So it begins... the wait for Otakon 2009!

At the time of this posting it is about 11 months away, but still... there's no such thing as planning too early when it comes to con!

Post here if you're eager to go back, or even if it's your first time. Whether it's a year away or a day away, talk about it here. The anticipation for Otakon 09! :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 4 days ago marked the beginning of my first Otakon. I was working crazy hours, slept for a grand total of less than 10 hours between Friday and Sunday, and passed out as soon as I finally got home. It was awesome.

I must say that I am incredibly excited to come back next year. The word from Walt was that if we are willing to come back, we will be running another Club Otaku next year.

Only 11 months and 7 days to go.

OR 341 Days

OR* 29,462,400 seconds

* 491,040 minutes

* 8184 hours

* 48 weeks (rounded down)

Gotta love time counters, lol.

:)

So have people started lining up for pre-reg pickup yet?

I lol'd! :)

I think I saw one guy in a Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo costume but don't quote me on that.

my tent is packed and ready to go for the pre-reg line! My fiancee is happy that otakon '09 isnt falling on our wedding date of August 8th, otherwise i might've had to postpone!!

I suggested that we have the wedding at otakon but that didn't go over well.... o.o

As much as I'm anticipating Otakon 09, I'm ready for a break. I need to get other stuff prepared in the next 11 months, and there's some items at two other cons that I want to test the waters with before I go to Ota.

I'm glad it's earlier in the year though. August is a fairly hectic month for me.

Yay! I'm already excited.

I've already decided what I want to cosplay, created a personal "savings plan" for myself, requested more hours at work, and organized a guaranteed group of 4 people, potentially 6, to split the hotel room. All I gotta do now is wait for my hotel-of-choice to get an opening for Thursday night.

I got a call from my buddy, same one i roomed with in 2008. Telling me how much i owed for 2008, and which hotel we were staying at in 2009. So yeah, we are pretty excited.

I've gotten two rooms for my group and am super excited. I hope I don't start planning super early like I did last year.

I'm definitely coming back, and my mom will probably be joining me again. :blink:

We had a blast. It was our first con ever, and what a con it was. :P

My cousin has already invited us to crash at her place again next year, which means I'll even save on hotel fees again.

I was so sad when it all ended Sunday.

i know! otakon keeps getting better and bigger every year. Ellen Stern at the Epcar and Stern Q&A panel said that anime is slowing down, but at otakon you sure can't tell

Well, you people are going to have your work cut out for ya next year because it also happens to be the return of teh Artscape/Otakon weekend (when BOTH are going on in the same weekend), and the last time that happened, they nearly lured me in with awesome musical guests, the Isley Brothers!

Though I'm still a commuter in the sense, I noticed hotels were again sold out in mere hours, and I also believe that includes the new Conv. Ctr. hotel. Anyway, the fact you had the TMR guy give a video message during the Opening Ceremony says you'll prolly try to bring that group back and I won't try to stop you one bit--I actually missed them back in the 10th Otakon only because I wasn't aware at the time.

Well, right now, I'm evaluating possibly cosplay options for 16th Otakon given that Artscape is also around. Later.

I am excited because I just learned that the harry potter movie release date will be during the same weekend as otakon next year! i mean, wow. you had the same thing with the 7th book release last year during otakon.

i think j.k. rowling and warner bros. are doing this on purpose :D

I am excited because I just learned that the harry potter movie release date will be during the same weekend as otakon next year! i mean, wow. you had the same thing with the 7th book release last year during otakon.

No it's S.Meyers evil witchcraft doing it as Twilight just got bumped up from December to November liek when HP was supposed to be releases!

Well now for sure I am planning nap hours and such accordingly!

No it's S.Meyers evil witchcraft doing it as Twilight just got bumped up from December to November liek when HP was supposed to be releases!

Edited by Duelistbluerose

I can't wait for Otakon 2009. I'm glad to see on the Otakon BBS that Otakon will be utilizing the Hilton hotel next year for both rooms and convention space, can't wait to see what the Hilton looks like from the inside!

And Harry Potter is premiering on the Friday of Otakon 2009?!?! Wow!!! How many people will be going to the movies on Friday just to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?

Can't wait until Otakon 2009!!!!!

I didn't get a room in the Hilton, kinda peeved about that, but hey, there's always Otakon 2010. Right?

So yeah, rocking the Holiday Inn.

For someone who suffers post-con depression like me, it was glorious news to see that they not only had the dates but also the hotel rooms announced the day after Otakon ended this year. It gave me something to look forward to (albeit 11 months away, but still). We (me and my group that always go together) are already budgeting our money and preparing our payment plans that will start in October. It seems like a pain in the ass, but when Otakon comes we've already got money put aside for spending, costumes, food, drinks, and of course the hotel. With so much planning to do already, who has time for depression?

Ah, I still thought Harry would premiere in November. This is epic fail in my case because my mutti and I always go to these HP things together. Before midnight showings were being given for the movies, I even got out of middle school early just to go. It's one of our only "bonding" things... That's why the date overlap is disconcerting.

So I either a) miss the premiere at Otakon and go with mutti when I get home or B) Go at Otakon and take extra cosplay for that night (not to be worn IN the BCC at any time) :D Perhaps it will leak onto the internet at least a week before and I will watch it with her and still oh-so-supportively go watch it at the theater? If it does, someone tell me. I'm not gonna bite Jo and Warner Bro. out of the movie ticket, I promise.

Not going, however, is out of the question because this is my first Otakon... three-four years in the hoping. Six people in my group, so far. All but a couple are in different states. It's like a reunion before most of us go to college.

Boy #1

His^ "I grew up with you so you're my sister" girl #1

Said girl's ex-gf turned-again best friend who has crush on boy #1 but also "boy#1 grew up with you so you're his sister" girl #2

Scary molester girl #3

Dragged along by girl #1 -boy#2

Dragged along by girl#3 -girl #4.

All in the same room. I think we at least have two beds.

Edited by Miss Sly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.