Cosplay Stats

Character: Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Anime: Trigun OVA/Trigun Manga

Number of Props: 1

Prop Name: Cross Punisher Version 2

Percent Complete: 10%

My character uses a weapon named the Cross Punisher, His punisher is the 10th one to be built in 133 years. Nicholas is a preacher man of sorts. He is generally a nice guy always the realist but always kind. I would not suggest getting on his bad size however, or you will find yourself at the end of one of his three weapons of choice that are housed inside his Cross Punisher.

Edited by Champagon

Character= Kamina

Anime= TTGL

Props=1

Name= Just a sword

Percent Done=85 Percent

All i need to do is the Pants but i am having trouble on what i should use for the pants... and suggestions.

Character: Genesis Rhapsodos

Anime: (Game) Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core (unless they do some sort of anime about that time)

Number of Props: 5 (but three of one)

Prop Name: Sword, copy of LOVELESS, Banora White apples (3 of 'em)

Percent Complete:

Costume - 90% Waiting on my boots to arrive so I can put those little belts together. Also might get a haircut, after which I'll get some color in.

Sword - 45% I'm not attempting to make his rapier, this is only my first time constructing a sword. Instead I'm making a standard SOLDIER-issue sword. I've got a fairly refined cut of it. Need to build up the handle and hilt, bevel the blade edge, and then dress it all up with paint and a nice wrap on the handle.

LOVELESS - 30% I'd started on making a cover myself, but my mother's got an old book cover that I can use instead. I'm waiting on her to print out cover proofs, then I'll assemble some printed pages (with the actual script), before adding a lot of fodder pages that I'll cut out from and make a compartment, and finally binding it all together.

Dumbapples - 90% Painted and one application of clear-coating applied. Probably will keep fussing with the clear-coating until I'm satisfied.

Character: Random Shinoubia Shrine Maiden (I refer to her as #329)

Anime: Kyou Kara Maou!!

Number of Props: 4

Prop Name: Maiden Hair ornaments (90%) just need a final coat of sealer, "Leaves of Transporting" (90%) just need to finish making the hot glue water droplets, Tzou the kung fu sheep (10%) I need to find a stuffed sheep :P , Conrad's arm (0%) well I need a fake arm to complete this - most likely won't do it.

Percent Complete: 80%

Character: D-Boy

Anime: Tekkaman Blade

Number of Props: 0 (but I've applied my fabrication skills to the costume this year)

Percent Complete: 80% +/-.

Shirt and pants are done, boots only need one more piece attached, jacket/vest is mostly done, shoulder pads are crafted but I still need to add the snaps to attach them, I need to find or make the belt.

Character: Ryuk - Live Action Film

75% done. I need to finish my wig, finish my belt and then start on the face and wings.

Little update.

My copy of LOVELESS is at about... I'd say 50% done or so now. I've got a gutted biology textbook outside in the garage with glued edges drying out (with some horseshoes and a big socketwrench box weighting it down so as not to warp), which I'll be binding to the cover currently in my lap. Working with some leather cord right now, lacing the edges.

The shoulder pads attached to the SOLDIER-emblem belt won't stay on worth a hoot, so I'm sewing velcro to the undersides of those, and the shoulders of my sleeveless. Hopefully that should keep it up. Anyone have a suggestion as how to keep the belt down right above the waistline of my pants, aside from safety pins? If I let it go it's just going to ride up and sit on my stomach.

Character: Card Captor Sakura (the blue dress with yellow stars from the Sealed Card movie)

Anime: from Card Captor Sakura (that was a little redundant haha)

Number of Props: 2 the star wand (50%) I have most of the pieces (just missing the central star) I just need to put it together and paint it. And Kero who is 100% complete as I made him the other week. Although haven't decided if I am going to wire him to my costume or not. So that he looks like he is flying.

Percent Complete: 70% I have a good start. The dress and boots are sewn just need to put the yellow and white details on them. The hat is cut out just need interfacing. And then just he white sleeves and cape-let. (wow that seems like a lot more then it is... but the main part is finished. The dress)

Veigue Lungberg (Tales of Rebirth) - 80% done

all that is remaining is his waist band thing and his decor and trim on his armor. he's swordless, but i'm ok with that.

Gunter von Christ (vol. 2 manga version - Kyou Kara Maou) - 80% done

Coat constructed, needs to be trimmed and wig needs to be cut and styled.

Edited by GlitteringLoke

Cosplay Status for Otakon 2008:

Ouji-sama: 100% Just need to find my white knee highs...*searches*

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Utena Tenjou: I need to finish the shorts (95% complete) (Waiting for duelist ring to come in the mail *rush rush rush*)

Sae Kurosawa: Fatal Frame 2: 100% (worn at Otakon 2006)

Most of this stuff was handmade or modded, so I was able to save some money this year...and then I ordered the wig and the ring *sigh*

Character: Ryuk - Live Action Film

Uptdate:

Finished everything but the face and wig. I need to find shoes too. If time permits I'll be making wings but I'm starting to sweat now.

