Thank you staff of Otakon 2008!

Been coming to this convention beginning to end for nine years now and I just have to say that you guys have always make it a unique and wonderful experience. So I just want to make sure I put out a huge THANK YOU GUYS for all the hard work you put into setting up and running this event every year.

Yeah, big props to staff. I had very few issues this weekend. Otakon keeps getting bigger and better. JAM Project was everything I imagined and more. Panels were great. The people were great. It was all awesome. Next year can only be better.

It was my first Otakon but I had a great time!!! ^^ Everyone was so nice and someone even gave me free pocky. I realized the hardships you must endure as staff but no matter what you are always there for us ^_^. Thanks!

Weee!!! Awesome, you are very welcome!

This was my first year as a gofer at Otakon, and the 32 hours I volunteered were very well spent. Everybody was wonderful, the programming was fantastic, and I am extremely proud to have had an opportunity to give back to the community that has given me so much over the years.

My time as "the arm waving guy" at registration was probably the most fun, and I hope that I was able to make some people's lives a bit brighter as a result.

YAY for Otakon!

See all of you next year!

Seriously, thank you to staff. You guys and gals all did an amazing job and Otakon would NOT be possible without you. I am a first time gofer and gophering for 20 hours has me exhausted, but I can imagine the staff is even MORE exhausted, lol.

I had a lot of fun gophering, especially helping out behind pre-reg and helping out in the Otacafe. Thank you for letting me be a gofer and being able to help out =).

Keep up the fantastic job folks, we are all so thankful for all you do!!!!

Nice to see some thanks coming from you guys. I was the tall half-Asian guy in the bandana and headphones usually standing outside of the Club Otaku room. (Near the autograph lines). And I would just like to thank you, the con-goers, for not really giving us a hard time. Not only in our room, but in general, the con-goers seemed respectful of staff members and their fellow con-goers.

Cheers to you guys. Great job.

Yeah, big props to staff. I had very few issues this weekend. Otakon keeps getting bigger and better. JAM Project was everything I imagined and more. Panels were great. The people were great. It was all awesome. Next year can only be better.

Send a note on the otakon website letting us know your issues. If we dont' know about them, we can't remedy them for next year.

Glad people had fun!

Yea, you guys seriously are awesome! Thank you so much! After all, there wouldn't be an Otakon without you guys.

As always I want to give a HUGE thank you to the entire staff there at Otakon!

There's a reason I've been going since Hunt Valley...and you all are perhaps the most important reason! I thought the 65 minutes that it took us to pick up our pre-reg last year was fast...considering how far back we were in line last year...and we were further back in the line this year.

And it only took about 35 minutes this year.

A-flipping-mazing.

Had a great time...and we have our reservations for next year already (and that was a GREAT move by the way!)

Thank you,

Mr & Mrs. Revengel

Just wanted to say thank-you on behalf of the amateur voice acting panel, to our staffer. He was a really great guy and really took care of us. Thank you Mr. Staffer and thank-you Otakon for providing us with another enjoyable con experience!

How can you possibly top JAM Project???

Super thanks to all the staffs and everyone else that made this Otakon so much fun.

Edited by Aresef
I'll take this opportunity to thank the few panel staffers that I met over the weekend. Even if I didn't really talk to you besides ask annoying questions about lines and tokens and whatever. I realize your job is stressful and yet you work so diligently to improve our ride, I am thankful.

This is probably just exhaustion speaking, but when I read your post just now, I saw "questions about lines" and then "improve our ride" and all I could think was, "It's the line ride!"

I'm glad that you had a good experience with the panels staff. ^_^ If there's anyone in particular who made your day, please let me or another staffer know!

Joe Hisaichi (sp?) who composes the music for Studio Ghibli... with a full orchestra, and getting Yoko Kanno to visit again.

I know, I'm dreaming. But what's wrong with dreaming big?

Been coming to this convention beginning to end for nine years now and I just have to say that you guys have always make it a unique and wonderful experience. So I just want to make sure I put out a huge THANK YOU GUYS for all the hard work you put into setting up and running this event every year.

