Baltimore Locals who like to party?

Heheh, I was wondering if there were any Baltimore locals going to Otakon that like to party after the con, but would have the convenience of a place to hang rather than a hotel room.

^^ Anyone? I'm from NY but I don't know anyone in Baltimore, so.

Heheh, I was wondering if there were any Baltimore locals going to Otakon that like to party after the con, but would have the convenience of a place to hang rather than a hotel room.

Most Baltimore natives, including myself, still get a hotel room since its easier than trying to drive/bus/walk home at 2am.

Yeah, from right outside of Batlimore. (Not getting a hotel. Drove in last year. Got tips from one of the parking garage employees, so we probably will keep driving in as long as we're here. (About a 10-20 min drive depending on traffic and about a 1-2 block walk, thanks to the advice of that one person. *^ _ ^*)) Most of our "partying" will probably be done in Baltimore at bars and stuff, though.

Lol, I don't know about the bars... :D Not really my scene, I guess... ESPECIALLY IN COSPLAY.

O.o'

That could just be BAD.

But, Friday night, I'm hitting Ascention... it's a goth club, but they're doing 'Otaku after Dark' for Otakon... Basically, show your badge, get $1 off. :D It's worth checking out, I suppose.

Saturday... Lol, it's still up for grabs...

What's there for a nice goth girl to do? :P

<3 Ai-Neko

Lol, I don't know about the bars... :D Not really my scene, I guess... ESPECIALLY IN COSPLAY.

O.o'

That could just be BAD.

But, Friday night, I'm hitting Ascention... it's a goth club, but they're doing 'Otaku after Dark' for Otakon... Basically, show your badge, get $1 off. :D It's worth checking out, I suppose.

<3 Ai-Neko

O.o'

That could just be BAD.

<3 Ai-Neko

So far the best con parties I've been too have been in hotel rooms, truthfully. However, I've never gotten a room for Otakon simply because I live 10 minutes away, and I'm blessed to have transportation to and from the con whenever I please.

When I do go out drinking, I try to avoid the Inner Harbor. I would rather go to The Depot and Club Charles on Charles Street, or go around Canton. The Della Rose's in the First Mariner Building in Canton is almost always empty, and I always have a good time there.

While I'm not a B-more resident, I am somewhat familiar with the area. I'm from Severn, about halfway between Baltimore and Annapolis. I WILL be going with a number of friends/coworkers who themselves do live in the city. I think the main hangout for the weekend will be at a house in Pigtown, right on the other side of the stadiums. Just a few-block walk. As far as bars go, I've always enjoyed going into Fell's Point, and have hit up Federal Hill a time or two.

However, I think the majority of any partying will be going on at the house. It's much easier to just buy a bunch of six or twelve-packs and hang out, playing poker, Rock Band, and somesuch. The night of the 8th holds a 2 Skinnee J's concert, which a bunch of people have expressed interest in going to... well, now that I've just checked the tour dates it seems that it's on the 6th. No matter, still a great time to be had in Pigtown!

While I'm not a B-more resident, I am somewhat familiar with the area. I'm from Severn, about halfway between Baltimore and Annapolis. I WILL be going with a number of friends/coworkers who themselves do live in the city. I think the main hangout for the weekend will be at a house in Pigtown, right on the other side of the stadiums. Just a few-block walk. As far as bars go, I've always enjoyed going into Fell's Point, and have hit up Federal Hill a time or two.

However, I think the majority of any partying will be going on at the house. It's much easier to just buy a bunch of six or twelve-packs and hang out, playing poker, Rock Band, and somesuch. The night of the 8th holds a 2 Skinnee J's concert, which a bunch of people have expressed interest in going to... well, now that I've just checked the tour dates it seems that it's on the 6th. No matter, still a great time to be had in Pigtown!

Is this an open session or just you and your friends? I'm tryin' to get out on the party tip as I live 10mins from the Inner Harbor and never went to any parties during my 4 year Con run. I'm tryin' to break that habit this year.

I also doubt people will post about any parties they are having (in a hotel) on a public forum such as this. Most of those kinds of things are word of mouth/friends only.

if anyone's having any hotel parties at the marriot that would be rad since it's only gonna be me and my friend :3

The Marriott has a no party policy, you won't find any parties there.

Edited by Confero
I also doubt people will post about any parties they are having (in a hotel) on a public forum such as this. Most of those kinds of things are word of mouth/friends only.

Yeap. My cousin and his crew got together with me and my crew last year and we had a Soul Caliber tournament. This year I might bring Rock Band along, if we can cram everything into the car. I dunno, it seems silly, but we always seem to find time for games back at the hotel. Still, don't want to be making a lot of noise, especially late at night.

Anyway, I'm a geek, so when I hear party, I think Mt. Dew and Dungeons and Dragons, not alcohol and streaking. So I think my kind of party is a little more hotel friendly.

Getting slightly off topic. In 2006 a kid came up to me late friday night, looked like he was on something. He asked me if I knew of any good parties going on. Being in the silly con-goer mood I was in, I told him "Sure! goto the Sheraton, 3rd floor, Room 328, knock 3 times, ask for Steve, tell em Ron sent you." Then I proceeded to watch him walk over and go into the hotel lol.

if anyone's having any hotel parties at the marriot that would be rad since it's only gonna be me and my friend :3

The Marriott has a no party policy, you won't find any parties there.

I forgot to add that i am also originally from New York. Brook to the LYN! (i was only like 11 so yea...)

but ya i am down for a party. i should be walking around. if you wanna locate me just send me a PM before the con so we can chill :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.