lain-duvet

Halo theme

metroid-kraid's theme

Pianist Here!

Repertoire:

Hikari (Simple and Clean) Kingdom Hearts - Utada Hikaru

Wind (Naruto) - Akeboshi

GO! a.k.a Fighting Dreamers (Naruto) - Flow

The Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop) - Yoko Kanno (Have to relearn it)

Sadness and Sorrow (Naruto)

Inuyasha End Themes (Also need to relearn)

I am a guitarist/bassist/drummer and plan on atleast going to club otaku at one point. Though i don't really know many anime songs. A few bleach songs but, i've never played any of them.

Let's see...it sounds so far like we have three people who could conceivably perform "Real Folk Blues."

If we can raise anyone else to do so, I'd also be totally down for "Rewrite," "Ride On Shooting Star" (shouldn't be too hard to learn), or any other song we can rock out with. Seriously, if we can get a singer / vocalist and can agree on just two or three songs then we'll tear the place down...

Edited by flaming_alchemist

I would be good with just some jamming. Set up a key, timing, and just play and have fun with it.

I'm interested in jamming with anyone that wants to play non-anime Japanese rock music, I can play most anything on guitar and drums, a little bass. Here's some bands that I'm into, hopefully someone else out there likes them and knows how to play some of their stuff:

The Back Horn

GO!GO!7188

Sparta Locals

Thee Michelle Gun Elephant/ROSSO/The Birthday

9mm Parabellum Bullet

The Pillows

Straightener

etc.

Let's see...it sounds so far like we have three people who could conceivably perform "Real Folk Blues."

If we can raise anyone else to do so, I'd also be totally down for "Rewrite," "Ride On Shooting Star" (shouldn't be too hard to learn), or any other song we can rock out with. Seriously, if we can get a singer / vocalist and can agree on just two or three songs then we'll tear the place down...

Edited by hedgehogey

I wanted to play Breath of the Sea by Daita, but I'd be waaay too scared and the tabs are impossible to find. Catch me at the guitar hero setup of course though. ;)

That being said, I'm glad people are interested in this. I'll definitely be enjoying the show. :P

I am a guitarist/bassist/drummer and plan on atleast going to club otaku at one point. Though i don't really know many anime songs. A few bleach songs but, i've never played any of them.

Eh, I'm also a vocalist...here's my song list :P

L'arc en Ciel - Link, Daybreak's Bell

Aluto - Michi to You All

KAT-TUN - I'll Be With You, Bokura no Machi de

Suneohair - Split, Waltz

and a bunch of others.

Vocal range is around KAT-TUN, Suneohair, and Aluto. Could probably do D-tecnolife :D

I Play Lefty Guitar, drums and I DJ on the ones and twos. Oldskool with Vinyl of coarse. CD's are fun sometimes too though. :D

I'm a classically and jazz trained vocalist and drummer. I play keys passingly and I mangle the guitar (don't think I'll be playing it at Otakon). But yeah, I would love to jam.

I can sing most of the popular songs by The Yellow Monkey, The Blue Hearts, and The Pillows. I can drum on anything.

Oh, I have also always wanted to sing "What's Up, People?" by Maximum the Hormone. I know the song by heart, if any guitarists/bassists/drummers out there want to meet up and play it. =0

Death note: what's up people

flcl-ride on shooting star

lain-duvet

If playing anime themes would be the tv version or the full version. I would be willing to drum The world (death note), Ride on shooting star (flcl), orange range (bleach).

As for non-anime songs, some good rock and roll is always fun. I espically know songs from rock band, since i play that a lot. This does need to get organized though.. this is such a good idea.

Can we have a giant sign at the door: "No 'Freebird' requests"?
Not even. Rage plays simple riffs but they do a lot of effects pedal squawking, bending, etc. What's up people is just open E and A strings then 3 2 or 232 on the A
Edited by SecondChild

Yo guys, this is Dom from Club Otaku here.

I'm PUMPED to see how much response we're getting. Also, count me in for real folk blues on keyboard. I love that song and could jam on it all day.

I play tons of videogame music, here's some of my stuff (this is just the stuff I can remember)

Banjo Kazooie

Mumbo's Hut

Treasure Trove Cove

Castle Music (Gruntilda's Theme)

Castlevania

Clock tower

Bloody tears

Cave Story

Main Theme (Plantation Theme)

Grasstown

Moonsong (sorta)

Chrono Cross

Unstolen jewel (or whatever it's really called)

Scars of time

((others? maybe?))

