What time are you going to be in line?

Guest Hpnotiq115

Guest Hpnotiq115

Some people camp out, others wait till the last minute...either way, there always will to be a line for Otakon's pre-reg.

So what time do you plan on getting in line? before 5:00 pm? After 8:00 pm? Or somewhere in between?

Well, since my group's showing up on Friday, we're not going to be in the Thursday line at all. :P But on Friday... we're getting there around noon or so, so we hopefully won't have to deal with as huge a line as those who show up earlier in the day. Last time I went to Otakon, we showed up at noon and got through the prereg line within an hour (and that flew by pretty fast).

After we check in at our hotel and after we eat. Hard Rock Cafe.<333

Around nine, maybe? Possibly earlier.

I'll be there with my brother and my mom. xDD

I got there really late at night last year because there were tornado warnings in Connecticut and my flight was super delayed....but my friends and I are driving down this year so we'll be there in plenty of time. We wanted to drop our stuff at the hotel and grab dinner first and then get our badges. I want to make sure we have enough time to pick them up but I'm not sure when the line closes. Can anyone help me out with that? Thanks!

My bf and I are supposed to be going to dinner somewhere around 7, so we're probably going to just go around the 5-6 time frame and hope we're not there too long. (though I have the feeling we shouldn't be there any more than an hour. *^ _ ^*)

Prolly between 6 and 7 pm, but there may be storms then so it could be later. I don't plan to be waiting in any of the other lines just to get to the other areas (Gaming Hall, Dealers Room, etc.) because my itenerary has several panels and other activities planned.

Remember y'all, Otakorp discourages getting in line overnight or first thing. As a matter of fact, I saw a couple of people in front of the Conv. Ctr camping out this mornin just for the Otakon

IM going at 7:45 am O.< BEAT THAT CHUCK NORRIS >D

Please pack water and sunscreen so you don't collapse, if you're going early.

Also: Baltimore (even around the BCC) is not safe late at night; please make sure you have someplace to stay overnight. The BCC will still be there when you wake up rested and refreshed for another day of line-standing. :)

Dunno its my sis bday tomorrow so gotta get badge and come back then see help her go to the airport on friday morn before I go to ota might be mid afternoon

There are advantages to being a TCG including no wait in line for my badge. I will be helping out with Pre-Registration, though and have to be at the BCC by 3 PM tomorrow. :rolleyes: Don't know if that is an advantage or not. I will know more at about 10:30 Pm when I leave the convention center.

Edited by tstidm1

I'm showing up at 5-5:30. just because I have nothing better to do with my time, and I'm meeting up with some people at 7:20.

This sucks because I got scheduled to work tomorrow until late so I cant get there until friday :rolleyes:....Is there anyway to have someone else pick my registration up for me!!! HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol...or at least tell me that theres gonna be a seperate line for those who have pre-reged on friday

Edited by Boog21
This sucks because I got scheduled to work tomorrow until late so I cant get there until friday :rolleyes:....Is there anyway to have someone else pick my registration up for me!!! HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol...or at least tell me that theres gonna be a seperate line for those who have pre-reged on friday

Nobody can pick up your badge but you. However, the lines will be separate on Friday, at least as far as I know.

mm..my sister and friends and i are planning to get there around 4:30-ish

we simply have nothing better to do with our time

then we're gonna go grab dinner around the harbor after that :]

I should be at the con by 9:30am, but will try to get my hotel room first, and if successful after putting my bags in my room, i'll head over to the con and wait in-line with all the others who are already there.

I wonder which way the pre-reg. line will go this year: either around the side towards Camden Yards, or the other way towards Light Street. :ph34r:

Once I get done with pre-reg. I'll be hanging outside the doors, taking pictures of cosplayers until they close at 10pm. If you're in-costume, hopefully I'll get a picture of you either before or after you come out of pre-reg. :rolleyes:

As of 8:05 PM on Wednesday night, there were six people in line.

:rolleyes::ph34r::blink:

I wish I were kidding. I have time-stamped photos as proof.

In addition, I should point out that the first person in line is none other than Chris Forner of Glen Burnie, the U.S. Army soldier that, last year, was first in line, got his registration and went through gofer Orientation............

...... then promptly left to board a plane for Iraq, which took off about the moment Otakon officially opened last year.

He was in line at midnight last night--in uniform, complete with Army-issue cot.

If you see him, please stop, shake his hand, and thank him for his service and dedication both to his country and Otakon. -_-

:):D:blink:

In addition, I should point out that the first person in line is none other than Chris Forner of Glen Burnie, the U.S. Army soldier that, last year, was first in line, got his registration and went through gofer Orientation............

...... then promptly left to board a plane for Iraq, which took off about the moment Otakon officially opened last year.

He was in line at midnight last night--in uniform, complete with Army-issue cot.

If you see him, please stop, shake his hand, and thank him for his service and dedication both to his country and Otakon. -_-

I'm gofering this year so I'm not positive if I'll be waiting in a line (in the classical sense at any rate).

