Plans for friday...the morning of?

Well I'mjust really wanting to know what everyone one is doing that friday morning...like are you getting up at 4 in the morningto wait in line....or will you already have your badge and walking in at 10...or are you just going to go with the flow?

My moring is going to go like this...hopfully.

Wake up at 4am

eat/shower

Perpare everything

Get to bcc at about 5:30-6

wait in line with friends

go in and enjoy otakon!!!

I know you may think i'm crazy for getting up this early but I love it!

oh...also any places around the bcc that offer breakfast?

I know i am picking up my badge Thursday night, so i don't have to wait in line Friday morning. I don't really like lines so i try to avoid really really long ones. Also i live in Pittsburgh so trying to get in front of the BCC at 5 in the morning means no sleep for me Thursday night, and a really miserable and tired Friday. No thanks.

I know i am picking up my badge Thursday night, so i don't have to wait in line Friday morning. I don't really like lines so i try to avoid really really long ones. Also i live in Pittsburgh so trying to get in front of the BCC at 5 in the morning means no sleep for me Thursday night, and a really miserable and tired Friday. No thanks.

I'm picking up my badge thursday night so I'll probably just walk around with my crowd of friends and just go with the flow. We'll be like a big pack xD

WE might go out front with our boombox though and entertain people in line with our dance moves like parapara lucky star and hare hare yukai. :blink:

Guest RPGuy_AD

It'll be the usual con routine for me.

-Wake up at 6:30

-Poke friends with stick until they wake up (one of 'em is a brown belt in karate... I won't even TRY to nudge him after last time x_x)

-Shower

-Wait for friends to shower, update site

-lock up notebook, grab my equipment bag

-Eat breakfast

-Take 9AM shuttle to convention

...nothing exciting, but it beats rushing out at the last minute. :blink:

wake up at 7 a.m double check all is well with my cosplay..........check AGAIN that all is well with my cosplay. have a quick snack then on the way to the con check my cosplay again during the walk :blink:

I plan to get up at the Mount Vernon Hotel around 6:30 AM, shower, dress, Check out (I recheck in the same day) and get Breakfast before a probable 8 AM Gofer shift.

Wake up, get ready, get caffeine/breakfast, start staffing.

Lather, rinse, repeat for following days. XD

Alarm goes off 6:00am. I hit snooze. This goes onto about 7:00am. j/k j/k

6:00am - Fold up bed, shower, light breakfast, load bag with bottled water, walk 200 yards to entrance

6:45am - prime camera, sunlight should be diffused, take photos of fresh cosplayers in line. (plans depending on AJ's team setup)

10:00am - Sync with team, rotate pics, upload first prime batch. Post first blood photo post on multiple forums.

10:30am - Review new plans and continue collecting photos. for the rest of the day.

6:00pm - If (Singles_plan_exec) {Recharge_batteries; Setup_photo_display; Support_Singles;} else {Prep_rave;}

8:00pm - Prep_rave;

9:00pm - Rave;

2:00am - Upload(Day_1); Syndicate_posts;

• Wake up, usually around 6am or earlier. Darn internal alarm clock set way, way too early.
  • Hit hotel gym for a bit.
  • Shower, grab some breakfast, watch some news.
  • Wake everyone else in the process of getting into my costume.
  • Enjoy con...

Turn off alarm set for 6am, rollover,go back to sleep.

Repeat at 6:30.

At 7:00am, finally drag lazy butt out of bed.

Scramble for shower time with 9 other room mates.

Eat breakfast.

Walk down the street and into convention at 8. :)

Well, my schedule for both Friday & Saturday morning generally goes...

Wake up about 6-6:30am, drink a Pepsi, take a shower & get ready to work the con. Walk about 2 blocks to the BCC, thru the main doors & up the stairway around 8am for my shift at Registration Friday morning. Down to the D.R. for my shift at the Merchandise Table Saturday morning.

I've usually been the 1st one awake in the morning every Otakon somehow. I like being either the 1st or 2nd one in the shower, leaves me time to eat before I head to the BCC.

this year i wasnt able to pick up my badge on thursday so....