Chrono Trigger

Chrono's Theme

600 AD

Millenial Fair

The end of time

Speccio

The Trial

Sewers

Frog's Theme

Robo's Theme

Lucca's Theme

Magus's Theme

Battle Music

World Revolution (Lavos 2nd/last battle)

((lots more))

Ducktales

The moon

F-ZERO

Big blue

Final Fantasy IV

Main map theme

((Other battle/etc stuff.))

Final Fantasy VI

Airship (World Of Ruin)

Overworld Map (Terra's theme)

Figaro Castle

Main FF theme

Chocobo

Daryl's Theme (Sad Airship Song)

Boss Battle

((tons more, pretty much anything.))

Final Fantasy VII

Main Theme

Aeris

Tifa

Final Fantasy X

Zanarkand

Battle music

((other stuff))

Katamari Damacy

Main Theme

Katamaritaino (track #14)

Kirby's Dreamland

Both Smash Bros songs

Star Tropics - Main Theme

Legend of Zelda

Main Song

Gerudo Valley

Windmill

Saria's Song

Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening, gameboy)

The Song of Storms

Zelda II dungeon

((way more than I list here))

Mario

Original NES Theme

Mario 64 main level music

Mario 64 underwater music

Mario World main level

Mario world dungeon

Mario world end music

Mario 2 - Main Theme

Megaman

Storm Eagle

Dr. Wiley

Secret Of Mana

Opening

Sonic the Hedgehog

Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure)

Starlight Zone

Angel Island

Sonic 3 Level select

Spring yard zone

Icecap zone

Yoshi's Island

Main theme

Castle music

Cowboy Bebop

Real Folk Blues

lots of others

Lupin III

Castle cagliostro opening

Main theme

Seto No Hanayome, Opening

I'm a vocalist! I actually have a band that played at Manganext but back then I was awful, but I've improved a lot since then.

I love Jrock, and I love songs from Nana - my band has already covered Stay Away - laruku, Rewrite, Face (From Beck Anime), Haruka Kanata, Rose (from NANA), Glamorous sky (from NANA), Last dinosaur..

Hm, and others, I dunno.

I see that a few vocalists have collected but I'd still like to give it a shot!

Where we meeting and when exactly? Trade cell numbers?

my email is suushi@gmail.com you can reach me there for info 8D

Eh, I'm also a vocalist...here's my song list :P

L'arc en Ciel - Link, Daybreak's Bell

Aluto - Michi to You All

KAT-TUN - I'll Be With You, Bokura no Machi de

Suneohair - Split, Waltz

and a bunch of others.

Vocal range is around KAT-TUN, Suneohair, and Aluto. Could probably do D-tecnolife :D

Wow there's a lot of talent going to OTAKON! I had no idea!

I'm a 7-year guitarist and vocalist, decent keyboardist and sax player, and proficient enough on bass and drums. I'd love to jam if anyone's interested.

I'm with my entire band the whole weekend so definitely check us out!

Okay...I haven't been receiving alerts to this thread so I fell behind some.

I have a guitarist and a female vocalist for the time. I'm the drummer for this particular outfit but am willing to rawk out with any of you.

"What's Up People"...It's not as simple as it sounds but I will perform it with whomever wants to organize it.

"Ichirin no Hana"...can also do.

"Ride On Shooting Star"...YES!

"Rewrite"...YES!

Here's the deal. You want a drummer who is flexible enough to play any song, I'm your hookup. Name a time and I'll be there. Give me the songs you want to do on this thread and I'll be ready.

I even have a name for any group which may form out of this melange: TIGER BOMB! It's been something I've wanted to use for a long time now and this seems like a good enough occasion. :)

Who wants to organize?

I would like to let everyone know what I plan on learning/practicing for vocals. I'll also tell you which ones people told me they know/will learn.

any NANA songs ~ Got someone!

Moon on the water, Face, Follow me, Slip out from the BECK anime. Got someone for Moon on the water!

The Real Folk Blues because a lot of you seem to know it, and I've been wanting to learn it. Got someone!

Annnd Duvet. Got someone!

Stay Away by L'arc~en~ciel Don't got someone ^_^ Anyone?? Or wait, I think someone said they would...

