- Firming up schedules

- Putting together shopping lists

- Arranging remaining flights for guests and interpreters

- Keeping tabs on guest questions

- Trying to get my house cleaned up

- Arranging for cat-sitter

- Trying to find another pair of sneakers to wear at con

- Dealing with several billing/payment issues

Oh yeah I'm also trying to renovate my kitchen.

I think you def. have the most to do out of us all...otakon will come fast for you. *lol*

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each day it seems the excitement doubles from the prior day -.-

-Work like crazy for last minute money.

-Haircuts

-Wii Fit + Smash Bros Brawl Practice

-Order my costume >_>;

-Go get coloured contacts (first time wearing them too, gg)

-Plan out timings (tournaments/photoshoots/known panels+concerts)

-Make sure everyone else in my group is prepared.

-Play more SSBB to try and bear the excitement.

Work on my costume, pack all my stuff up and doublecheck everything.

Finish selling these computers and stuff on Craigslist for otamoney. As well as a Core2 Extreme CPU. (Intel Retail Edge FTW.)

Get badge on Thursday, go to their place (They live right around the corner from the GB lightrail station), get on WoW for a bit, crash, wake up uber early, shower, get ready, get in costume, head out. Rinse and repeat for Sat and Sunday.

What was highlighted in bold everyone should do, so no one has to whiff some BO.

Edited by ReanimationLP
Work on my costume, pack all my stuff up and doublecheck everything.

Finish selling these computers and stuff on Craigslist for otamoney. As well as a Core2 Extreme CPU. (Intel Retail Edge FTW.)

Get badge on Thursday, go to their place (They live right around the corner from the GB lightrail station), get on WoW for a bit, crash, wake up uber early, shower, get ready, get in costume, head out. Rinse and repeat for Sat and Sunday.

What was highlighted in bold everyone should do, so no one has to whiff some BO.

What am I doing now... from this period until Otakon..

• Waiting is something.
  • Working
  • Going to summer school.
  • Mediate and doing an internet getting to know you in my hotel group. I reserved the room.
  • Arrange and planning the ride down to Otakon... am having three cheap tickets I reserved and cannot get a refund on, so trying to sell that. My friend is driving down at the last minute, so I hitched a ride with him.
  • Trying to save money....
  • Planning outfits (pseudo-cosplay outfits to wear..) Got these great J-list shirts... want to show off.
  • Playing video games...
  • Corresponding with editors and stuff on prepping for a con report.
  • Corresponding with friends on cosplay photography ops or events..
I've still got props to work on. Besides that, I guess I should establish meeting/driving/parking arrangements with my friends.

Oh. And also I'll be doing my best to pick up as many shifts at work as possible. I love my coworkers to death, I'm okay with wearing the tights, but it's just my luck when I serve people who leave me ten dollars or less. Come on, there's swag I gotta buy in a month!

*sigh* I have to work a-lot as well. *tear* This year will be my first year attending Otakon with lots of money!!

Otakon 2005-only went with 50$...my parents money

Otakon 2006-only went with 100$...part mine from saving and part my parents

Otakon 2007- went with 250$...most mine from gradution money...some my parents

Otakon 2008-This year all my money...I already have 500 saved o.O...so I'm in good same ((I dont stay in a hotel, I stay with my parents who live in coulmbia Md....right outright Baltimore ^_^))

I've still got props to work on. Besides that, I guess I should establish meeting/driving/parking arrangements with my friends.

Oh. And also I'll be doing my best to pick up as many shifts at work as possible. I love my coworkers to death, I'm okay with wearing the tights, but it's just my luck when I serve people who leave me ten dollars or less. Come on, there's swag I gotta buy in a month!

*sigh* I have to work a-lot as well. *tear* This year will be my first year attending Otakon with lots of money!!

Otakon 2005-only went with 50$...my parents money

Otakon 2006-only went with 100$...part mine from saving and part my parents

Otakon 2007- went with 250$...most mine from gradution money...some my parents

Otakon 2008-This year all my money...I already have 500 saved o.O...so I'm in good same ((I dont stay in a hotel, I stay with my parents who live in coulmbia Md....right outright Baltimore ^_^))

I'll be taking on any more projects that get sent my way from my freelance work, since all those require is just a couple hours' worth of time at the computer. I freelance for a company that takes print catalogs and brings them online.

My actual job is at Medieval Times. I've got... one more check coming to me before Otakon, and then on the 8th itself... I might try to swing by the castle to pick that up and deposit it before I head into Baltimore, actually... Hm. Aside from that, I can only pray that I get shifts (it's kind of a lean time right now), and that my people are generous.

I'll be taking on any more projects that get sent my way from my freelance work, since all those require is just a couple hours' worth of time at the computer. I freelance for a company that takes print catalogs and brings them online.