- leave my house in washington, dc about 6 am

- take the: bus, train, another bus, another train to baltimore.... and sleep on all of these

- go to the hotel and see if i can leave my stuff there [they usually let you]

- change into my cosplay

- go to the bank and withdraw as much money as possible [... and possibly go to the bank in cosplay :)]

- get some breakfast somewhere [probably dunkin donuts]

- meet friends

- stand in line to get badge [grrrrrrrrr to this one, since i always get my badge on thurs. oh well....... i'll bring my nintendo DS]

It's the same every year:

1) Wake up at 1 AM.

2) Brush up, pack my things into the car.

3) Call everyone and pick them up.

4) Leave home at 3 AM, drive there by 8 AM.

5) Eat breakfast at the hotel.

6) Put on the costume.

1) Wake up around 4:30 (For no other reason than that's when I usually wake up.)

2) Grab a shower.

3) Play with my 'puter while waiting for friend to wake up. (Take a last look at the schedule to see what I want to see that day.)

4) Make sure all my gear is ready. (Sketchbook, Camera, Snacks, etc...)

5) Get breakfast.

6) Stroll into the BCC at our leisure since we'll have our badges already.

1) Wake Up (before everyone else in my party, I am like a kid on xmas morning, waiting for the grown ups to get up so we can open presents :) cause I get so excited I can't even sleep !)

2) Go through the schedule again (still waiting for people to get up)

3) Everyone else in the party gets up. We take our various showers and other bodily cleaning events.

4) Mom orders Room Service Breakfast *oh I love having a mom thats an anime fan*

5) Start to get dressed

6) GO OFF TO OTAKON !

Let see......

Wake up at 2:30am. Brush, shower and shave.

3:15am.... Eat breakfest

3:30am.... Finishing dressing up for the day (already have the rest of my cloths packed in the bag a few days, before).

3:40am.... Go online to get any last minute info and email.

3:50am.... Make sure everything like toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, and the electric shaver are packed (I do that last). And having my train ticket on hand.

4:10am.... Take my laptop and suitcase, and head for the train station (Penn Staion, NY is only a few blocks away).

4:20am.... Make it to the station and read a newspaper while I'll wait for my train to come.

4:30am.... Train arrives. Get in. Once settled, I take my laptop out, plug it in, turn it on, put headphones on, and start watching anime during the trip.

7:30am.... Get ready to get off the train at the Baltimore Penn Station stop.

7:50am.... Catch the Light rail shuttle, and then transfer to another one.

8:00am.... Get off at the closest stop to my hotel.

8:05am.... Make it to my hotel. If my room is available, great! If not, I just tell them to store my bags.

8:25am.... Head off to the BCC and get on line to pick up my badge.:)

Edited by Daniel Perales

around 4 am - Get up, dressed, and ready

4:30 to 5 - Hop into the car to begin the drive to Baltimore; grab a bite to eat at Wawa or something on the way

6:30 to 7 - Grab parking

8:30 - Grab pass, meet up with partner, and go over panel stuff one last time.

10 - RHYTHM GAME PANEL FUN HAPPY TIME WOOOOO (There's nothing like Samba de Amigo to wake someone up in the morning)

Typical Friday Morning to start the con:

5:30 AM: Wake up

5:45 AM: Finally get out of bed

5:50 AM-6:10 AM: Shower

6:15 AM: Get back in my PJs

6:16 AM-7:00 AM: Go back to bed and sleep for 44 minutes

7:00 AM-7:15 AM: Wake up/Put on make up/do my hair/put on more deodorant/toss on the coffee maker/put on jewlery

7:15 AM- 7:20 AM Get dressed to work the con. (usually business casual)

7:20 AM-7:30 AM: Get coffee and drink 2 cups followed by a Sugar Free Red Bull/take meds

7:30 AM- 7:35 AM: Brush teeth/Swish Listerine in my mouth/put on lipstick/gloss

7:35 AM: Check mirror to make sure I look presentable.

7:36 AM - 7:46 AM: Grab my bag and staff badge and head to grab a quick bite to eat

7:46 AM: Pop a Trident White in my mouth and head to the BCC to start the looooooooong day.

Between all that: Check my Iphone for txt messages and emails.

7:35 AM: Check mirror to make sure I look fabulous.

Fixed. :D

As for me:

7:15: Alarm goes off.

7:30: Snooze alarm goes off. Shower.

7:45: Get dressed, gather all my junk for panels and head over to breakfast.

7:50: Hit breakfast in the face. Eat breakfast.

8:05: Good morning, BCC.

8:15: Good morning, Panel Ops.

