I need halp with my cosplay D:

So, I'm working on a cosplay of Walter C. Dornez from Hellsing, and I have a rather minor dilemma at the moment. I'm not entirely sure what to do about the monocle. I was thinking of taking a pair of glasses (that are no longer being used of course. I'd probably just buy one of those pairs of cheap pharmacy reading glasses) and chopping off... about half of the pair, so that it still stands on my face, but theres only one lens. Does that sound doable? Will it suffice for a Walter cosplay? I dunno @_@

Chopping a pair of reading glasses is probably the best bet, judging on the monocle he wears it looks like thats basically what it is (at least thats what i see on the internet i haven't actually ever seen hellsing). Try to find a round one (preferably without frames if possible). And then just attach a little necklace chain to it somehow. Probably soldering would work well. I would definitely spend some time on the monocle, it seems like a very big part of the costume. Good Luck!

Any store that has costume or theatrical supplies should have a monocle for a few dollars. Reading glasses might work if they're the right shape, but you'll HAVE TO POP THE LENS OUT! Also - a monocle is designed to sit on your face, where as half a pair of glasses is not. You may need to pick up some spirit gum and partially glue the frame to your face to get it to stick right.

Good luck