Looking for past Otakon photos for AnimeJutsu.com

Right now there is a surge of interest in Otakon.

I would like to ask for help with the site http://www.AnimeJutsu.com/ .

Anyone who has photos of past Otakons, please visit the site and post them to AnimeJutsu.com.

What this will do is:

- Start gathering Word of mouth and Search Engine attention.

- Help re-expose photos that didn't make it in the "golden time of posting"

- Help people start networking and making teams to cover events and panels. (With permission of course)

The "golden time of posting" in relation to cosplayer photos is the prime time of interest for Otakon photos. Generally, people are interested in photos before, during, and immediately after (only for 2 days) an event.

To get the most exposure of your pictures I highly recommend photographers:

- Post ASAP. When I mean ASAP, I mean in your hotel room.

- Make lots of links to your galleries in forums and blogs. Websites help a little, but not as much as Forums.

- Note that the highest traffic days for photos are: Thursday Night, Friday All Day Saturday All Day , Sunday All Day, Monday Morning (Extreme traffic) - Wednesday all Day.

-Speed is more important then Photoshop or Leveling. (Yes, I know some people are going to hate me, but the numbers don't lie.) Get your photos out and available and market them.

If you post your photos on AnimeJutsu, I promise to forward your photos on forums I usually go to. I can only do this if you post in a timely fashion. I get my posts out early, so the best thing to do is get your photos up earlier. Also, I will have source code up for anyone else to forward to any other forums they are a part of. Last year, my gallery alone got 52k+ (Over 52 thousand hits).

Also, I am giving out AnimeJutsu business cards for those who would like them.

More info on the front page of AnimeJutsu.com

-----------------------

Just in case if anyone is wondering, AnimeJutsu.com has a 2 Terabyte Bandwidth plan per month with Dreamhost. You would need 1813 people downloading every photo (5,000+?) to even come close. In English, the website can handle the traffic. Last year we did 32 gigs of traffic. We're very far away from the limit.

Edited by Gordon

Question: from what I read from your post, you need people who have photos from the ones before? Or is this a signup for potential photographers who will help animejutsu with this year's pictures? Am interested, would like a confirm.

Question: from what I read from your post, you need people who have photos from the ones before? Or is this a signup for potential photographers who will help animejutsu with this year's pictures? Am interested, would like a confirm.

Both actually. The previous years photos help build an interest towards the site for this year. When photographers show AnimeJutsu cards, cosplayers will recognize the logo and website.

This is part of a branding campaign to keep AnimeJutsu in front of people's minds instead of in back of it. An example of this is why Coke and Pepsi plaster their logos on everything, literally everything. Everyone already knows what Coke and Pepsi are, visual references keep Coke and Pepsi fresh in active conscious rather then in long term memory storage.

Please note that AnimeJutsu is looking for all levels of photographers, not just SLR folk. (I myself use a $30 camera)

• 1 month later...

As a note about posting photos, We have a digital camera, but we currently only own desktops. Not to mention the wi-fi access at hotels during Otakon is saturated with con members. Realistically, even if I had a laptop the photos wouldn't be uploaded till i got home, even if I took the time to sort out the photos and resize them at Otakon.

However, I will look at uplading our pictures from past Otakons (I missed this thread till now somehow)