I am posting this topic as a branch of the /index.php?showtopic=14148&hl=Dragonball">Dragon Ball Z movie at Otakon 08 thread.

I have read a few things in the post stated above that to be honest really make me mad. The following rant is for all you people who think the Otakon staff/Otakorp is not doing an AMAZING job with Otakon.

Those of you who think Otakon has a bad showing or mostly unknown bands of the Japanese mainstream besides l'arc en ciel of COURSE because Otakon is nothing if l'arc en ciel isn't there right??? well know this, if there are bands that you don't like or haven't heard of there are three things you can do, one find something else to do because Otakon is a huge event and there are PLENTY of things for you to do. Two, if you haven't heard of the band show up and listen to them. Who knows they might just be the most awesome thing you have ever heard. and last but not least, if you are that disappointed in a band you wanted not showing up you can always, NOT GO TO OTAKON! You otaku should be happy that any bands at all are showing up. The way the economy is now and the recent inflation in gas prices doesn't help the situation either.

Those of you who think Otakon/Otakorp aren't doing their jobs because a panel or event you wanted is not at Otakon this year or has been removed from the list need to rethink their position. First of all Otakon Staff/Otakorp do their absolute BEST in providing us with the best three days of the year every year. They devote Three Hundred and Sixty Two days (365-3=362 for you math whizzes out there) into working their normal jobs maintaining a livable life and MAKING OTAKON HAPPEN IN GENERAL. so when you say Otakon Staff/Otakorp aren't doing the job given to them, Here are two things that you can do. One, try and join Otakon Staff and do your best to make things better. Walk a mile in their shoes before you whine about how bad things are. Two..JUST DON'T GO!

Those of you who very selfishly think that Otakon Staff/Otakorp are pocketing the extra five bucks that EVERYONE

had to pay, there is a post that you should read before you open your mouths. There has been a post where in which it was posted EXACTLY where all the money goes. I suggest those of you who think Otakon Staff/Otakorp are stealing should do some research before you place blame. Otakon/Otakorp is a NON-PROFIT organization. and as such make no money for themselves. And even so Otakon Staff/Otakorp devote time and effort to make this the best and biggest event for those of you who show NO appreciation for what they have done. Now I say this to you naysayers who still don't believe that Otakon staff/Otakorp are not lining their pockets with your money. Even if a profit was being made they deserve every penny, and bonuses to boot. But no, this event is specifically for everyones pleasure. But if you don't agree with this I have one option for you. DON'T GO TO OTAKON, save your money and your pre-reg spot for someone who actually appreciates what the Otakon Staff/Otakorp are doing for US, their fellow Otaku.

-Champagon

Edited by Champagon
I am posting this topic as a branch of the /index.php?showtopic=14148&hl=Dragonball" target="_blank">Dragon Ball Z movie at Otakon 08 thread.

I have read a few things in the post stated above that to be honest really make me mad. The following rant is for all you people who think the Otakon staff/Otakorp is not doing an AMAZING job with Otakon.

Those of you who think Otakon has a bad showing or mostly unknown bands of the Japanese mainstream besides l'arc en ciel of COURSE because Otakon is nothing if l'arc en ciel isn't there right??? well know this, if there are bands that you don't like or haven't heard of there are three things you can do, one find something else to do because Otakon is a huge event and there are PLENTY of things for you to do. Two, if you haven't heard of the band show up and listen to them. Who knows they might just be the most awesome thing you have ever heard. and last but not least, if you are that disappointed in a band you wanted not showing up you can always, NOT GO TO OTAKON! You otaku should be happy that any bands at all are showing up. The way the economy is now and the recent inflation in gas prices doesn't help the situation either.

Those of you who think Otakon/Otakorp aren't doing their jobs because a panel or event you wanted is not at Otakon this year or has been removed from the list need to rethink their position. First of all Otakon Staff/Otakorp do their absolute BEST in providing us with the best three days of the year every year. They devote Three Hundred and Sixty Two days (365-3=362 for you math whizzes out there) into working their normal jobs maintaining a livable life and MAKING OTAKON HAPPEN IN GENERAL. so when you say Otakon Staff/Otakorp aren't doing the job given to them, Here are two things that you can do. One, try and join Otakon Staff and do your best to make things better. Walk a mile in their shoes before you whine about how bad things are. Two..JUST DON'T GO!

