Any advice for huge bulky costumes?

Hey, I'm coming to Otakon as Missing No., the famous glitch from the original Pokemon games. This essentially boils down to me in a cardboard box. Does anyone with experience in wearing huge costumes (Mecha, huge fluffy creatures, etc.) have any advice for me? I've never cosplayed as something physically large and cumbersome before. Should I only wear it for certain parts of the day then take it back to the hotel? If so, when's the best time to walk around in this badboy? Should I avoid tight spaces like the dealer's room altogether when I'm in costume? Shoudl I cut out only eyeholes or my whole face?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!!! :(

STAY AWAY FROM THE DEALER'S ROOM! I made that mistake at Anime Next. I will never make it again.

Stay out of tight places. If you have to be inside, stay out of panels, narrow hallways, etc. Also, I find it really, really, REALLY helpful to have a "handler" with me. In my case, my cousin. I can't see behind me or too far to my left or right in my cosplay. So he guides me around when I absolutely MUST be inside.

Having someone give you some help through tight spaces is always good. I've had to help a few people with large props before, otherwise they would have never made it through a throng of people.

i just came back from a con and i saw a girl cosplay Gir from Invader Zim... as she lifted her [cosplay] "head" so that she could see, she actually hit the girl behind her with her "head" (yes this happened in the dealers room) so if you're big and bulky be aware of ALL around you...

also PLEASE don't wear it to the otaku dance... it's a bad idea that will not only make you suffer but everyone around you as well >_<

like they said, have a handler - not just to lead you around, but to make sure no one messes with you. stay in the main rooms - tight spaces or the dealer's room will not only be impossible to navigate, but may damage your cosplay or something else. also, SMUGGLE IN A WATER BOTTLE - whether the con is air-conditioned or not, you WILL get dehydrated. wear it either one or two days, during the busy afternoon hours, but only for those few hours. you want people to see your creation, but you want to enjoy the con, too! hope i see you there - i'll be the oversized miroku with a camera. xp

like they said, have a handler - not just to lead you around, but to make sure no one messes with you. stay in the main rooms - tight spaces or the dealer's room will not only be impossible to navigate, but may damage your cosplay or something else. also, SMUGGLE IN A WATER BOTTLE - whether the con is air-conditioned or not, you WILL get dehydrated. wear it either one or two days, during the busy afternoon hours, but only for those few hours. you want people to see your creation, but you want to enjoy the con, too! hope i see you there - i'll be the oversized miroku with a camera. xp