8:45: Good morning, panelists and panels staff.

This year's going to be a wild card. I think I'm going to try and get up 6:30am or so, get my shower and do all the normal morning stuff. Wake up my friend who's coming, make sure she's all fed and happy and put stuff in the car. Give the car a final inspection to make sure it's suitable for the trip. Hopefully leave by 8am. Arrive in Baltimore about 9am (depends on traffic) and see if I can get lucky enough to get an early check-in at the hotel (I've always managed the past couple years, so fingers crossed!) then get in the pre-reg line hopefully no later than 9:30.

Even after seven years the morning rush is still a little thrill for me. :D

well ill already have my badge from the thursday prereg so ill be waking up probably around 7 (maybe a little earlier) to get my cosplay and everything together drive down takes like 10 minutes because of traffic, be there by 9 maybe earlier, ill have to leave the con at 12 to check in to my hotel go back to the con aftre and stay the whole day :D

1. Get up later than I would realy like because my wife keeps me in the bed.

2. Make coffee and drink said happy juice.

3. Get dressed in cosplay.

4. Wait while wife gets ready.

5. Go crazy as the time ticks by and I'm stuck in the hotel room, waiting.

6. Double check that we have everything

7. Head on over to the BBC.

Saturday is the same more or less.

Since I check in on Thursday, I'll already be unpacked and have my badge but with so many room mates (sharing two bathrooms) my Friday morning looks like this:

5:00: Wake up, hit snooze button twice

5:50 - 6:25: Shower, brush teeth, start process for costume (ie: strapping down and or proping up) :D

6:30 - 7:30: Crash for an hour

7:35 - 8:00: Grab breakfast and watch room mates scramble around

8:05 - 8:45: Don cosplay, do hair, apply make up

8:45 - 9:10: Try to get contacts in successfully and probably reapply make up

9:10 - 9:30: Double check: bag, schedule, meet up spots with other friends,etc.

Somewhere around 9:45 and 10:00 head out for con with the ones I'm hanging with for the day.

- Wake up at 5 or whenever we leave from Jersey Friday morning

- Eat a light breakfast on the way down, probably a bagel and some juice.

- Check into hotel.

- Wait until 11 or so to pick up badge from pre-reg line, usually nonexistent or very small at this point, though I'm bringing bottles of water or Gatorade just in case.

- Find a corner of the convention center to sit and start planning out panels and whatnot to attend.

- Start enjoying the con. ^_^

Mine's about the same as the last 4 years:

0200 - start loading the car/getting last minute stuff done.

0300 - hit the road (no later than 3am)

1200 - Arrive at the hotel

1210 - get in line to get my badge

1300 - get my badge

1305 - Take pictures of cosplayers while waiting for the dealer's room to open

1400 - convince the hotel personnel to let us check in early so I can drop off my stuff I bought and put on the costume (ikkaku)

I have an 8 hour 600 mile drive to get to Baltimore, hotel check in isn't until 1600

wake up at 30 mins before con opens.

put cosplay on

walk right in because i already have my badge ^_^

No cosplay, and first alarms will likely be 1-1.5 hours in advance to give time for prep, meal, and not waking up ... otherwise sounds like a good plan.

I'll be doing the usual con routine, which is:

- wake up at 6:45-7:00AM

- shower

- (will have bags/food/everything else in the car the day before so I don't have to do this early in the morning)

- eat a lite breakfast (cereal probably)

- get gas (if needed)

- hit the road

- hopefully get down to Baltimore by 8:30-9:30AM

- park

- get in line for my badge

- enjoy the con!

Wake up. Wake up my homies if they're not up.

Shower, eat breakfast. Talk with them about what we want to do today at con.

Get into my cosplay.

Get in his car, drive 5 minutes down the road to the GB Light Rail, park, hop light rail, get off at con.

Since everyone in my group will have done pre-reg this year, all we will need to do is wake up and go to the con. Two or three of us will need to take showers (assuming some of us will have taken one the night before) so they will have to wake up at 6:30 or so. That will probably be me, so I will shower, blow dry hair, straighten hair, dress, and then eat something that will sustain me until 1-2 in the afternoon. We try to leave for the con around 8 am, unless we are killing to see the first thing of the day. ;) We're just at the Radisson a couple blocks from the con center so we will be ontime for anyting 8:30 and later!

Edited by Samiki

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.