Had great fun at Otakon 2008

Had great fun at Otakon this year, got a lot of hours TCGing which was fun. Look AT what came back this year... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/ksw...08/DSC00225.jpg

I'll post my photo album as soon as I get all of my pictures uploaded. I even recorded some video that I will be posting on YouTube and I'll post the YouTube links to this thread as soon as I can get it ready.

I thought I wasn't going this year, but I managed to pull a last minute miracle and I went! OTAKON 2008 FTW!

I had a blast, as I'm sure most people this year had. Can't wait for 2009!

Speaking of which... announced already? Damn!

*books room at Holiday Inn*

Here's the Photobucket link to my album of Otakon 2008 pictures:KSweeley's Otakon 2008 Pictures

Edited by KSweeley

Did anyone else see "Awesome" posted on the window?

Did anyone else see "Awesome" posted on the window?

Ahah. Somebody did that again this year?

Yes: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/ksw...08/DSC00225.jpg

And of course, the "Join the Point" group formed, I was part of it and had some pictures taken of me while being in the "Join the Point" group.

Edited by KSweeley

I wonder if this is some viral marketing thing for Claymore. The symbol below it is the symbol for the Claymore. I don't think so, since Otakon/Otakorp doesn't focus on the commercial side as much as Ax. The symbol below it does make me wonder. Does that symbol mean something else I am missing?

Edited by tstidm1

This year was my best year at Otakon...I never got bored till it was about closing time for the BCC.

2 things though...

Masquerade and Phoenix Wright Trial occurring at the same time ^_^ I wanted to go to both, but oh well.

And I heard from a friend that Saturday a group of people dancing (the same group friday doing the hare hare yukai, lucky star, caramelldansen, macarina, etc. that danced for like 8 hours) was put an end to because it was "Disturbing the peace"...? I'm really confused about that one:/ I wasn't there, so I don't know the whole situation, but what I was told was that everyone was having fun, smiling, people taking pictures and video, and it was in a corner where nobody was wakling by (Going left from where you get badges, across the bridge, turning left again to the right corner next to the doors that lead outside). So if that was the case I don't see the problem...

Other than those two, Otakon 08 was definately FTW.

And someone needs to put up the bleach photo shoot 08 pics/videos! (Especially with the destruction of Renji's Bankai!)

This year was my best year at Otakon...I never got bored till it was about closing time for the BCC.

2 things though...

Masquerade and Phoenix Wright Trial occurring at the same time :D I wanted to go to both, but oh well.

And I heard from a friend that Saturday a group of people dancing (the same group friday doing the hare hare yukai, lucky star, caramelldansen, macarina, etc. that danced for like 8 hours) was put an end to because it was "Disturbing the peace"...? I'm really confused about that one:/ I wasn't there, so I don't know the whole situation, but what I was told was that everyone was having fun, smiling, people taking pictures and video, and it was in a corner where nobody was wakling by (Going left from where you get badges, across the bridge, turning left again to the right corner next to the doors that lead outside). So if that was the case I don't see the problem...

And someone needs to put up the bleach photo shoot 08 pics/videos! (Especially with the destruction of Renji's Bankai!)

I can answer this one. The Staff received a call from one of the people in the panel/video rooms near that area that it could be heard in the rooms. And at the time of the break up people were playing duck-duck-goose and running - which also not a good idea to do in a convention with over 26,000 people. :)

Typically we let you guys have fun until it becomes too loud or dangerous.

Otherwise I am pleased that you had a good time.

2 things though...

Masquerade and Phoenix Wright Trial occurring at the same time ;) I wanted to go to both, but oh well.

I can answer this one. The Staff received a call from one of the people in the panel/video rooms near that area that it could be heard in the rooms. And at the time of the break up people were playing duck-duck-goose and running - which also not a good idea to do in a convention with over 26,000 people. ;)

Typically we let you guys have fun until it becomes too loud or dangerous.

Otherwise I am pleased that you had a good time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.