Awesome on Window on Sunday

I saw a large crowd of people screaming random victory or praise phrases after the Closing Ceremonies, who were all pointing to "Awesome" and an insignia done in duct tape on the window. What was this all about? This was my first Otakon and I heard someone say "He Returned", so is this something that happens often at Otakons?

I saw this crazy geek gathering and took pictures. it was like a cult with them yelling stuff out and pointing to the glass ceiling.

I would really like for someone to explain this whole "awesome" thing to me. it's hilarious but I'm also thinking that otakon is probably annoyed by it. someone has to go up there and peel it off

I was a bit worried about that too... I din't actuy see it but I heard about it. i think it's intresting but i'm not really impressed or excited about it... it worries me for the sake of the con and how it will reflet on us more

I really hope that Otakon isn't going to get in trouble for something like that ... or have to pay for it to come down

Oh, I missed it! This happened last year, too, but I didn't get to see it and I tried to keep an eye out for it this year. I guess I was too bummed out that the con was over! ^_^

I've missed it both years but they stuck it in the highlight reel at closing ceremonies.

Oh, I missed it! This happened last year, too, but I didn't get to see it and I tried to keep an eye out for it this year. I guess I was too bummed out that the con was over! ^_^

I made a video last year which includes it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWAFB3mpLMY ...it's at the end of the video... 5:09

mmm, I thought it was one of the 4chan guys who did it last year.

no idea about this year.

I'm really happy it came back though.

^_^

but really there's no reason to worry.

it's just tape, and there's a metal stair ladder just to the right (when looking at the word).

It's not hard to get down at all.

;p

actually I wonder why more people havn't tried to go up there and do things...

;)

mmm, I thought it was one of the 4chan guys who did it last year.

no idea about this year.

I'm really happy it came back though.

:D

but really there's no reason to worry.

it's just tape, and there's a metal stair ladder just to the right (when looking at the word).

It's not hard to get down at all.

;p

actually I wonder why more people havn't tried to go up there and do things...

:o

Oh please don't say that, last thing we need is tons of people thinking they're immortal and trying to have mock battles on a glass roof.

Yes. We saw it too. Yes, it was new this year.

We love that people think our con is awesome. But we'd really prefer that they don't do something foolhardy and dangerous to show it.

We like our con goers alive and participating.

I really hope that Otakon isn't going to get in trouble for something like that ... or have to pay for it to come down

Get in trouble, no. Pay to have it removed, yes. At least, that's what our BCC Show Manager, Mario, told me on Sunday. "THAT'S gonna be a charge..." :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.