Those of you who very selfishly think that Otakon Staff/Otakorp are pocketing the extra five bucks that EVERYONE

had to pay, there is a post that you should read before you open your mouths. There has been a post where in which it was posted EXACTLY where all the money goes. I suggest those of you who think Otakon Staff/Otakorp are stealing should do some research before you place blame. Otakon/Otakorp is a NON-PROFIT organization. and as such make no money for themselves. And even so Otakon Staff/Otakorp devote time and effort to make this the best and biggest event for those of you who show NO appreciation for what they have done. Now I say this to you naysayers who still don't believe that Otakon staff/Otakorp are not lining their pockets with your money. Even if a profit was being made they deserve every penny, and bonuses to boot. But no, this event is specifically for everyones pleasure. But if you don't agree with this I have one option for you. DON'T GO TO OTAKON, save your money and your pre-reg spot for someone who actually appreciates what the Otakon Staff/Otakorp are doing for US, their fellow Otaku.

-Champagon

I concur....you don't like Otakon then don't go. Don't blame the staff that works (mind you WITHOUT PAY...I believe Otakon is made up completely of volunteers) their butts off, aside from having to work their OTHER, PAYING JOB, to bring you the funnest events you can imagine and all you can do is complain. Shame on you people. As Champagon has stated, if you don't like it, then go somewhere else.

Seconded. If the Otakon doesn't offer what you want, then don't waste your time and money. The 4chan folk that went ape after that contingent's panel was rejected should have known that by now.

Sounds good to me. If you're going to bawww because your individual desires weren't fulfilled by Otakon staff, don't come. It's possible to have a good time even if Otakon wasn't tailor made for your interests.

I agree with all of the above posts about the convention. If you don't like it just because it's not the guest that you hoped for, not the panels you hoped for, then just don't go. Others who will appreciate what is lined up for the convention will go to the con (I remember months ago, when I took my son to the local Game Stop and he was looking for a Gundam game, I mentioned SRW when I saw the SD Gundam one. The guy who was helping us started talking about SRW. When we were paying for the game, he continued talking to me about SRW, and I mentioned that I just liked the group that did the songs for the game. He then went, "Oh, JAM Project?" I nodded enthusiastically and told him about their performance at Otakon. He then started telling his co-workers about it, and said that he might as well go to Otakon to watch JAM Project).

Everything you said is true! If they dont like the bands....do something else....if their panel is not there....go to a diffrent one....heck stay in the dealers room....People just need something to complain about.

I am speaking as an attendee of this convention in between shifts of gofering. I get tired of the attitude presented in this thread (if you don't like it, then don't get). I don't like what you are presented, so I don't want to go is a wrong attitude to have. I don't prescribe to either school of fannish thought because a convention is to broaden your fannish tastes (especially Otakon).

Many fannish experts say that these two attitudes helped to kill the Science Fiction convention. Science Fiction fandom had a chance to keep Anime in it's realm, but lost it when Anime East, Fanime and especially Otakon happened. It has hurt literary Science Fiction cons because they don't have much young blood. I am afraid that as anime fandom gets older that we will start doing these things. Please remember this when you do posts like this.

Edited by tstidm1
I agree. But I think that they do get paid. o 3o;;

EVERYONE on Otakon staff is a volunteer. We don't get paid for anything we do for this convention. Our "payment" so to speak is the pride our staff has for putting on THE best convention out there. We do all of this for you to enjoy yourselves. We are a dedicated group of people who strive to make Otakon the best convention there is and we do not get paid once cent for what we do. :blink:

All the money we make goes back into the con. If you want to see a breakdown where the money goes, please visit the link below:

/index.php?showtopic=15024" target="_blank">http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=15024

Also...as for the thread is here, the positive feedback to our staff is always greatly appreciated. However we do respect constructive negative feedback..it helps us to improve what we do for the following year. We can not cater to everyone's taste..alas such is life. That is why we do many different things to diversify our convention to a broad audience.

Remember, we do this for you, not us. :P

I am speaking as an attendee of this convention in between shifts of gofering. I get tired of the attitude presented in this thread (if you don't like it, then don't get). I don't like what you are presented, so I don't want to go is a wrong attitude to have. I don't prescribe to either school of fannish thought because a convention is to broaden your fannish tastes (especially Otakon).