***Cosplay Update***

Character: Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Anime: Trigun Maximum, Trigun OVA

Just purchased ALL of the materials that I need for wolfwood's prop status updated to 20 percent :D

Times for some updates on my end.

Once again, Genesis Rhapsodos.

Copy of LOVELESS is at 75%. Just a bit more of pages to cut out, then gluing the inside and out. Felt-lining, and then binding it all together for a great-looking big book with a couple versions of the poem, and a nice compartment for putting stuff in. Maybe my PSP or something.

Sword hasn't been worked on at all. I got a little discouraged, because carrying a SOLDIER-issue sword as opposed to his signature rapier would probably be OOC, I was told. But I could easily do a SOLDIER 3rd or (edit: 2nd)-class Genesis on any given day.

Costume is at 99%. Velcro worked great for the shoulder-guards. But the sleeveless turtleneck is a tad too heavy for what the weather may be. Might just wear a basic (and lighter) ribbed turtleneck, which would give me something between my arms and the lining of the trench coat. All that's left is my method of affixing the large belt to the top of my pants. Safety pins didn't cut it, they tended to pop out in the back when I bent over. I've since done up a bunch of belt-loops with snaps that I'll sew to the inside of the belt. They'll hang down so they can be looped around my actual belt and then snapped shut, keeping it in place!

Should I count my hair? No coloring done just yet, I'm waiting until a bit closer to the 8th. Maybe the 5th or so to let it set in, not be crazy vibrant.

Edited by unlocked2886

Cosplay update:

Revolutionary Girl Utena: 98% Shorts are now complete. Alterations to the jacket need to be done aka it needs to be taken in. Still awaiting my duelist ring...which is due to ship on Monday from Japan. *tries not to go into panic mode*

Edited by JeuneFille

I would have been done with jacket #1 and halfway through jacket #2. . .if I didn't sew the lining in wrong on jacket #1. :S At which point I decided to put it down for the day and break out the alchohol. :( So, I guess I have 75% of jacket #1 done, since I have the shell and lining done, only sewn together wrong. :/ Which I guess would put me somewhere around 20% done on two Ranma costumes. ^_^ (though I do have all the pattern pieces cut out ready to be sewn. And both wigs, though they still need to be braided/trimmed. The shoes should be here sometime next week. (ordered the actual black Kung Fu slippers for it (of the rubber soled variety, so we can go outside in them.)) Hopefully I will have the 'Jacket #1 completed, halfway through jacket #2' status tomorrow.

Naoki Fujieda (NANA) - 75% need to dye pants again and make a vest. Get accessories if I still have time. @@;

High Wizard (Ragnarok Online) - 60% Need to finish adding details to the cape. Make belt, gloves (Hope to gawd I can get them to fit this time), and construct the wand.

Rufus ShinRa (Final Fantasy VII) - 99% Just re-wearing it from last year.. Just need to remember where I put those gloves. o_O;

Aaand the point on my sewing needle is bent.. this may take a while. x[

*pant**pant**pant*

Ok, both jackets done. I found a better way to line them, but could only do it on one (unless I wanted to completely take the other one apart. >.>) The one that I used my way on went together very easily and beautifully. The other one, after much wrestling with my sewing machine, who decided it had a grudge against that jacket about as much as the gods of sewing, I finally got it done. (Doesn't look as good as the other one, but it's done.) So, about 50% done. Now onto the pants. ^_^

Hey everyone champagon here. its almost 3 am and i am FINNALY all finished with my cross punisher. next step get it safely back to my house in owings mills.....its close to 3 am and i still haven't packed the car so i am a little (VERY) delirious right now */Rena Ryugu laugh*HAHAHAHAH hehehe ahhahaha (why so serious????) ummmmm......yea batman was awesome. cross punisher is done. and i also tried some new things to help enhance its original flavor.....so yea, hope you guys like it i did my best. sorry about the no photos digicam problem. meh W/E you guys will see it in a week soooooooooo ENJOI

After numerous problems with my negative mold I finally got my mask molded. *sweats while looking at watch* No I have to paint it and glue in the teeth.

Koumyou Sanzo - Saiyuki

number of props: 3 - the breastplate, crown and his pipe

percent complete: about 60%

Right now I've got it a little under 2/3rds done. Still need to do finishing things (hems and trims), add a sleeve, and do the Sutra. Pipe's not started, and the breastplate's nearly done (another coat of paint, then attach to the straps). The crown... well that's fighting the paint. I may just skip the headdress/crown, since he doesn't wear it much anyway. But the leathers are done, the arm things, most of the robe... overall, most of it's most of the way done. So just under 2/3rds.

***Are you finished yet? Times running out! (Don't Sweat)***

Only things I have to get now are a dress shirt and a dress coat/glasses for wolfwood. Easy find though so I am at 100 percent completion :P. Good luck to the rest of you guys! See you at Otakon 08

Costume? Done.

Hair? Done.

Props?

-Apples - Done

-Sword - Canceled

-Potion - In my fridge, waiting for me to be brave enough to try it.

-LOVELESS - Modge Podge drying, waiting for felt lining in compartment.

