Dir en Grey US Tour 2008

lol. I might go to the one in Sauget Illinois. I know some bands that played the same place. But it's a bad part of town.

I don't really like Dir en grey THAT much though. I think some of the fangirls are the biggest turnoff for me though. ><;;

• 2 months later...

Diru was a good band until they came to America honestly.

I used to go to their shows all the time, but now they seem kinda...lame.

They've gotten a bit to "Americanized", if you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...
Diru was a good band until they came to America honestly.

I used to go to their shows all the time, but now they seem kinda...lame.

They've gotten a bit to "Americanized", if you know what I mean.

Sorry...I dont know what you mean......Why dont you explain what you think "Americanized" means....

I dont know if anyone noticed but they released a new album simultaneously in Europe, North America, and Japan this month...you can find it on amazon for like 10 bucks....yay...the effects of bands coming here are finally starting to take effect (ie Im not paying 40 for an import album!!!!)

• 2 months later...

Their concert in New York City on November 14 was absolutely ridiculous.

The set list was fantastic, and I thought The Human Abstract's technical skills were phenomenal.

Kyo especially put on quite a show. I hope they come back to the United States soon so that I may be able to buy some more kick-ass, overpriced t-shirts and posters while losing my hearing for weeks on end thanks to the perilous shrieks of raving fangirls!

As for the comment dealing with Diru being "Americanized", I personally believe that appreciation for music transcends nationality. Who cares where they are from or how they have been influenced; if they rock hard, they rock hard. If anything, it is an incredible accomplishment to gain international recognition; very few bands, especially of this particular genre, ever reach that level of success.

• 3 months later...