ITT We discuss how AWESOME JAM Project was

I'll have to disagree. I like the whole chairs thing...if your really tired at least you have a chance to sit down.

Moshpits are overrated anyway...and due to the fact that it WAS otakons reponsiblity that noone got hurt and not the VENUES, yeah, that wasnt gonna happen.

Man, when they started playing Soultaker, that was soooooo cool.

Edited by Shiro420

I lost my voice at that JAM Project concert and I had to do a panel right after, but it was sooooo worth it. My friend, who swore he wouldn't sing along because he didn't want to ruin the concert for the people sitting next to him, couldn't help but be swept up in JAM's energy and lost his voice too.

Thanks again for the Express Pass for the Autograph session, even though I had to bug the info desk for three days before getting it. You, Mr Vowles, are a hard man to get in touch with :huh:. When I told Fukuyama that I had been a huge fan of Fire Bomber for over a decade, he pratically ripped the signed shirt I had out of my hands and added some extra scribblings. My friends and I have concluded that Red Bull is actually Fukuchan's sweat, but diluted.

Thanks again, Otakon, for making our year. We will never forget JAM Project, and I hope they don't forget us.

I lost my voice at that JAM Project concert and I had to do a panel right after, but it was sooooo worth it. My friend, who swore he wouldn't sing along because he didn't want to ruin the concert for the people sitting next to him, couldn't help but be swept up in JAM's energy and lost his voice too.

Thanks again for the Express Pass for the Autograph session, even though I had to bug the info desk for three days before getting it. You, Mr Vowles, are a hard man to get in touch with ^_^. When I told Fukuyama that I had been a huge fan of Fire Bomber for over a decade, he pratically ripped the signed shirt I had out of my hands and added some extra scribblings. My friends and I have concluded that Red Bull is actually Fukuchan's sweat, but diluted.

Thanks again, Otakon, for making our year. We will never forget JAM Project, and I hope they don't forget us.

Sorry I was so hard to reach -- if you saw me at all chances are that I was talking on one phone and texting on the other.

Yes Fukuyama is rather...boundless, no? I got many head-butts from him. We are now shirt buddies.

The express passes were actually there at the desk the whole time, but I'm afraid Matt didn't realize they were tucked into the note I'd sent with the info packet. He had a lot to keep up with, after all, so don't blame him too much. I am glad we got them to you anyway!

This concert made my weekend, it was my first live concert and I'm glad JAM Project didn't fail to deliver. The highlight of the night was when Kageyama and Endoh sang Cha-La-Head-Cha-La and Yuusha oh Tanjo live respectively. I also loved when they played acoustically, it was cute when Okui got flustered when she couldn't speak in English! The only part that sucked was that my friends didn't show up for the concert because they went to see Death Note... despite the fact they all agreed to go the concert ahead of time! ^_^ All they could do was make up excuses so they'll never know all the awesomeness they missed out on.

Hyakushiki your friends definitely missed out the thing that made the con as awesome. I pity them.

I must say JAM Project made my Con this year in fact its surpassed any con since I started going to Cons in 03. I can not even begin to express how awesome it was to have them there preforming live, which leads me to my question. Does anyone have any idea if they plan to release the concert on DVD?

I was just looking at Kageyama's blog and he seems rather ticked off that the Japanese media coverage of Otakon only mentioned the Kanou sisters and mentioned nothing about JAM Project. Apparently he said some bad word at the end of his blog post, but removed it later on. I did a quick search on Yahoo Japan news and the only two reports that had Otakon did in fact NOT mention JAM Project at all, which is extremely fail.

Shame on you, Japanese media, shame on you. I can understand how Kageyama-sama feels when he did that blog post... (http://www.airblanca.com/paseo/diary/archives/523.html)

Oh and also, Fukuyama posted his pictures on his blog (www.fukuyama-yoshiki.net) - they're so cute XD

Also, whoever gave him the Basara figure, he posted a picture of him with the figure and looks like he's really treasuring it.

Edited by W-General
I hit both autograph sessions today, but not so I could double dip.

A friend of mine, who is epileptic, came to Otakon for the first time since 2001 with the sole purpose of seeing JAM Project. She got checked out by an army of doctors to make sure she was cool with the strobes and stuff.

Hopping off the Amtrak at Penn Station, she slipped between the train and platform and messed up her leg. She limped her way through Thursday and Friday. Friday, after returning from the concert, she had a seizure. She then had to head home today. She wanted to get the shirt autographed, so I took care of it at the first session, then went downstairs with my CD.

I hit both autograph sessions today, but not so I could double dip.

A friend of mine, who is epileptic, came to Otakon for the first time since 2001 with the sole purpose of seeing JAM Project. She got checked out by an army of doctors to make sure she was cool with the strobes and stuff.

Hopping off the Amtrak at Penn Station, she slipped between the train and platform and messed up her leg. She limped her way through Thursday and Friday. Friday, after returning from the concert, she had a seizure. She then had to head home today. She wanted to get the shirt autographed, so I took care of it at the first session, then went downstairs with my CD.

OMG, Aresef, were you the one who was standing next to me during the first autograph session who asked the nice gentleman in the Zero cosplay to translate a message for your friend to JAM Project?

I have never been to a concert at a con before. I knew absolutely nothing about JAM Project before seeing them in concert.

