I just graduated from a two year school and right now I don't plan on going back until I can afford it. So right now I am still job hunting and have been unsuccessful until today when I went for an interview at Dunkin Donuts. It will hold me over until I find something better, but I am sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

I just graduated from a two year school and right now I don't plan on going back until I can afford it. So right now I am still job hunting and have been unsuccessful until today when I went for an interview at Dunkin Donuts. It will hold me over until I find something better, but I am sure I'm not the only one in this situation.

Honestly, right now with the economy as it is, the best job/mostly likely job to find, is in fast food or grocery stores. People do need to eat...one thing they can't survive without. I was also looking for a summer job as my first job, sales at a clothing store, wasn't working as they barely had any hours to give due to low sales and I couldn't make my car payments. Thankfully I noticed that the local KFC was hiring...and now I have a job where I know I'll come in at least 3 times a week. =)

So yeah, while working at Burger King, Wendy's, KFC or whatever, may not exactly be what you really want, it is sure work.

I also suggest you try local pizza places that have delivery as that usually pays pretty nice and I'm always seeing signs for "Driver's Wanted" in the windows of pizza places. Heck, the Pizza Hut by my house said $15 an hour or something for delivery drivers. 0.o

Good luck!

Edited by SSPrincess

I'd certainly love to have a new job with better pay & hours myself. I haven't gotten a raise in over a year. They keep getting delayed due to labor costs, & I currently work in the fast food industry while going to school for that better job.

I see many people apply & get interviewed, maybe 5% are hired these days simply b/c sales are most definitely down from last year...

So I wish the best of luck to all of you seriously looking for a job right now, it's not as easy as it used to be with the economy the way it is. As sad as it may sound, it's the honest truth.

Edited by Shineigami02

Yeah funny you say that. I came across a job similar but it was in Korea for a year. I don't know if i could handle it for a year...maybe Japan. But yeah I haven't seen my girlfriend in three months and I am looking forward to being around her for a long time. I would consider going in the future though!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but I have found a job at Lifetouch. For those who don't know they are the largest school photography company in the United States. I'm sure if you went to a public school on the east coast you probably had them taking pictures of you. They reimburse for gas mileage and pay 11 an hour. The neat thing is I will have a different place to work each day.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the job!

Yeah it's hard to get something, but it's definitely easier if you have some sort of education/degree/certification. Anyone want to hire a self-taught computer techie, with experience in Linux, some HTML coding (by hand, the only way), and wired/wireless networking...? Lol.

I usually try to go to the small businesses rather than chains, they pay more and usually have much nicer employee policies, and more often than not will hold your job for you for the next summer. I'm lucky enough (or unlucky enough to need them) to have two jobs right now. And in a week or so I'm adding being a full time student to the list.