Your Definitive Anime Panel Feedback

Hello all, this is George Davidson (the one who was on your left and didn't wander into the audience), cohost of "Your Definitive Anime" and we (Karl "Uncle Yo" Custer and I) were hoping we could get some feedback on our panel. The room was mostly full and everyone seemed to have a good time, but I wanna hear what you all thought about the our panel. Simple "I enjoyed your panel" is nice, but if you can give more in depth feedback that would be very much appreciated. Things like did you enjoy our lecture on how anime exploded, did you like where Karl went around and got people's stories, did you like our suggestions of other series, and did you like our mini debate at the end?

Anything you say would be appreciated, we want to improve ourselves for next year.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I didn't stay until the end; we left right about when you started taking ancedotes from the audience. We had to go and line up for the Rakugo :P.

I found the topic interesting; anime/manga's explosion of interest in the U.S. was phenomenal and I was particularly surprised at the large number of big titles that came out 10 years ago. I liked the hosts enthusiasm and humor and they worked off of each other very well. Also, I liked the information presented in the panel itself; I didn't know for instance that DBZ was shown before it was shown on Toonami.

This is personal preference, but I would have preferred some more structure (I'm a history major). Maybe something as simple as a timeline showing significant events. I had some trouble keeping track of when everything occurred (like when did Toonami/Adult Swim start) and perhaps some hard numbers would have been nice.

Overall, I found it interesting and it sparked some fun discussion with my friends over what really sparked the massive increase in anime/manga in the U.S.

Thanks for your comments.

This is personal preference, but I would have preferred some more structure (I'm a history major). Maybe something as simple as a timeline showing significant events. I had some trouble keeping track of when everything occurred (like when did Toonami/Adult Swim start) and perhaps some hard numbers would have been nice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.