Old Skool Robot Anime with Voltron and Saber Rider coming to Otakon:

Guest VCIGuy

Guest VCIGuy

VCI Entertainment and World Events Productions will be giving out prizes as they discuss the past and future of the two classic 1980’s robot series Voltron: Defender of the Universe and Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs. Recently released on DVD from Media Blasters, Voltron now has a live action movie in development with producer Mark Gordon (Saving Private Ryan, Day After Tomorrow). VCI has a big announcement to make so don’t miss it!

Come by and see us Friday morning, August 8th, from 9-10am in Panel 3; the room seats 600 people so hurry and get your spot!

Make sure to visit the official myspace page and join today! www.myspace.com/saberriderdvd

I think I've been waiting 15 years for this, so I'll be there!

VCI Entertainment and World Events Productions will be giving out prizes as they discuss the past and future of the two classic 1980
Guest VCIGuy

That's awesome!! Tell all of your friends to be there...We are giving prizes away and showing some clips. Thanks for the reply and I will see you there.

Chris

I think I've been waiting 15 years for this, so I'll be there!

VCI Entertainment and World Events Productions will be giving out prizes as they discuss the past and future of the two classic 1980
Guest VCIGuy

Hey everyone... make sure you join the official Saber Rider myspace page...we will be updating it constantly with contest specials.

www.myspace.com/saberriderdvd

See you in panel 3

Chris

I watched Voltron as a kid before I knew what anime was. "Mega Thrusters a go!"... To panel 3 ^_^

I feel so old... I remember being a frequent viewer of Voltron and Saber Rider. I think I still have the "Car Wreck" version of Voltron in a box somewhere.

Edited by Fifthrate

Oh Voltron...how I miss the cry of "form blazing sword!"

I remember being so like "Wtf!" when I found out Sven totally died in the original version. The other "Sven" is actually his brother I think.

Kinda like DBZ. Can't admit someone died. Unless you're Robotech. Oh Roy Fokker... T.T

One day I hope of all the old skool we get one of the grandmommy's of shoujo - Rose of Versailles. Oh Lady Oscar you look like you're an awesome character!

Holy crap!!! I haven't seen Saber Rider in years!!!! RAMROD! **l**

Got the first DVD tins of Voltron and just waiting for the vehicles and the animated movie (both teams get together) to be released!

I am going to have such a bad 80's flashback I'll think I'm back in elementary school. :mad:

I will so be there. I have had a love for Voltron since i was 8 years old. Boy do i feel like an old otaku now. "Lets Go Voltron Force"

It is also awesome to see Saber Rider. I wasn't able to see to much of that series when i was younger. Maybe this will be my second chance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.