So yeah. For all intents and purposes, I'm finished. Good luck to those of you still cutting it close!

I will be forever at 98% because of a lack of a wig ;_;

but Miku Hatsune 90% I just have to do something about the 'hair' ...

Akito about 90% too no one will recognise it like this but I don't want to pass out because I'm wearing too many clothes in such hot weather na no da

random EGL type thigns well they are random and could always use more frills XD;

Character: The Scout

Anime: (Game) Team Fortress 2

Number of Props: 3

Prop Name: 1 Scatter gun (shotgun), 1 pistol, 1 baseball bat.

Percent Complete: 98%

Just need to put an orange tip on my scattergun, do some weathering on it, and finish some details on the pistol.

2 Ranma costumes (one for me and one for my bf):

-Pants: done

-sashes: done

-wrist/ankle bands: done

-shoes: got 'em

-wigs: braided/trimmed

-jackets: sewn together, but currently banging my head on the table trying to get the frogs on.

I took my bf with me to get the trimmings. I was just going to get regular cord to do the frogs, but then my bf saw this more intricate cord lace type stuff. While it does look very cool, it's a pain in the butt to work with. The ends keep fraying/coming undone, and it's much harder to sew to anything since its many intricately woven cords, not just a single cord. Then I finally figured out a way to get it on so it stays and doesn't come undone, only I sewed them on a bit off center. So now I have to redo them. *bangs head on table* I hope I can get them on in time. But on the bright side, I already did the fitting and measuring on my bf, and he's supposed to be on a business trip for the next couple days. Which means I have 1.5-2 days to work completely uninterrupted. *;)* (Well, except for the cats, but that's a different story. :) )

So to answer the question directly, about 90-95%. But I'll be done once I get the frogs on. YAY!!!! :P

Character: Madarame Ikkaku

Anime: Bleach

Number of Props: 1

Prop Name: Hozukimaru (as the spear)

Percent Complete: 100%

I'm going as Ikkaku once again. Most of his costume was easy as I do martial arts. So I already have the hakama, and uniforms. It's a black pair of gi (martial arts uniform) pants (10oz with a pocket), a white gi top (6oz), a black gi top over that (also 6oz), a black hakama, a white sash and there is a little face paint. The prop which looks like a spear with a burgundy tassel on the bottom, from end to end it is 6' long. The worst part is that it's hot, for a guesstimate of weight 12oz is about as thick as blue jeans.

I started making his bankai but I ran out of resources (time and money) it was about 15% done. But that means I've got a 15% head start on next year...and yes crack would be cheaper.

Koumyou Sanzo - Saiyuki

number of props: 3 - the breastplate, crown and his pipe

percent complete: about 60%

Right now I've got it a little under 2/3rds done. Still need to do finishing things (hems and trims), add a sleeve, and do the Sutra. Pipe's not started, and the breastplate's nearly done (another coat of paint, then attach to the straps). The crown... well that's fighting the paint. I may just skip the headdress/crown, since he doesn't wear it much anyway. But the leathers are done, the arm things, most of the robe... overall, most of it's most of the way done. So just under 2/3rds.

Because of last-minute, unexpected issues, I haven't had time to finish Koumyou like I wanted. The wig came in blonder than expected (that wasn't the issue though), so instead, I started on Konzen Douji (Saiyuki Gaiden) since I had fabric - at least I'm still using the wig. All that's left at this point is the arm sleeve things, and filling the bottom of the wig in. Other than that, it's done - so I'm saying 80% finished. No props, other than Goku, but I'll just have to find one of those in-con XD

I'm bringing my Kakouton (Ikki Tousen) "cosplay" (which consists of a knit hat, dogtags and an eyepatch) and might as well snag my sunglasses and headband to do Harima Kenji. =P

Thrift store cosplaying ftw XD

Well, got the frogs on one jacket, almost done making the frogs for the other. There's still some light finishing work I need to do (like shortening the frogs a bit, since they seem slightly big/loose on my bf's jacket, tacking the frogs down so they stay put, trimming loose threads, etc), but the only big thing left is sewing the frogs on the 2nd jacket. YAY!!! I might actually get to sleep tomorrow night. *^ _ ^*

Im being a procrasinator at the moment. Iv got all my stuff done except the obi which is really important. Im tired as hell from a long day still making my costume. Im leavin tomorrow at 2 so i only have a little time to finish and learn how to tie the frickin thing. So when you see a kimono with a obi messed up you kno that it is me cause im might mess it up cause im so tired. I might just go to sleep now and wake up at 8am and finish it. I usually dont get up till 1030 but ill make an exception.lol

Ness: 100%

I have finally completed my Ness outfit (I know it is not very hard, just had to buy a bunch of stuff, but I got started on it late :) ). The only thing I might add would be some white tape around the baseball bat handle. Also, I ordered a yellow backpack and I got it yesterday, but it is more of a yellow-greenish color and it is A LOT smaller than I thought (it is very hard to find a yellow backpack in stores). I guess we will see how it looks. :D

See you all at Otakon and good luck finishing up your costumes!