Many fannish experts say that these two attitudes helped to kill the Science Fiction convention. Science Fiction fandom had a chance to keep Anime in it's realm, but lost it when Anime East, Fanime and especially Otakon happened. It has hurt literary Science Fiction cons because they don't have much young blood. I am afraid that as anime fandom gets older that we will start doing these things. Please remember this when you do posts like this.

No offense meant to the original poster or anything, but do you realize the thread that inspired your rant is half-a-year old? o_O

I can understand the attitude annoying people. Really, no one likes whiners. The Otakon staff's responsibility is to make sure the con's a well-oiled machine and get guests that would make for an interesting and memorable con experience, not fulfilling every single request made. After all, if they did, Otakorp would probably go bankrupt or something.

However, I really disagree with the "put up or shut up" attitude your rant has (and that a few other posters have displayed). Without constructive feedback and criticism on what went right and wrong with each con, Otakon wouldn't have much to go on in order to improve. That sort of thing leads to stagnation, and stagnation bad. VERY bad.

I agree. But I think that they do get paid. o 3o;;

EVERYONE on Otakon staff is a volunteer. We don't get paid for anything we do for this convention. Our "payment" so to speak is the pride our staff has for putting on THE best convention out there. We do all of this for you to enjoy yourselves. We are a dedicated group of people who strive to make Otakon the best convention there is and we do not get paid once cent for what we do. :blink:

All the money we make goes back into the con. If you want to see a breakdown where the money goes, please visit the link below:

/index.php?showtopic=15024">http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=15024

Also...as for the thread is here, the positive feedback to our staff is always greatly appreciated. However we do respect constructive negative feedback..it helps us to improve what we do for the following year. We can not cater to everyone's taste..alas such is life. That is why we do many different things to diversify our convention to a broad audience.

Remember, we do this for you, not us. :P

As a note, every year the last panel on the schedule is Con Feedback. It's your chance to speak to several senior staffers, all in one room. Did something at-con make you fall in love all over again with anime? Did something else make you want to rip your hair out in frustration? Let us know - we're more than happy to listen, and we do, always, try to take suggestions from our membership to improve the following year. This year, the feedback panel will take place from 3-4pm on Sunday, in Panel 4 in the Ballroom.

If they're close-minded, there won't be any getting through to them. You cannot change a closed mind. If they're open-minded enough, fine, their horizons will be broadened; however, if their minds are so closed up to only those things that they like and they won't allow any room for something different, then the heck with them, they shouldn't go to a convention and keep complaining. There will always be others who will go because of the word of mouth that gets to them from those with open minds.

No offense meant to the original poster or anything, but do you realize the thread that inspired your rant is half-a-year old? o_O

I can understand the attitude annoying people. Really, no one likes whiners. The Otakon staff's responsibility is to make sure the con's a well-oiled machine and get guests that would make for an interesting and memorable con experience, not fulfilling every single request made. After all, if they did, Otakorp would probably go bankrupt or something.

However, I really disagree with the "put up or shut up" attitude your rant has (and that a few other posters have displayed). Without constructive feedback and criticism on what went right and wrong with each con, Otakon wouldn't have much to go on in order to improve. That sort of thing leads to stagnation, and stagnation bad. VERY bad.

I can understand constructive criticism about how to improve the con. But when a person takes their disappointment out on the hardworking, nonpaid, volunteer staff, just because they didnt get the band that person wanted. Well I wouldnt call that constructive.

If a person didn't see the band they wanted, all they have to do is request that their band comes next year. Continually whining about it will do nothing in the end. Saying the lines are too long and slow, or that some event was badly organized, or even that some merchants didnt have what they were looking for and an anime some people wanted to see didnt play, or that some of the staff was rude to some con-goers. That's constructive criticism.

I think his point was to say....if you can't put your complaints to good use (constructive criticism) then don't complain. If you really don't like the con because they didn't get your band, well, noones forcing you to come.

As MC has stated in this thread, we appreciate feedback and constructive criticism be it positive or sometimes negative to help us improve. We all work very hard on staff and like to do our best to make it the best con it can be. And yes, we do this voluntarily with absolutely no pay whatsoever.

