Childhood shows you watched

Anyone recall their earliest favorite TV shows as a kid? I had a few but other then the animation cartoons that kept me happy and innocent I did watch a few live action stuff. At age 6 my sister introduced me to a show that ran as re-runs but it was called The Monkees. Boy I thought that show was awesome. I had a big crush on davvy & Mike. Mostly Mike cause he was so tall & wore hats. But the songs where awesome I thought. I recently came across Daydream Believer and my heart warmed. I remembered a moment in my life when it was good to be a kid.

*Sigh* Then I came across " The Bots Master" anyone recall that 90's cartoon?

Micky Dolenz was the best Monkee. Hands down. :D

I remember loving "The Electric Company" as a kid. That's probably the earliest show that I remember being my favorite. I DO remember watching Sesame Street as well but I don't remember if it was a favorite or if I just enjoyed it because.. well.. what kid doesn't like Sesame St.. seriously..

I remember that I used to love watching "Tom and Jerry" reruns as well. They were pretty much a staple morning cartoon around the house. ^^ That would probably have been my first favorite animated show.. followed by GI Joe and then probably Voltron.

At the time, my favorite Monkee was Davy, but these days I think they're all pretty cool. ^-^b

I remember watching and loving The Electric Company when it first came out. However, when I bought the DVD set this year, my kids weren't too terribly impressed. Go figure, eh.

Then there was this show called Speed Racer...

I've always been heavily into music, so even most of my earliest favorites involved music:

The Monkees (of course)

Laugh-In (and it's Spring season replacement: Hee Haw)

The Partridge Family

The Brady Bunch (I'm really dating myself here. Aren't I? :D )

Josie and the Pussycats

The Archies

The Groovy Goolies

Oh, and there was a variety show called "Rollin'" that was hosted by this rock singer, named Kenny Rodgers, and his band The First Addition.

peace

Hmm, childhood shows I watched, let's see... Other than Sesame Street, I distinctly remember watching The Muppets, Mister Rogers, Reading Rainbow, Punky Brewster & Today's Special.

Now who remembers Today's Special? I swear that's where the idea for the Mannequin movies came from...

As far as cartoons were concerned, I watched plenty of Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry & Disney. I also watched Masters of the Universe, Rainbow Brite, & several others I can't remember at the moment. I remember the beginnings of the Disney afternoon better, Duck Tales, Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin...

I was a totally an 80s child, can't you tell? :lol:

Cartoons/Anime/Kiddie shows

Jem and the Holograms

Transformers

Voltron

GI Joe

Beverly Hills Teens

My Little Pony

Rainbow Brite

USA Cartoon Express

The Muppet Show (okay..maybe not that kiddie)

Fraggle Rock

Sesame Street

Kids Incorporated (up until 1989..after Fergie and Ryan Lambert left, it turned REALLY bad)

Campy Crap

Dynasty

21 Jump St

Swans Crossing

Old School Nick

you can't do that on television

Fifteen

Are you afraid of the dark

Salute your Shorts

Clarissa Explains it All

Legends of teh Hidden Temple

Double Dare

Nick Arcade

Pinweel

Today's Special

The Little Koala

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Sitcoms

Silver Spoons

Facts of Life

Punky Brewster

Out of this World

In a category of it's own: Good old WWF (NOT WWE) wrestling. Macho King Randy Savage FTW. XP

That's just some of them..I watched a lot of TV as a kid and this list could grow even looooonger....

Batman that starred Adam West and the other older Batman series (the type shown in those old Nickelodeon type cinemas) where Robin's hair looked like ice cream and the enemy was an Asian guy. It was followed by others like the Green Archer, Black Commando, etc. Superman with George Reeves was also a favorite. There was also Lost in Space and The Green Hornet. And I shouldn't forget the Tarzan series with Ron Ely.

Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, The Lucy Show (the one with Gale Gordon as Mr. Mooney. Ironically, I saw I Love Lucy in my late twenties, not when I was a kid), Dennis the Menace.

Of course, Onmitsu Kenshi (called "The Samurai" in the Philippines).

Then there was also The Outer Limits (the old ones) and the Twilight Zone and One Step Beyond.

Cartoons? There was Popeye (both the King Features Syndicate and the older one), Harvey Toons, Mighty Mouse, Gigantor.