My actual job is at Medieval Times. I've got... one more check coming to me before Otakon, and then on the 8th itself... I might try to swing by the castle to pick that up and deposit it before I head into Baltimore, actually... Hm. Aside from that, I can only pray that I get shifts (it's kind of a lean time right now), and that my people are generous.

I love medieval times! i went there for my birthday and had a blast. thats awesome that you work there..... are you the knight with the long hair in a ponytail? oh wait, that's like everyone ^_^

Ah, for me it's work, work, work! I'm waiting on lovely things in the mail, so my list is pretty much:

• work
  • go to the post office/stalk the postman
  • more work
  • double-check funds
  • even more work
  • make sure everything's in order for my tea party
  • working again
  • figure out which clothes to bring--decide between petticoats (poofy, super-poofy, or both for maximum poof!)
  • working yet more
  • make sure the boss knows I'm going out of town
  • pack!

As the date to Otakon draws ever closer...

1) Finish my Utena cosplay for Saturday. (Duelist ring isn't here yet >_<)

2) Keep best friend (and new con-goer) sane as she finishes her cosplay.

3) Go to the gym.

4) Make a list of everything that needs to be packed (doing 3 cosplays this year O.o) and make a list of what is needed for food stash.

5) Start the packing process. (In 05' I definately forgot a vital piece of my cosplay)

6) Print everything out....twice.

7) Make sure plans are set and take my place as "Fearless Leader" (as I'm going with not one, but two newbies)

8) Attempt to sleep...as much as possible. Although my earlier comment to my friends was (and the Bishie Boys said it best.."No Sleep 'til Otakon"...and now I regret mentioning it ;_;)

9) Try to keep myself sane, and not annoy my family with constant talk of Otakon.

...I'm thankful for the summer off and that teaching is my chosen profession :P

Hehe, I'm the crazy friend a couple posts up... :)

Yeah, it's my first year at con. My first time at any kind of con...

But I'm well behaved!

My plans from now til August 7th?

1. Find a babysitter near me for Thursday. Possibly Friday as well.

2. Make list for babysitter, roomie, and surrogate grandma.

3. PACK!

4. Print out 2 copies of my pre-reg info. One for me, one for 'Fearless Leader'. :P

5. FINISH COSPLAY!!! (ok, so it's just making a pair of bloomers, but still!!)

6. Make pre-con shopping list.

7. Make Baltimore sightseeing list.

8. PRINT OUT COPIES OF LIGHTRAIL INFO!

9. Find more people staying @ Microtel.

10. Find Lolitas, EGA, and goth-kids to go to Ascention with us on Friday night. (It's a goth club)

11. Pace.

12. Repair worn carpet from pacing.

13. Be mommy.

14. Decide on hair & makeup.

15. Decide on clothes to pack...

Wow, can anyone tell I'm a virgo? Talk about micro-managing!!! :P

*squeeee* It's getting SO CLOSE!!!

9) Try to keep myself sane, and not annoy my family with constant talk of Otakon.

Agreed. I've been threatened at times to shut up about it already XD Excitement does that to ya I guess.

Agreed. I've been threatened at times to shut up about it already XD Excitement does that to ya I guess.

LOL ^_^

my mom thinks that Im wasting my money on the "cartoon freak show convention" - so if I dont want to hear any nagging about how to spend MY money, then I just simply dont talk to her about it. but I do geek out to my friends about otakon..... gotta find another way to vent my excitement

My mom kinda just deals with it anymore, since I've been so into Anime since the age of 10. I think somehow my dad believes I'll grow out of the 'phase'. I've already been told numerous times..."I don't care about Otakon, shut up already!" So yeah, in the wait until Otakon 2008...I'll probably end up driving the non-Otaku population up a wall ^_^ or convert them.

LOL ^_^

my mom thinks that Im wasting my money on the "cartoon freak show convention" - so if I dont want to hear any nagging about how to spend MY money, then I just simply dont talk to her about it. but I do geek out to my friends about otakon..... gotta find another way to vent my excitement

Oh wow, I can't believe how close it is already. @_@ Eee!

What I'll be up to? Lessee...

-Finish my Lucian cosplay.

-Make lists of things I need to take.

-Make sure I don't misplace anything. x_x

-Get my hotel payment sent out to the one in charge of the room.

-Practice the three-minute Hare Hare Yukai.

-Pick up the final things I need.

-Finalize travel plans with the friend I'm going with and buy the bus tickets for us.

-Try to convince my dad not to call me multiple times during the day while I'm there. >_>

-Decide whether or not to get my hair cut. Which'll probably be a no.

-Get used to this eyepatch I have to wear with my costume.

-Double check to make sure everything is done.

-Probably ask more n00b questions to my Otakon-experianced friends. xD;

-Proceed to go insane, twitchy and giddy as the days tick away.

I can't waaaiiit.

