Otakon HD Theater

LOL! How did you get Tropic Thunder? That is awesome! XD

Now I'm debating if I wanna go to my Soul Eater gathering or go see the movie. XD

CT

LOL! How did you get Tropic Thunder? That is awesome! XD

The only thing I'm confused about is why do we have this film? I don't mind and I'll still go see it if I have the time, but I hear so much about stuff being not allowed at the con for not being Japanese Culture/Anime related and then a Hollywood movie that has nothing to my knowledge to do with Japan is getting an advance screening here.

It is a special screening of a movie that takes place before the convention begins. Also the screening is going to take place at Landmark Theater. The contests to win tickets will take place at the BCC during the thursday pre registration badge pickup.

Edited by ahreshef
It is a special screening of a movie that takes place before the convention begins. Also the screening is going to take place at Landmark Theater. The contests to win tickets will take place at the BCC during the thursday pre registration badge pickup.

Also just to add to Andrew's post, here are the basic directions to the theater from the BCC.

Just to clarify -- the screening is offsite, before the convention, at a nearby theatre.

It's just a little something special that was offered by our friends at Allied, whom we work with throughout the year to help promote films that are related to Asian culture, and who have in the past brought us things like the HERO premier. It doesn't have much to do with our core mission, perhaps, but it's a fun freebie and something to do before the con gets underway.

Just to clarify -- the screening is offsite, before the convention, at a nearby theatre.

It's just a little something special that was offered by our friends at Allied, whom we work with throughout the year to help promote films that are related to Asian culture, and who have in the past brought us things like the HERO premier. It doesn't have much to do with our core mission, perhaps, but it's a fun freebie and something to do before the con gets underway.

Are the passes on like a first-come-first-serve basis? Or what? And i am guessing this is on Thursday at 8:15? The promotion page didn't really clear it up for me.

Are the passes on like a first-come-first-serve basis? Or what? And i am guessing this is on Thursday at 8:15? The promotion page didn't really clear it up for me.

There will be mini-contests throughout the line on Thursday afternoon, run by staffers. The winners of these contests will be receiving the passes.

I wish I could go to this, but it is during Gofer Orientation or during my first shift of the weekend (possible TCG). I have heard this is a good film. I wonder what the rating is on the film.

The HD Theater offerings are great, but I have to admit I have no intrest in the Tropic Thunder movie...I've seen enough cinema movies for now. More later, because I'm going to the horse races.

According to commercials for Tropic Thunder, the rating is R.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.