reserving hotel room blocks

Guest Lind L. Tailor

Question

Guest Lind L. Tailor

when and how will i be able to reserve otakon room blocks at the special rate for otakon 2009, will i be able to reserve them as i leave this year on sunday, i'm staying at the marriot inner harbor and would probably be making reservations to stay there again next year, thanks...

• Answers 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

keep seeing from posts on the 12th that people trying to book for the hilton weren't able to get rooms. I booked on the 13th, and it worked perfectly fine. I got my room for check in on the 16th and check out on the 20th?

maybe ya'll are doing something wrong?

I do agree that the bum-rush on booking is a little crazy and slightly unfar, but isn't the blame of the new booking system Otakon has in place now through the site. I think it works just fine.

Well, after checking the reservation system numerous times & getting entirely too frustrated with it, I really don't like it... I decided to reserve my room the old fashioned way, dealing with the hotel directly over the phone. Decided to stay at the Sheraton City Center again, but after going around & around with their reservations for a week, getting 2 different rates, etc I finally gave up on Wednesday & called the Radisson.

With no problems whatsoever I was able to reserve a 2 double bed room Thu-Sun for $185 a night with an early check-in. I can live with that, I stayed there in '04, however I'm not too happy with paying an extra $40 a night for the 3rd & 4th person, we've never had to pay that before. :P Oh well, at least I have a room reserved for next years con, I can rest more easily now...

If you work with the hotels directly, you may not get the Otakon rate. It pretty much depends on the hotel itself.

Use Hotwire and Priceline...gotta save some big bucks if you want to make a killing in the Dealer's Room!

I really hope more rooms are added to the Hilton block. The hotel itself still shows plenty of rooms available 7/16-19 directly @ $195 ... and Hotels.com is offering rooms @ $170/night with non-refundable pre-payment, which only sounds bad until you do the math to figure out that they are effectively charging over 15% interest for the right to back-out and pay later.

Seriously, I used Hotwire. You can choose your hotel by star ratings, so it will come back with "Baltimore two star hotel for $ZZZ per night." You don't find out what hotel it is until you pay, but they only deal with quality hotels, so there's no need to worry! This is how I managed to grab a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express for only $129/night.

Wow you guys suck, I can't reserve any good rooms now..or maybe the system is just f**ked up.

Well, if it's any comfort, the hotels themselves aren't full yet, so you could always get a room at the regular rate...for about another month or so.

Wow you guys suck, I can't reserve any good rooms now..or maybe the system is just f**ked up.

Well, if it's any comfort, the hotels themselves aren't full yet, so you could always get a room at the regular rate...for about another month or so.

I was trying to get the days inn 120/night rate when it was available, but the site kept messing up and I can't reserve it now.

Hmm, is the Hilton Otakon block of rooms only available online? I attempted to make a phone reservation and was told that there is nothing listed under Otakon for group rates, etc.

I just did a reservation search for rooms Friday to Sunday and the Hilton and Radisson both came up. Use the Passkey system to check things tend to change a lot: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=w...;groupID=140571

A friend booked a room in Holiday Inn, then we jumped on the Hilton when that block opened up. And then three of the people we thought we'd have with us dropped. Gah.

Ok, I'll admit it. I finally managed to find the patience to reserve a room at the Hilton from Thu-Sun through the Passkey site the other night. Still don't like that site, however now I have 2 hotel rooms reserved for Otakon next year, heaven help me...

The worst part is, I think I might actually know enough people who just may finally come next year to fill those rooms too. Either way, I think I'll be staying at the Hilton Baltimore, just for the experience. ;)

I was trying to get the days inn 120/night rate when it was available, but the site kept messing up and I can't reserve it now.

Edited by Usagi.Hoshino