I love medieval times! i went there for my birthday and had a blast. thats awesome that you work there..... are you the knight with the long hair in a ponytail? oh wait, that's like everyone :)

Edited by ReanimationLP

Let's see with nine days to go:

- Job interview.

- Current job and beg boss to give me extra hours this week to pay off my bills before I leave otakon.

- Tell myself I will be ok with probably $70 as my Otakon budget. But cry anyway over my seriously bleek paycheck in ratio to bills.

- Buy new shaving razor.

- Exercise/strength train so I don't look too pathetic for Thurs set up in Exhibitions and to be in shape to do a whole lotttttta walking.

- Visit with Aunt tentatively coming up this weekend. And avoid impending family drama that will ensue/continue to ensue.

- Figure out what clothing to bring and assess footwear/socks.

- Target last min. snackery/drinks shopping (Archer Farms Kettle chips/jones diet root beer yay!)

- Friend's going away party.

- Wed night pre-departure sleepover where I probably won't sleep and will have been forced to watch Avatar again.

And all the time to come counting down to it with my friends. We're all SO PUMPED this year, moreso than other years (well I'm ALWAYS effervescently exhuberant over Otakon, now everyone is the same yay!), and we all want to go to Otakon NOW!

I'm trying my hardest to finish my TF2 RED Team Soldier cosplay so I can give it to my friend to wear for Otakon. That, and I'm rather flustered trying to get last-minute hotel room housekeeping out of the way. Hunting people down for checks, trying to fill the one spot we had left, trying to figure out a meeting place, making sure we have enough money, transferring the reservation to my friend's credit card, cashing checks, etc etc etc..

And the sad part is, I'm not even going.

:(

Edited by Otaku Ru

-Write like a madman for internship

-Edit like a madman for podcast

-Go to family reunion

-Work a lot

-Sleep?

-Pack

-Get equipment tested, charged, and ready to go

My list isn't all that different:

- Work, work, work, and then work some more.

- Get final room payments from everyone in my room.

- Work on adjusting the costumes that I do have.

- Panic and walk around in circles waiting for final cosplay to arrive.

- Finish my wig

- Get my hair done

- Shop for costume repair things

- Go shopping for food supplies

- Transfer money from savings to checking (and look really depressed as I drain my savings to zero) >.<

- Gain a lot of courage to wear my costume without embarrassing myself too badly.

- Pull out every piece of clothing in my closet looking for non-cosplay related outfits.

- Pack entirely too much.

- And check the site religiously to see if anything has changed.

Edited by ChibiNeko

This week, for me, is all about last-minute stuff:

[] sending schedules to guests

[] assembling supplies

[] finalizing the interpreter schedule

[] finalizing the driver and flight schedules

[] paying my own bills so I don't forget in the rush of the con

[] preparing some personal stuff

[] confirming cat-sitter

[] prepping badges and the like for my team

[] confirming miscellaneous logistics

[] receiving the custom Otakon branded stuff I ordered for guest gifts

[] contacting radio station to see about doing voice actor interviews

[] making dinner reservations for fri and sat

[] making signs

[] prepping van bags

[] pack everything in the world

[] pack my own luggage and such

[] decide how to get everything up to the hotel

[] get at least one good night's sleep

Well if you ever want any melatonin, Jim, I'm bringing some to con just in case I get insomiatic. ^.^

I forgot to add in my wait - SEASON FINALE OF DOCTOR WHO ON FRIDAY.

Then following that, occupy some weekend time the Fandom Wank entries that will most likely ensue involing the "Whopocalypse"...much like the "Potterdammerung" in a way.

Well i got some stuff 2 do...

1. Try not to get deathly sick

2. Make sure my Cosplay is all finished and I have enough supplies to last me the 3 days.

3. PACK!!!!!!

4. Try to get a job.

5. Try Not To kill my parents with talk of Otakon.

6. Hang out with my friend and get talk about skit for NYAF

7. Eat Ramen

since i'm not in charge of my group this year ( I decided i needed my sanity) i actually haven't been that busy.

i already pre-registered so here's what i'm donig in the next couple of weeks:

- waiting for the dress and shoes i ordered to arrive

- still waiting for my exam scores

- acutalyl putting together my outfits for all 3 days

- waiting for some kind of sign that my gofer registration form was accepted

- working an average of 30 hours each week at the grocery store

- babysitting an average of ten hours a week for a demon child

- trying to learn the lyrics to 2 songs for the cafe

- cleaning my room

- meeting up with my group members and other friends

- visiting the bank ALOT

- waiting for my new group leader to tell me how much i owe in hotel fees

- finding time to visit my grandmother

- studying my japanese

- AND working out everyday

if i were still the head of my group and if i was making everyone's cosplays like i did in previous years, then this list would be a helluva lot longer.

- Need to get a haircut (hopefully tonight, to give it a few days to grow in) so my Gendo isn't all shaggy.