The Muppets

The Great Space Coaster

3-2-1 Contact

The Electric Company

The Smurfs

The Snorks

I Love Lucy

The Three Stooges

What's Happening

Speed Racer

Knots Landing (I was 10 don't ask)

Spencer for Hire / Hunter (spin off)

The Equalizer

MacGyver

Jem

GI Joe

The Monkees

The French Chef ( I was fascinated by Julia Childs)

The New Zoo Revue

..... and Solid Gold

I did watch a lot of cartoons but the non animated stuff I did watch with my family are what sticks in my mind.

Hmm, childhood shows I watched, let's see... Other than Sesame Street, I distinctly remember watching The Muppets, Mister Rogers, Reading Rainbow, Punky Brewster & Today's Special.

Now who remembers Today's Special? I swear that's where the idea for the Mannequin movies came from...

:

Edited by Kappa Lizzy

I watched Today's Special and it forever creeped me out about mannequins wearing hats and purple jumpsuits...however, I was a big fan of Muffy the Mouse and Sam Crenshaw the store security guard...so I did find enjoyment from that. XD.

@Infamous MC- Did you watch Pete&Pete and Welcome Freshman too? I liked it because one of the characters had my name ^^;

All of these cartoons bring back so many memories..so many old VHS tapes, hehe.

My favs-

Inspector Gadget

Heathcliff

Tiny Toons

Muppet Babies

Smurfs

My Little Pony

He-man

TMNT

Gummi bears

Live-Action/other

Reboot

Secret life of Toys

Alice in wonderland(the disney series)

Eureka's Castle

The Elephant Show

Dinosaurs (I actually asked Santa for a tape of this once XD)

Under the Umbrella Tree

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Mmmmm, mid-80s Nickelodeon. It likely planted the otaku bug in me. Aside from the old anime already mentioned (Mysterious Cities of Gold, Little Koala, etc.) they also used to show a couple of the Unico movies. Which were based on the manga by a certain someone named Osamu Tezuka. :D

I had a conversation last week with a kid about ten years younger than me: "THEY HAD NICKELODEON IN THE 80s?!" I laughed so hard... and then felt old.

@Infamous MC- Did you watch Pete&Pete and Welcome Freshman too? I liked it because one of the characters had my name ^^;

I did watch Welcome Freshmen..it used come on right before (or maybe after) Fifteen (Nick's continuing high school drama made in Canada) lol. Pete and Pete were okay in shorts, but I never cared for the actual show. My TV basically was stuck on Nick back in the 80's and into the mid 90's. XD

AND OMG I can't believe I forgot to add the following to my list:

Muppet Babies

Count Duckula

Roundhouse

Finders Keepers

Ah shows that I've enjoyed as a child...

-Animorphs

-Ren and Stimpy

-Cat Dog

-Sailor Moon

-Mortal Combat: the animated series

-Vampire Savior *oh yes, my parents introduced it to me*

-The Original Rockman series

-Thundercats (WHOOOOAAAAA~~!)

-Johnny Quest (both the original and the new one)

-Speed Racer

-Dexters Labratory

-Rugrats

-Rocko's Modern Life

-Three's Company

-Tex Avery hour

-Animaniacs

-Tiny Toon Adventures

-Tom and Jerry Re-runs

Ah this list is getting too long for it's own good but :D thats a few i can remember

Ah shows that I've enjoyed as a child...

-Animorphs

-Ren and Stimpy

-Cat Dog

-Sailor Moon

-Mortal Combat: the animated series

-Vampire Savior *oh yes, my parents introduced it to me*

-The Original Rockman series

-Thundercats (WHOOOOAAAAA~~!)

-Johnny Quest (both the original and the new one)

-Speed Racer

-Dexters Labratory

-Rugrats

-Rocko's Modern Life

-Three's Company

-Tex Avery hour

-Animaniacs

-Tiny Toon Adventures

-Tom and Jerry Re-runs

Ah this list is getting too long for it's own good but :D thats a few i can remember

Edited by Champagon
I watched Today's Special and it forever creeped me out about mannequins wearing hats and purple jumpsuits...however, I was a big fan of Muffy the Mouse and Sam Crenshaw the store security guard...so I did find enjoyment from that. XD.

I was a big fan of Muffy the Mouse too! I used to love her apartment, for a mouse she had an awfully nice house didn't she? ^_^ Sam Crenshaw was cool too.

