Freakin' Crazy Weather

Anyone else getting this hell-on-earth weather? @_@ I'm an absolute nervous wreck because of all of these freakin' storms. Not to mention everyone keeps saying about how West Virginia has the worst chance of getting tornadoes today, and I just HAPPEN to be there.

Normally, I'd be fine. But seeing as this week is freakin' OTAKON, it would just be my luck for something really bad to happen today and completely ruin my chances of going to Baltimore. I've waited since March and of course something bad would happen just a few days before. x-x

Maybe I'm overreacting. I dunno. I know Chicago got it worse than we are. Probably.

Anyone else getting this hell-on-earth weather? @_@ I'm an absolute nervous wreck because of all of these freakin' storms. Not to mention everyone keeps saying about how West Virginia has the worst chance of getting tornadoes today, and I just HAPPEN to be there.

Normally, I'd be fine. But seeing as this week is freakin' OTAKON, it would just be my luck for something really bad to happen today and completely ruin my chances of going to Baltimore. I've waited since March and of course something bad would happen just a few days before. x-x

Maybe I'm overreacting. I dunno. I know Chicago got it worse than we are. Probably.

Well, it's not me taking myself, it's my dad. And if anything happens to the house, he'll refuse to go because he'll need all extra money to spend on repairing the house. I know him like that. And I have no one else to go with since none of my friends are going.

So, easily, if something gets damaged, Otakon is out the window. I live in the middle of a forest, so...even just having wind is a huge threat.

Well, it's not me taking myself, it's my dad. And if anything happens to the house, he'll refuse to go because he'll need all extra money to spend on repairing the house. I know him like that. And I have no one else to go with since none of my friends are going.

So, easily, if something gets damaged, Otakon is out the window. I live in the middle of a forest, so...even just having wind is a huge threat.

I live in Baltimore and I believe it was Saturday when Harford County got a Tornado warning. It was aired on tv which I rarely see. If global warming doesn't have anything to do with this I would be surprised.

The closest I've ever been to extreme weather here in Baltimore (besides the Storm of the Century in '93 and the mega blizzard of '96) was a few years ago during Hurricane Isabel. Around 11:30 at night, mom and I heard a huge thump (it shook the plates in the cabinet and the lights flickered).

When we looked outside with the flashlight, we saw that we'd lost our 100' tall oak tree. And it had fallen perfectly parallel to our house and the people who live on the next cul-de-sac over, in a space about 50' wide surrounded by houses. 100' tall tree falling down, and the only thing it took out was a few sections of our split-rail fence. Phew.

Heheheh I'm used to it. After living in Houston,TX for 26 years and dealing with that kind of crazy weather I laugh. Plus this global warming bites.

Yes, I blame stupid global warming. Grrrrr.

I just now discovered pictures. Go me.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/L_I...ce/DSCN0974.jpg

Right outside my window. I hadn't even noticed this tree had snapped until, like, a week after the storm. Weird...since it's RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW. Stupid me.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/L_I...ce/DSCN0906.jpg

One of the many poor neighbors.

Yes, I blame stupid global warming. Grrrrr.

I just now discovered pictures. Go me.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/L_I...ce/DSCN0974.jpg

Right outside my window. I hadn't even noticed this tree had snapped until, like, a week after the storm. Weird...since it's RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW. Stupid me.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/L_I...ce/DSCN0906.jpg

One of the many poor neighbors.