If someone complains/ is frustrated that we didn't get a particular guest or anime they want, it might be a more positive action to encourage them to partake in the many other things the con has to offer. There's SO much to do at Otakon that's a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, there will be times when someone gets frustrated because there wasn't the band they wanted, the anime they wanted shown, or that the Dealer's Room didn't have something they wanted, etc. etc., but its better to deal with this attitude in a positive manner than a negative one, as usually keeping things positive diffuses the situation better.

If they're close-minded, there won't be any getting through to them. You cannot change a closed mind. If they're open-minded enough, fine, their horizons will be broadened; however, if their minds are so closed up to only those things that they like and they won't allow any room for something different, then the heck with them, they shouldn't go to a convention and keep complaining. There will always be others who will go because of the word of mouth that gets to them from those with open minds.

Well said Champagon.

I think there is a huge difference between offering criticism of Otakon and whining that you didn't get your way. Just because you don't care about the guest does not mean others are not happy with the choice. Feel free to share your guest suggestions and who you would like to see, but bear in mind somebody has to be the disappointed one once the guests are announced.

The guy who started the dbz thread is actually a really close friend of mine....lol.

I USED to be really annoyed, but alas, I was young and stupid. I think a lot more logically now. I'm starting to think getting somebody like L'arc was a tremendous stroke of luck.

I know a lot of people complain about a lack of a big name band, but I've started to think of it from their end. I can't imagine that there's a ton of huge bands chomping at the bit to come all the way to America to play for a bunch of otaku (espeically knowing that otaku is generally a negative in mainstream Japan). If you're selling out stadiums why would you want to play a convention, it seems like it'd be a step down. To some extent, I think that would apply too to big name guests of any kind unless they're very intricately linked to the anime business. On top of that, there's a ton of tape to go through and negotiations before anybody would even think of coming. Simply put, a lot of who we'd want to come might just flat out not WANT to come. I know a lot of people say that AX regularly gets bigger guests too...and think about that...AX is in California. The flight to AX is not nearly as long and costly as flying to Baltimore.

So all in all, I think they do a pretty good job, all things considered. Inevitably every year I run into a staffer who's either inept, a jerk, or both, but in a group of a few hundred, you can't expect every single person to be perfect, or just not having a bad day. Nobody's perfect.

Inevitably every year I run into a staffer who's either inept, a jerk, or both, but in a group of a few hundred, you can't expect every single person to be perfect, or just not having a bad day. Nobody's perfect.

If a staffer really upsets you, ask for his or her name or try to remember physical traits. At-con, you can visit the Info Desk to let us know; after the con, you can use the BBS or e-mail.

Similarly, if a staffer makes your day, let us know! There are awards given to staffers who go above and beyond, but we need to know about their heroic acts before we can reward them. ^_^

I agree with the posts that suggest postivity. I wasn't sure what the guest list was going to be this year, but I made sure to register anyway. For me, Otakon is a chance to get away from home, to catch up on all kinds of anime, manga, music and to meet with people of like interests. It's also a yearly pilgrimage and I'm happy to be going this year since I ended up working all weekend in 07' (which left me completely heartbroken).

I'm really thankful that everyone involved puts so much effort into this, and I believe it when they say that they do this for us. I was really grateful that L'Arc~en~Ciel performed (it was an amazing concert) and that they got Yoshiki Hayashi of X-Japan to come for a panel and two autograph sessions in 2006. It makes me think, "Wow, what will they do next?!" and keep me coming back year after year.

Just keep an open mind, check out panels that seem interesting, go to concerts even if you don't know who the band is- you might end up enjoying it. Basically, enjoy the experience...3 days out of the year you get to go to an amazing city and bask in the fandom. ^_^

Yeah, it's funny, because I brought up Otakon on the board for another convention I attend and a lot of people said things like "Oh, they don't have x guest or y guest that I'm interested in"...

The first two years I attended Otakon, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that there WERE guests!

For me, Otakon is about gathering together with 22,000 (give or take) other people who all share my interests. It's about reveling in our collective fandom. It's a celebration of our geekiness. It's a vacation from normality.