Out of curiousity, to the people who DO line up ridiculously early -- is there any reason that you do that? Apart from the obvious "bragging rights" (??) of being one of the first through the door?

Well, I'm still stuck in SFO due to a reservation-error, and now i won't be leaving until 6:00am here, with a stop-over in Denver before heading to BWI. I'll land around 4:00pm and take a taxi to my hotel, and then go to pre-reg. Hopefully I should be there by 5:00pm, and i'll then start taking pictures of cosplayers as they go inside or come out of pre-reg. Depending on when it dies down, I'll go inside and pick up my badge, and then continue to take pictures until pre-reg. closes at 10:00pm.

Sux I can't be there in the morning as originally planned, but this isn't as bad as it seems.. oh, who am I kidding.. of course it is! :)

^_^:):blink:

Dude, now that's an otaku. Give the man a medal, or at least some swag.

I PERSONALLY saw to it last year that the Otakon management was aware of him last year--and only because I happened to ask the right question at the right time, and discovered right then and there that he was missing Otakon for Iraq. I immediately dragged him back to Otakon's top management-and one of them was himself military and immediately figured out that this guy wasn't faking the story.

I asked him tonight, "Did Otakon treat you right last year?" He replied, "Oh, yeah!"

We need not know exactly what that "treatment" was. I heard insinuations of donated swag, DVDs, and what have you. But that's not for us to discuss.

If you see an Otakon gofer in desert military fatigues, be sure to introduce yourself and thank him, congratulate him, or whatever you wish to do. (If you wish to spit in his face for serving in Iraq, keep it to yourself, please.)

Wow, that's awesome! I hope he could become a forum member here so he can post his Otakon experience of 2008, that's if the unforeseen circumstance that occurred last year won't happen again this year!

I'm gofering this year so I'm not positive if I'll be waiting in a line (in the classical sense at any rate).

Out of curiousity, to the people who DO line up ridiculously early -- is there any reason that you do that? Apart from the obvious "bragging rights" (??) of being one of the first through the door?

That's the same exact question I'm wondering, what is the people's reason for coming so early and wait and possibly pass out from hyperthermia...

That's the same exact question I'm wondering, what is the people's reason for coming so early and wait and possibly pass out from hyperthermia...

If the weather in Baltimore were a lot cooler I think I would stand in line on Thursday just once to see what it's like. Buuuuuut I simply can't justify sitting/standing in the heat and possibly getting sick. I would be miserable.

I will be coming to the BCC today after 6pm after work when there is no line. maybe i'll take a few pics of cosplayers

In past years we've gotten in like around 5:30, because we didn't have anything better to do. This year my wife, sister-in-law and I will be getting to Baltimore later, so we'll be getting in line somewhere between 7-8 tonight.

I do want to say something; a healthy person should be fine standing outside the BCC in high 80/low 90 degree weather. Sunscreen is a good idea and a little water if you're going to be spending hours out there, but still. it's just normal summer weather and well within average human tolerances.

Weather looks like it will cooperate, it will be low to mid 80's all weekend! *WOOT*

as for the Iraq war vet gofer---many thanks for that story. It's awesome that he made it back safely to attend this year. YAY!

Last year I donated a TON of comics/videos/swag I purchased from Comic Con 07 to Soldiers serving who didn't have family/gifts for Xmas. Two of the comic books were signed by Warren Ellis. My friend who organized the drive made certain that someone who would appreciate the things would receive them. I'm going to purchase a few items this year as well and donate them again during the Xmas season.

Well I'm staying in the Holiday Inn and can't check in until 4. So I'll check in between 4 and 5, depending on when I get off work, wait for the others in my room to get down there, probably grab something to eat at California Tortilla, and hop in line around 6:30/7. I'm sure that the line will be moving fairly fast by then.

I caught the #3 bus from Parkville at 3:50 pm, arrived at the Convention Center at 4:45 & got in line. Picked up my badge at 5:30 pm, walked to Harbourplace, got a soda, caught the #3 bus back to Parkville at 6pm, got home at 6:45. Kudos to the staffers at registration for being fast & efficent. This was the shortest wait ever!! See ya all tomorrow!!

I'm back in the house after getting my badge, and already it feels like the 15th Otakon began. Getting there was a trip because on the Light Rail ride, there were some 30 and over people acting a fool and going buck wild! As for the pickup itself, I got there at 6pm. It was already up to Conway & Sharp, but the line was moving at a good clip, so it only took me about 45 mins, maybe a few more, to get my badge! The other good thing was I got in before the storm rolled thru, but that was a garden-variety storm (as some local meteorologists call it). I saw a few of my friends BTW at the center and let them know what I was planning tomorrow, hehe. I also snapped some nice cosplay photos, which can be seen at:

RINKU

I hope the many of you that got caught in the storm are okay, and I'll see ya this weekend at Otakon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.