Staff?? You're a honest-to-goodness red-shirt'd TCG! Somebody else said it best: in Soviet boards, Otakon Staff thanks YOU.

The Gofer room was practically empty for most of the 'con because all the volunteers literally ran (wait, no running in the BCC) jumped up to help out at doors, at registration, or at the lines.

Joe Hisaichi (sp?) who composes the music for Studio Ghibli... with a full orchestra, and getting Yoko Kanno to visit again.

Working on it. ^_^

I know, I know. And I know I'm a nag. But *that* is my ULTIMATE wish.

Working on it. ^_^

Guys, if you have specific staff member that you would like for us to recognize, please let us know. If you don't know a name, a description, a time and a place will do it.

We've found the best way to motivate is to say, "Look, the members said they loved when you did this!"

I'd have to say the girl who staffed the end-of-line to the Dealer's Room Friday morning. XD She was under an extreme load of pressure it seemed, but she kept her cool and was more than happy to point you in the direction of somewhere else you could go if you chose to not get in line / it was full. Also the various Dealer's Room / Artist Alley staff in general who pointed me in the direction of the line I was heading to after losing track of buying stuff. XD

Seriously, thank you to staff. You guys and gals all did an amazing job and Otakon would NOT be possible without you. I am a first time gofer and gophering for 20 hours has me exhausted, but I can imagine the staff is even MORE exhausted, lol.

I had a lot of fun gophering, especially helping out behind pre-reg and helping out in the Otacafe. Thank you for letting me be a gofer and being able to help out =).

Keep up the fantastic job folks, we are all so thankful for all you do!!!!

Edited by Resuka

YOU PEOPLE KICKED ASS AND TOOK NAMES!!!

Outstanding plethora of events. BOTH raves were awesomeness, as well as the choice for OAVs (Ultimate Hellsing rocked, and kudos to FUNimation for the pre-release English dub of episode 4), and the panels were amazing! Tho this is my first time, I don't imagine could get any better on anything I could orchestrate, yet I hear each subsequent year just gets better and better.

I am COMING back next year, and will spread news around my other friends and to their friends of this, or maybe even around town on public bulletins.

*takes his Respirdol and chills out*

Thank you all again, hopefully I'll work up the nerve to say a piece or at feedback, which was handled quite well.

Thank you, you guys~! ^_^

I'm glad to see a lot of praise from my Gofers on here, especially the first-timers. As my first year running this department, I'm glad everything went off so well. That said, if there's anything I can do to improve your Gofering experience next year, please don't hesitate to let me know. I already have someone working on a new system for Gofer per-reg and scheduling, which should make things run even more smoothly next year. I hope to see all of you again next Otakon!

I'd like to send a shout out to the staff working in the room that was supposed to play Wallflower 1-4, but played random eps like 9-12 or something instead, thanks for making the mad run to find out what was going on. I know I (and others) may have been a little annoyed, but seeing you go to the efforts to make it right, and then apologise when you couldn't made it a good experience in the long run. ;)

Edited by TheSilentSenshi

I haven't been to an Otakon in 7 years and thanks to my experience this year I'm never going to miss another one! Thanks heaps for all your hard work. It's well appreciated!

My thanks to everyone who worked at the info desk all weekend, I must have asked you for directions about 20 times and you never steered me wrong!

Also special thanks to the people working panel ops at 9pm on Friday for being so understanding and kind!

In addition to the staff in general who keep everything running and make attending/volunteering such an experience every year, I would like to single out the Dance staff for coming to raid the gofer pool Friday night, and the Aramark staff. Everything this year went much smoother, folks were nicer, and knowing the Alley's stand was open until 11pm made life a whole lot easier.

I want to thank everyone who helped with otakon. You made it so wonderful. I have so many good memories. Seeing how everyone worked it really got me wanting to be a gofer next yr. I hope you enjoyed helping everyone at otakon and i appreciate everything. This yr was amazing!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.