I remember my first Otakon, 2005, and just before the masquerade they had a Kumiko Kato concert. I didn't know who she was, or even really care for her music all that much (not that she was bad, I just prefer extremely dark and angsty music), but people starting waving their cell phones, DSs, and other electronic devices back and forth in lieu of lighters. Seeing so many lights moving back in forth together reminded me of how many of us were there at the time, all gathered together to celebrate our shared interests. Interests that at one time (and I suppose still, but to a lesser extent) marked us as outcasts. I was overcome by a wave of emotion, something akin to the feeling of "coming home". I've never missed an Otakon since.

But that's just me. =)

This is the way I've always viewed going to Otakon personally.

If there's a guest I totally adore and want to see, that's like icing on the cake and it makes me extra happy. I do not, however, plan my attendance around if there is a guest I want to see or not because Otakon offers so many things to do and the experience in general is awesome.

There were years I didn't even go to any guest type things (well, I'm totally mad at myself for missing Larc because I got into them a month AFTER the con), sometimes I'd go see one guest thing, but I'd never banked my whole weekend on it because there was always other things I really wanted to do more.

I do not think that criticisms should be taken as a bad thing or personal attacks on the convention itself. They should be viewed as something that can be of use to the convention as a whole, because opinions, either good or bad should be taken and be used to help make each year better than the last.

I do not think that criticisms should be taken as a bad thing or personal attacks on the convention itself. They should be viewed as something that can be of use to the convention as a whole, because opinions, either good or bad should be taken and be used to help make each year better than the last.

I go to con for guests. It's my #1 agenda. :unsure:

But if I don't care for the guests, I just won't go. :) I realize it's not something that people have control over unless you are running the con yourself and handling the contacts, etc.

I go to Otakon for more than just guests, however.

I realize also a lot of people go to Otakon almost ritually (like me) and for most people they can attend only so many cons each year. It would be a downer if you "had" to go to Otakon anyways and none of the guests interested you. Still I probably won't whine about it. And if I do I definitely won't do it here... at least I hope so.

But with people like Jim in charge I think he's looking out for some of the stuff I like anyways \o/

The first two years I attended Otakon, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that there WERE guests!

Very good point. Otakon's guests to me are a lot like a free toy in my favorite box of cereal. I'm going to buy the cereal no matter what, if the toy is awesome that's an added bonus. If It sucks, I still got a box of cereal.

Edited by Otaku Ru

A lot of the issues with criticism just comes down to presentation. For example:

"These guests suck, so I'm not going." - This criticism is virtually worthless except for showing that one person has no interest in the guests. There is no attempt to state other preferred guests, and no attempt to understand the processes through which guests are brought to the convention. There is also no attempt to establish a dialog, which results in nothing changing, and no opportunity to make things better.

"I really wish we could've had so-and-so as a guest this year. What can be done to try to have them attend as a guest next year?" - This is a much superior presentation of the above criticism. It makes it clear what the author wants, and shows the author is willing to understand how things work and is willing to help improve them.

After all, Otakon really is "by fans, for fans". If having certain guests is really important to you, consider joining the staff and working with the guest relations department to make it happen.

Shock of shocks -- I agree that Otakon isn't just about the guests, or the industry premiers, or the panel content, or the workshops, or the dealer's room, or the videos, or the art halls, or....

One of our founders is fond of saying that the con should be like a picnic where everybody brings something. Ever go to a cookout where they only have hotdogs? BORING. But you'd miss it if they didn't have *any* hot dogs, and you don't really want the cheap crappy ones either. Especially when you've paid a decent price to go to the picnic, you expect the quality stuff.

See, we really think of Otakon like that. So the guy making the potato salad makes it using his mom's recipe, uses the GOOD mayo and the right kind of mustard, makes the best damned potato salad he knows how to make. We pull fresh local corn and tomatoes The cookies are homemade by half a dozen talented bakers. The hamburgers are *real* beef, and the hot dogs are Nathan's or Hebrew National, and we throw in some quality sausages, and occasionally we spring for some really *good* marinated chicken. Once or twice, we spring for ribs.

And yeah, that means that sometimes the corn didn't look good or they were out of the best brand of hot dogs. And it means that if you're a Nathans fan and we got Hebrew National that year, you're going to be a bit disappointed in the meat selection.

But unless your ONLY reason was to eat a Nathans's, you can still have fun at the picnic, try something new and decide that perhaps you really do like potato salad, you just hadn't tasted the right kind yet.

