What happened?

Question

What the heck happened with the Touhou panel? After that guy made a fool of himself in the panel (and given a swift kick by Otakon staff), I asked around and no one seemed to know. One person said it was rescheduled earlier in the day, but I didn't see anything on the rescheduling board. And the QA table didn't know anything either. So anyway, what happened? I was definitely hoping not too miss this. =)

9 answers to this question

There was a guy up on the podium acting like it was his panel, and saying a bunch of crap to people. It was hard to follow what he was ranting about... something about older people influencing younger people in bad way or something, and not telling people what the panel was about. After awhile he was kicked out and the room closed until the Gundam panel.

Here's the full story. The touhou panel was already held earlier, no one knew because during the time the information change panel has not been put up at the time.

About half the room got up and left.

They expected Touhou, but what they got was psychology of anime, or something.

But I found out about the Touhou panel from a Touhou cosplayer. I did not missed much, some of it consists of replays of the touhou series.

Jkid has the idea, but I'll weigh in anyway.

The Touhou panel had requested a re-schedule at the last minute, due to one of the panelists having an emergency conflict. We had an available space on Friday from 6-7, so Touhou went there.

The 10-11pm replacement for Touhou was Cosplay Psychology. My staffer working the room alerted me to a situation with the panelist, and we responded. Just to be very clear, the panelist you may have seen during the 10-11pm block on Friday night in Panel 1 was not the Touhou panelist, and I apologize if he offended anyone who may have been in the audience.

I'm sorry about not being able to get the information out faster to Info Desk for you all. Hopefully this clears things up a little.

The Touhou panel had requested a re-schedule at the last minute, due to one of the panelists having an emergency conflict. We had an available space on Friday from 6-7, so Touhou went there.

The 10-11pm replacement for Touhou was Cosplay Psychology. My staffer working the room alerted me to a situation with the panelist, and we responded.

Edited by CosmosAutumn

The 10-11pm replacement for Touhou was Cosplay Psychology. My staffer working the room alerted me to a situation with the panelist, and we responded.

Thanks for the information, ZGL. So this guy WAS a legitimate panelist, just for Cosplay Psychology instead?