BWI Hotel Stayers

Guest Akatsuki-chan

Guest Akatsuki-chan

Hello all! I was just making this post to see how many other people wernt lucky enough to get a room downtown. Me and my friends are going to be staying at the Microtel in Lithcum and I was curious about how many fellow con goers id see out by the wilds of the airport.

Hey!!! My friends are I are staying there too!!!! We weren't lucky enough to get a hotel any closer :o Its nice to know that we'll have fellow Otakon attendees to chat with on Thursday night. Are you going to take the light rail into the city?

Edited by JeuneFille
Guest Akatsuki-chan

I think were going to be driving our van into the city and parking there. My friends a little paranoid about leaving it in a parking garage though so we might be taking the light rail I guess its all a matter of his paranoia at the time lol. Anyway im glad to hear that your going to be there too! I had to reserve us 2 rooms and I started looking for hotel rooms in the harbor in January but they were already gone *sigh* there is always next year. Third times a charm I guess. ^^

Most of the hotels that we looked at in Inner Harbor were way outside of the budget limit...so we settled for one that's not too far from the BCC. The hotel shuttle provides transportation within like 5 miles or so...the BCC is about 7ish miles away. Maybe next year we'll get lucky and get one closer. I was going to say, if you were taking the light rail in and out, if you ended up staying late one night we could always split the cost of a cab ride back :o

Guest Akatsuki-chan

True true we could always do that. Most of my firends want to go to the Rave so more likely then not we will be out late...hopefully not too late for my brains sake.

Oh yeah, Otakon attendees at BWI hotels! BWI hotels are nice and quiet, and I notice a number of really well-behaved Otakon attendees (some are even whole families! I remember riding with a family [mother, father, daughter] on the Marriott shuttle one night, since the daughter was going either to the Rave or to the Masquerade [? the cosplay event at night]) around those hotels...well, at least the Marriott ones, since I dealt with attendees who stayed at the different Marriott hotels. My son and I stayed at the Residence Inn last year, but this year we will be staying at the Towneplace Suites (after I heard the Marriott shuttle driver talk highly of it last year).

Guest Akatsuki-chan
Oh yeah, Otakon attendees at BWI hotels! BWI hotels are nice and quiet, and I notice a number of really well-behaved Otakon attendees (some are even whole families! I remember riding with a family [mother, father, daughter] on the Marriott shuttle one night, since the daughter was going either to the Rave or to the Masquerade [? the cosplay event at night]) around those hotels...well, at least the Marriott ones, since I dealt with attendees who stayed at the different Marriott hotels. My son and I stayed at the Residence Inn last year, but this year we will be staying at the Towneplace Suites (after I heard the Marriott shuttle driver talk highly of it last year).

For the past 5 years,my friends and I have stayed at the AmeriSuites, for this year, we made 2 reservations, one for the AmeriSuites and one for the Ramada at Inner Harbor. We decided that since we have 10 people going this year. Getting 2 suites at a cheaper rate and just riding the light rail in to Baltimore was alot more cost effective and roomy than getting 3-4 rooms at the Ramada.

Also, the service at the AmeriSuites is amazing, I know the light rail doesn't start till 10 or 11am on Sundays, so usually the shuttle driver will drop us off right at the convention center.

Also, the service at the AmeriSuites is amazing, I know the light rail doesn't start till 10 or 11am on Sundays, so usually the shuttle driver will drop us off right at the convention center.

my friend and i try to get a hotel in the inner harbor really early since the ending of 2007 of otakon till jan. of 2008.but they told us they don't make reversion till a couple of month till the date on when we want. And the next thing we know it all sold out withing a day.... So now we're staying at the air port hotel again...don't get me wrong it was great but i like it better to walk back to the hotel instead of taking the train... Not sure which hotel it be though..

My first year I was at the Sleep Inn across from North Linthicum. I enjoyed that hotel and have it as a backup plan if i don't get a room or crash space downtown.

but at lease there are hotels available now even if they are not close. I remember last year and i think this year some of my friend are still trying to find a hotel room... :( but i go to the rave and don't leave till um..1am so the closer the hotel the more i feel safer and less of a train ride.

Guest Akatsuki-chan

Thats the only things that sucks about it is that a lot of my friends want to go to the rave but thats not really my cup of tea. I need my sleep during cons so I dont feel like so much of a sleep deprived zombie on sunday.

i know what you mean about waking up, the rave is fun but waking up afterward is not. I think it was more than 5 alarm missed last year? I would try to sleep but i might end up staying up late fixing my costume.

Guest Akatsuki-chan

Yeah I know my boyfriend and I stayed up last year to style a wig and by the end of it were were reduced to sleep deprived giggling fools. I pretty much have a strict 8 am wake up time on friday and sat because I like to take my time with my costume and all that but everyone else since there all new to the game have no idea about time management.

i think my friend and we woke up at 11 or 12 the next morning... We uh didn't ,make our costume till the week of otakon so me and my friend was rushing to make and finish our costume before we went and ended up not going till 1 in the afternoon and missed almost everything we planned to see/do... The ride from the hotel all the way to BCC didn't help the time either... >.< I bet this year we are going to do the same thing...wait I'm still not finish with my 2nd costume yet *panic!*

Edited by kasai
Guest Akatsuki-chan

It seems like there never is enough time to do costume stuff. Ive been helping everyone with there stuff and have had barely any time to mess around with mine...thank god they are pretty much complete. Out of curiosity what are you planning on cosplaying.

Guest Akatsuki-chan

Ill be doing Deidara on friday and Aeris with my FFVII group on sat. Time slipped out of my fingers this summer but next con ill have different cosplays.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.