- Still waiting to get my melodica in the mail... need to practice "Angel's Cruel Thesis" on it. =0

- Must purchase large quantities of Red Bull and other caffeinated beverages so I don't crash the car and kill myself and my friends.

- Hounding my friends to get their share of the cash into my hand on the day of departure so I can pay for the hotel without bringing my checking account into negative monies.

- Watching anime to psych myself up!

My finishing touches for Otakon in the week prior:

- Haircut (been growing it out for months and need it short enough)

- Burn DVDs

- Get my last pieces for my costume (gloves and a belt) and take base pictures

- Buy supplies and snacks

- Finish No More Heroes (I'm cosplaying Travis, so it's necessary)

- Survive work at two different places

and finally...

- Pack and go!

I'M NOT READYYYYYYY.

Still gotta

- Take my car in to get fixed (Nothing serious, but still >.> )

- Find a red sweater for my Lisa cosplay laskdjf oh my god

- Finish summer reading

- Force my self to start running for soccer preseason

- Pack

- Find out which hotel I'm even staying at Thursday night

*get my money together

*practice in gaming

*practice my dancing for the dope dancers at the rave

*get my outfits together

*make sure i gotta ride to the area

*chillin

even tho, not a lot of my friends r going, i'm sure i'll have a good time, and be in good company ^_^

I need to finish my Lal Mirch costume and try to not spend money on useless stuff.

I finished my first cosplay and got the last piece of it in the mail today from ebay [phew....] and i am currently tweaking my 2nd costume. i think the hardest thing i'm doing right now is trying not to spend my money until otakon........ it's been rather hard :) . i keep telling myself when i walk past a store not to buy anything because i'd rather have my money go towards the dealer's room

Oh my god I cannot believe how close it is now. I'm so excited.

My to-do list until next Thursday:

[] work

[] some more work

[] some more work

[] not spending any money until the convention (accept on Breaking Dawn which is released tonight)

[] finish Breaking Dawn so it doesn't interfere with con time later on

[] need to get a new wig cap

[] need to get some dress tape

[] making last minute fixes on old costumes

[] pack

[] wait impatiently

[] wait impatiently some more

AND THEN FINALLY ON WEDNESDAY

[] finalize my ride down to meet up with my friends so we can leave at 11am on Thursday. YAY!!!

I am SOOOOO excited. It's my first otakon so I'm soooo excited!

Guest Hpnotiq115

well since its only less than a week away, i dont have much of a to do list:

~add the finishing touches to my Lulu costume

~finalize plans with meeting up with ppl at the con

~finalize plans with the ppl commin over n spending the night

~pay my car bill, so i kno how much i'm takin to the con with me ^^0

~ask my friend if she can do my hair for the convention

seems so little, but there is sooo little time to do it in...i dunno if thats a good or bad thing ^^

AT this point, I need to do alot less than three weeks ago. It is down to:

-Reconfirming the Anime con runners Dinner numbers.

-Fit what I want to see around the TCG schedule I will get tomorrow or Tuesday.

-Get packed Wednesday night.

-Get up Thursday morning and go to work for four hours and get to the convention center by 3 PM.

My list is pretty simple from this point on :D

1. SLEEEP

2. Final preperations to my costumes.. (Hemming.. Cleaning up the edges... ect.)

3. Wash every ounce of clothes i have.. Im leaving from Otakon to go straight down to NC for the beach

4. Organize my group and make sure everyone paid for the hotel.

5. Get directions to my hotel... (Sense of direction does not even exist a bit in me)

6. Sleep some more (gonna be some long nights.. need to catch up on my sleep now)

7. Make a list of stuff my friends, who arent going, want.. (Get them doujins *sigh* (there perverts).. Get Yuri Lowenthal's signature.. ect.)

8. Stock up on my favorite types of pocky... much more cheaper to buy em in bulk than at the con :)

9. Pack

10. Drive to Otakon.. yay..

From that point on nothing gets planned.. its all spontaneous lol

Well, with less than a week away (*SQUEEEEEEEEEE!* *^ _ ^*):

1. Put finishing touches on cotumes (Put the frogs on the jacket, braid the wigs, do last minute checks)

2. Fix up my AMV for A-M-V.org release (which I'm STILL dreading opening up the timeline. :wub: )

3. Ready my digital camera for ACTION! :P (dump all the pics currently on it onto my comp, make sure its charged, etc)

4. Thursday night, make sure my phone and DS are charged and that I have everything I need in my DS case (which is what I'll be carrying around the con, since it's small, but still holds everything I need.)

5. Run around *SQUEEEEE*ing and driving my bf nuts. *^ _ ^*

6. ????

7. Profit

(I know, 'what, no sleep?' Pfft. Sleep is for the weak! *caffeine eye twitch*)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.