Anyways, many of you have reminded of so many shows I watched in my childhood so I shall add to my list:

Muppet Babies

Fraggle Rock

Dinosaurs

Smurfs

My Little Pony

Inspector Gadget

TMNT

Garfield & Friends

Rocko's Modern Life

Tiny Toon Adventures

Animaniacs / Pinky & the Brain

Out of This World

Small Wonder

Growing Pains

Facts Of Life

Perfect Strangers

Doogie Howser M.D.

Wonder Years

Saved By The Bell

Clarissa Explains It All

You Can't Do That On Television (the orgin of slime!)

Double Dare

Finders Keepers

GUTS

Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?

etc, etc, etc!!

Watched a lot of Nickelodeon growing up

Doug

Eurekas Castle

You Cant Do That On Television

Are You Afraid of the Dark

Hey Dude

Salute Your Shorts

Secret World of Alex Mack

Roundhouse

Adventures of Pete and Pete

Clarissa Explains It All

Wild and Crazy Kids

off the top of my head

I used to watch...

Voltron

Transformers

GI Joe

Astro Boy

Simba the Lion (?)

Fist of the North Star

Dragonball and Dragonball Z

Some transforming robot/cigerette lighter anime?????

I blame those anime for making me wear glasses currently lol.

Growing up in Hawaii, we had a lot of delay on shows. When I was little, I remember watching things like:

Tom Slick

Underdog

Electric Company

Sesame Street

Mighty Mouse

Merrie Melodies

I never liked Tom and Jerry, though.

And one of the things we watched on Saturdays was the reruns of the old Mouseketeers, when the show was two hours long and included segments of the Roy Rogers show, Flash Gordon, and Junior GIs.

We also watched Kikaida, Kamen Rider V3, Rainbowman, Go Ranger and a really dumb anime that was listed as "Honey Honey" but I believe was titled "Candy Candy" in Japanese.

Oh, and does anyone remember the Hair Bears?

Growing up in Hawaii, we had a lot of delay on shows. When I was little, I remember watching things like:

Tom Slick

Underdog

Electric Company

Sesame Street

Mighty Mouse

Merrie Melodies

I never liked Tom and Jerry, though.

And one of the things we watched on Saturdays was the reruns of the old Mouseketeers, when the show was two hours long and included segments of the Roy Rogers show, Flash Gordon, and Junior GIs.

We also watched Kikaida, Kamen Rider V3, Rainbowman, Go Ranger and a really dumb anime that was listed as "Honey Honey" but I believe was titled "Candy Candy" in Japanese.

Oh, and does anyone remember the Hair Bears?

Anyone recall Count Duckula? I LOVED that show. Plus MapleTown,Noozles & The Little koala which where actually anime.

Anyone recall Count Duckula? I LOVED that show. Plus MapleTown,Noozles & The Little koala which where actually anime.

Count Duckula was added to one of my lists on this thread...I actually have the theme song on my computer...

I know my childhood cartoons where all mentioned but wow to go back and youtube them brings back that lost joyful feeling. I came across the GI JOE movie clip where the hero was down and I started to tear up. Even though Duke NEVER died he originally was suppose to.

Come & Lets play together in the bright sunny weather.....

Yes your avatar is a SPC!! I know I recognized that kitty!!

I don't usually feel that old, but there's only a couple people here who haven't listed shows that I watched... with my children. :D

There are many many shows I remember from my childhood. Aside from the few mentioned above, some others were:

Batman (the same one mentioned above)

Nanny and the Professor

Dragnet

Adam 12

My Three Sons

The Flying Nun

Bonanza

Gilligan's Island

Scooby Doo (first run)

Aqua Boy

Johnny Quest (the original, where all foreigners spoke either ugabuga or tingtang)

Lost in Space

Outer Limits

Land of the Giants

Room 222

The Mod Squad

Mission Impossible

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

It Takes a Thief

Space 1999

Captain Kangaroo

Ultraman

Twilight Zone

Star Trek

Multiplication Rock

Romper Room

... And so on. Then in my teen years, they started syndicated TV and I watched most of them all over again ^_^

peace

Bobby's World

Scooby Doo

Ren & Stimpy

Captain Planet

Pound Puppies

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Muppet Babies

The Flinstones

Reboot

The Flintstone Kids

The Jetsons

Sesame Street

If there is anyone who actually remembers Dinosaucers, then you and me need to talk lol. Cause no one remembers it. ;)