Haruka Kanata ~ from Naruto Don't got someone!

Last Dinosaur ~ the pillows Got someone, I think!

Ichirin No Hana ~ especially if a male vocalist is up for it! Got someone? :( Need male vox!

Rewrite ~ :D Got someone!?

MY CELL: 1 631 312 8911

So, I've messaged a few of you but if any of you can learn it that would be great! I'm gonna PM this message to you guys so you all know for sure~

Looking forward to jamming with ya'll!

P.S

I have a lower voice, like Alto, but let me know if there's any songs I should learn!

xoxo ero

Edited by ero
I can't get Still Alive from Portal out of my head. Anyone interested in doing it?

HOLY CRAP YES. I already know the song, we actually do it occasionally with my band if we get a singer who knows the words.

I call keyboards. Who wants to sing?

Now I just need to get my friend to come and bring his talkbox to get the voice right... (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.)

-Dom

I can't get Still Alive from Portal out of my head. Anyone interested in doing it?

HOLY CRAP YES. I already know the song, we actually do it occasionally with my band if we get a singer who knows the words.

Now I just need to get my friend to come and bring his talkbox to get the voice right... (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.)

-Dom

-Dom

Edited by SecondChild

Bassist here, ima be checking out Club Otaku with my guitarist. Id be willing to jam with people. The songs I know are mostly from rockband.

Also does anyone know the drumming for some Metallica songs like Ride The Lightning? Was thinking we can form a metallica cover band during otakon with peeps here... ^^

Edited by Gamblor
Bassist here, ima be checking out Club Otaku with my guitarist. Id be willing to jam with people. The songs I know are mostly from rockband.

Also does anyone know the drumming for some Metallica songs like Ride The Lightning? Was thinking we can form a metallica cover band during otakon with peeps here... ^^

Why am I not receiving alerts to this thread being updated? :D

I'm the drummer unless someone is desperate for a bass player.

So far I know six songs me and at least two other people wanted to do:

* Haruka Kanata

* Rewrite

* Ichirin no Hana (full version???)

* Last Dinosaur

* Stay Away

* Real Folk Blues

I'm a bit worried about 'Hana and 'Blues because they're not as straightforward as the others. I guess I just want to be sure everyone playing those songs knows the actual chords and such (let's face it: Yoko Kanno has a bent for jazz).

Anywho,...who is willing to meet on Thursday so we know who is "serious" about performing? ;)

Why am I not receiving alerts to this thread being updated? :)

I'm the drummer unless someone is desperate for a bass player.

So far I know six songs me and at least two other people wanted to do:

* Haruka Kanata

* Rewrite

* Ichirin no Hana (full version???)

* Last Dinosaur

* Stay Away

* Real Folk Blues

I'm a bit worried about 'Hana and 'Blues because they're not as straightforward as the others. I guess I just want to be sure everyone playing those songs knows the actual chords and such (let's face it: Yoko Kanno has a bent for jazz).

Anywho,...who is willing to meet on Thursday so we know who is "serious" about performing? :D

I can play with you guys as a bassist on these 2 songs:

Ride on Shooting Star

Stay Away

Also add: Haruka Kanata since it seems easy to pick up ^^

Edited by Gamblor

Definitely enjoyed your set Dom ha awesome improv on the mini-keys.

Loved playing Hikari (Simple & Clean), next year I hope I can get a guitar, bass, and drums in the room who know how to play the Rock Version of it. That would be sweet.

Went Sunday and saw the Mini Eletronica event. Was entertaining.

Pics:

Otakon 2008 - Sunday - Mini Live Dance/Electronica

18 Photos - Gordon

Awesome idea. I loved it. Hope to play next year. Cheers to you guys. I got to meet one of you sittin outside that room sat towards the end of the club seesion. Much respect :)

Awesome idea. I loved it. Hope to play next year. Cheers to you guys. I got to meet one of you sittin outside that room sat towards the end of the club seesion. Much respect :)

What did one of us look like? =P

What did one of us look like? =P

lol! haha yup thats you mang! My girl and I we sittin against the wall outside of the room. she was wearin a white dress, i was wearing a superman teeshirt. You almost fell over into uss shakin our hands. lol You were tellin me about how long you have been on your feet and magcon. Now I can place a face with Board name. sweet. kudos again brotha. Add me on myspace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.