I don't get extremely lazy I might have my time-skip Commander Simon cosplay completed by the con. Though not too sure if I can make the Friday gathering as the JAM Project concert is also that evening...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Kamina cosplay fell through at the last minute, sadly, but I'll have an even better one for next year =D

Also, I have 2 pairs of Kamina's glasses and one pair of Simon's starfish glasses that I'll be selling after the con on eBay (or during, depending on the demand)

They're made from red acrylic, cut professionally by www.ponoko.com, I'm getting some fishing wire or something to keep them on my face haha.

My Kamina cosplay fell through at the last minute, sadly, but I'll have an even better one for next year =D

Also, I have 2 pairs of Kamina's glasses and one pair of Simon's starfish glasses that I'll be selling after the con on eBay (or during, depending on the demand)

They're made from red acrylic, cut professionally by www.ponoko.com, I'm getting some fishing wire or something to keep them on my face haha.

okie ^_^ i hope i would see you :)

Just looking at your avatar, I think you were the Kamina I was talking to in the artist's alley. I was the Komusubi from Eyeshield 21.

If you aren't the person I saw then you can just write me off as crazy, lol.

I ended up missing all the shoots because my hotel didn't have free internet... I knew i shoulda printed out the darned schedule! @_@

however, I was Nia, I was Mid-Time-Skip nia, waundering by myself, Went clubbing for the Otaku Breakout night at Club Orpheus, It was sooooo much fun! :angry:

I lost the cutest costume contest... to a Chii... @_@

• 1 month later...

Hey, if you're hoping to cosplay as Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for next year's Otakon or any other upcoming convention or just want to look cool all the time, my brother has set up a page where you can purchase your own for the low price of $15!

http://www.ponoko.com/showroom/CrashTestDe...ren-lagann-1884

Unfortunately, this is just the glasses cutout and doesn't include a way to attach them to your face.

However, if you saw me this year at Otakon 08, I had this same cutout and drilled (lol) two 1mm holes into each side of the glasses, then used clear Stretch Magic and crimped the ends, and it worked beautifully (Yuri Lowenthal thought they were kickass! haha).

That isn't the only way to wear them, there's lots of possible options (if you have no clue about what I described), so check out the glasses and start thinking.

It's literally my brother using this site to make them and it's not a big corporation or anything, ponoko is a friendly craft site that isn't trying to rob anime fans.

There are pictures of the cutouts (including me wearing them) in the link, so enjoy fellow Gurren Lagann fan and SPIN ON!