It was my favorite thing all weekend. And, on Saturday, I just happened to be buying their CD at the Bandai booth in the dealers' room when they were there, and I got a signed Scrapped Princess poster. Each and every one of them shook my hand and said thank you. I still can't believe that. They were so personable. I am used to seeing polite, reserved Japanese guests at anime conventions. The level of enthusiasm they displayed was quite unique. I really enjoyed them. Thank you, Otakon. That is going to be pretty difficult to top. ;)

I have never been to a concert at a con before. I knew absolutely nothing about JAM Project before seeing them in concert.

It was my favorite thing all weekend. And, on Saturday, I just happened to be buying their CD at the Bandai booth in the dealers' room when they were there, and I got a signed Scrapped Princess poster. Each and every one of them shook my hand and said thank you. I still can't believe that. They were so personable. I am used to seeing polite, reserved Japanese guests at anime conventions. The level of enthusiasm they displayed was quite unique. I really enjoyed them. Thank you, Otakon. That is going to be pretty difficult to top. ;)

Edited by W-General
I would be very much interested to buy this concert DVD as well (because the chances are, I will be all over it because I remember the guys in the front with the cameras kept taping me.

Now I understand that it is not Otakon's job to buy sell or release concert footage- it's up to Lantis to do it. If possible, can Otakon please send some feedback to Lantis about US fans wanting to see the concert footage? I would be very grateful if they could sell it one way or another.

They were completely EpiC! I hope next time I'll know a little japanese so I can actually speak with them more. When I told Kageyama I had been listening to them since I was a kid, and one of the first Japanese songs I ever heard was WE GOTTA POWER! he was like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. LOL. Fukuyama and Endoh were hilarious though, and they were actually staying in the same hotel as me (The Hyatt Regency I believe it was) because I saw them there waiting to check in.

I know. When I was listening to their CD, I was like "OMG, that's them?!?!" I didn't know I was already a fan. :)

I think that's the case for a lot of people, especially with the members' solo songs. With things as varied as DBZ, Utena, GaoGaiGar, Macross, One Piece, etc., on their individual resumes, there are probably a lot of people who didn't know they wanted to see the concert who missed it without knowing exactly the level of awesome it was. And that's why JAM pulled less than L'arc.

And I still have Rocks playing in my head.

SUPER ROBOT! (SUPER ROBOT!) SUPER ROBOT! (SUPER ROBOT!) WOOOAH! WOOOAH! WHOAAAAAAAA!

they were absolutely insanely amazing.

my friends and i were completely blown away by the energy of the concert right off the bat.

and i had no clue how many songs i had heard by them before.

i was a bit sad that we couldn't go to their autograph session, but the line was already closed off by the time we got to the autograph area (3 hours early) for the underneath/marbell/daizystripper signing.

I must say JAM Project made my Con this year in fact its surpassed any con since I started going to Cons in 03. I can not even begin to express how awesome it was to have them there preforming live, which leads me to my question. Does anyone have any idea if they plan to release the concert on DVD?

As I've said elsewhere, at the moment they do not plan to use the concert footage from Otakon in any DVD release -- it would require that they re-negotiate rates with the labor unions to start with, and they would need our permission. And the footage we took was basic archival footage -- it wasn't shot for release. Honestly, it's unlikely to be good enough for a commercial release for that reason alone.

However, the possibility exists for them to use bits in promotional materials, and of course they took personal photos and videos while here.

The concert was amazing, I went in not knowing any JAM Project songs besides Little Wing. I knew of them but I just never listened to their music much. Now I have their new CD and old music.

One thing that surprised me was the absence of Matsumoto Rica. I found out after the concert that she took a break from the group in April of 2008 but on the Otakon website they still listed her as part of the group. I just thought I'd like to point that since some people were expecting to see her (at least my friend was).

But overall they were awesome, I loved their performances and I am glad it lasted as long as it did. Definitely one of my favorite events this year at Otakon.

As I've said elsewhere, at the moment they do not plan to use the concert footage from Otakon in any DVD release -- it would require that they re-negotiate rates with the labor unions to start with, and they would need our permission. And the footage we took was basic archival footage -- it wasn't shot for release. Honestly, it's unlikely to be good enough for a commercial release for that reason alone.

However, the possibility exists for them to use bits in promotional materials, and of course they took personal photos and videos while here.

The footage on the King Gong extras disc of various members in Mexico, Brazil, and Taiwan looked like it was clips from their personal videos...
The concert was amazing, I went in not knowing any JAM Project songs besides Little Wing. I knew of them but I just never listened to their music much. Now I have their new CD and old music.

One thing that surprised me was the absence of Matsumoto Rica. I found out after the concert that she took a break from the group in April of 2008 but on the Otakon website they still listed her as part of the group. I just thought I'd like to point that since some people were expecting to see her (at least my friend was).

But overall they were awesome, I loved their performances and I am glad it lasted as long as it did. Definitely one of my favorite events this year at Otakon.

My brother and I were thrilled to no end when they launched into the acoustic version of Cry for the Earth- it was a track we were sure they wouldn't bother playing. I'm so happy we were wrong about that. :wub: I'll be praying for a DVD release someday.

Thanks to everyone who pulled the concert off, it was wonderful, although my feet still hurt from all the jumping.

(concert pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29658136@N06/ )

I officially hate everyone who managed to get superclear photos of JAM Project at the concert. *cries because he was too far back for his 3x zoom to get anything good*

Don't feel bad, I had my Nikon D40 and was maybe 15 rows back from center and still didn't get any really clear shots.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.