Are there are things other than hentai that might should be 18+?

Hellsing OVA;

AMV Hell;

the last episode of Excel Saga;

I enjoyed all of these and more this weekend, but, I wouldn't want to see Otakon get into trouble here. These shows are R rated, no way around it.

Are there are things other than hentia that might should be 18+?

Keep in mind that 18+ means no exceptions. It would mean I can't choose to take my kids to see Hellsing Plus, even if we've watched the entire series at home, and they've read (with my supervision) the manga.

We do try to give a warning to some items to let parents know that they might not be advisable for children.

Well if we're talking about R rated things, you just need to be 17:P

None of these things are Rated R to my knowledge. The MPAA assigns ratings to movies which they screen. However, these ratings are very arbitrary and often influenced by corporate interests rather than any kind of community standards. If you're talking about the content being inappropriate for some viewers, I believe that Otakon does mention in the booklet that some shows and panels may be inappropriate for some viewers, though a sign in front of rooms/panels showing such material may be in order. The 18+ restrictions come from, I believe, legal issues involving "subjecting" minors to sexually explicit materials. (Though int he case of th e"What's a Naruto?" panel, it was to keep the kiddies out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.