Shock of shocks -- I agree that Otakon isn't just about the guests, or the industry premiers, or the panel content, or the workshops, or the dealer's room, or the videos, or the art halls, or....

One of our founders is fond of saying that the con should be like a picnic where everybody brings something. Ever go to a cookout where they only have hotdogs? BORING. But you'd miss it if they didn't have *any* hot dogs, and you don't really want the cheap crappy ones either. Especially when you've paid a decent price to go to the picnic, you expect the quality stuff.

See, we really think of Otakon like that. So the guy making the potato salad makes it using his mom's recipe, uses the GOOD mayo and the right kind of mustard, makes the best damned potato salad he knows how to make. We pull fresh local corn and tomatoes The cookies are homemade by half a dozen talented bakers. The hamburgers are *real* beef, and the hot dogs are Nathan's or Hebrew National, and we throw in some quality sausages, and occasionally we spring for some really *good* marinated chicken. Once or twice, we spring for ribs.

And yeah, that means that sometimes the corn didn't look good or they were out of the best brand of hot dogs. And it means that if you're a Nathans fan and we got Hebrew National that year, you're going to be a bit disappointed in the meat selection.

But unless your ONLY reason was to eat a Nathans's, you can still have fun at the picnic, try something new and decide that perhaps you really do like potato salad, you just hadn't tasted the right kind yet.

That was very well said Jim. I agree with you 110%

Yeah, I'm actually sick and I was hungry. And that really is a metaphor we've used to describe the con -- Bill has used it for years to very good effect. But I'm an English major at heart, and if you give me a good metaphor, I'm going to run with it. :D

If you're wondering, I ended up making broccollini. That's linguine with olive oil, butter, garlic, steamed broccoli, and Parmesan cheese. The garlic is very good for the cold.

Yeah, I'm actually sick and I was hungry. And that really is a metaphor we've used to describe the con -- Bill has used it for years to very good effect. But I'm an English major at heart, and if you give me a good metaphor, I'm going to run with it. :D

If you're wondering, I ended up making broccollini. That's linguine with olive oil, butter, garlic, steamed broccoli, and Parmesan cheese. The garlic is very good for the cold.

I also understood the metaphor, I also totally agree with ya Jim. I hate to see people constantly complaining about Otakon, if they have problems with Otakon, post it where Otakon staff can see it so they can fix the problems that people are complaining about. If they don't want to do that, they shouldn't keep coming to Otakon then in my honest opinion. Like what Jim and others have constantly said, Otakon is a for fan, by fan convention, the staff is always open to reading constructive criticisms (both positive and negative) about the con. I totally love Otakon, it's been a great hometown con for me since 2001, I've had great fun going and have great fun being a gofer and a TCG. I absolutely have no complaints currently about Otakon, to all Otakon staff, you are doing a excellent and commendable job with running Otakon every year here in Baltimore and I hope Otakon will remain in Baltimore for the foreseeable future.

Mmmm... broccollini, first I've heard of this, but it sounds good, I'm actually thinking about asking my mother to help me make this (I'm trying to learn how to make food dishes and my mother has been the cook of the house for the longest time.)

And for what it's worth, the staff put money into attending each year, so we're paying as much or more than the members do to attend a convention that we're working at.

and yes, we really want as much critiquing as possible. It helps us to improve.

Even if Otakon brought Jack Thompson, Al Kahn, William Hung, Man-Faye, and Sailor Bubba as guests, I'd still go because it was Otakon.

That said, I shudder at the thought of such an event.

I went to Otakon 2004 for L'Arc en Ciel only.

The concert aside, I branched out and found out that I loved everything about Otakon. Even the lines!

I went again because I loved it so much.. and in 2005, I met the man I'd fall in love with for the rest of my life in BWI as I was heading home.

And now here I am, going to Otakon 2008 (5th year yeah!), with the same guy, and not planning what I'm going to do (sans JAM and the Gundam stuff). It's become a vacation for me, a chance to kick back, relax, and not have to do con-staffing or 100 panels like I have to back home.

Last year I found myself watching the DBZ uncut block. I could've done that back home on the couch. But I went, and had a blast!

I agree with the challenge to go to Otakon and do something different. As anime fans, we already think outside of the box. People who complain should do the same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.