So it begins... the wait for Otakon 2009!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a bad thing that I'm already saving money for otakon '09 and not my wedding/honeymoon which will be 3 weeks later?

Maybe otakon can be the honeymoon? :P:D

Everyone who just can't wait should go to T-Mode next weeked!

T-Mode is the opposite of Otakon in size, just over 200 people last year, but is packed with musical acts, (I think it's seven bands this year?)

An entirely different feel.

I spent a good portion of last year's T-Mode sitting on a couch in the hallway chatting with Chris Ayers...

A relaxing anime con? That may be a good description. See my review and pics on the T-Mode page of atthecon.com

What if everyone who went to Otakon shows up? :P Well, maybe not...

I'm so psyched for next year. With my new job and school starting, time's gonna fly. I've already got two cosplays done, one just needs some minor work. That, and Otakon is going to be so cheap for me next year thanks to those godly hotel rates and 3 friends staying with me. Not to mention I'll probably be going as press for NProject, which equals free registration :blink:

Edited by Otaku Ru
I'm so psyched for next year. With my new job and school starting, time's gonna fly. I've already got two cosplays done, one just needs some minor work. That, and Otakon is going to be so cheap for me next year thanks to those godly hotel rates and 3 friends staying with me. Not to mention I'll probably be going as press for NProject, which equals free registration :)
I'm so psyched for next year. With my new job and school starting, time's gonna fly. I've already got two cosplays done, one just needs some minor work. That, and Otakon is going to be so cheap for me next year thanks to those godly hotel rates and 3 friends staying with me. Not to mention I'll probably be going as press for NProject, which equals free registration :P

Holy crippity crap! Where do you get the time to have made 2 costumes already? You're fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have a job so Im makin money so now I cant wait for my paychecks to come in so I can get materials for my cosplay then save money for a inexpensive car so I can drive myself down there.

So with that... I CANT WAIT FOR OTAKON 2009!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh, god. There's allot to do for me.

I have to prepare four different costumes, along with four different day plans with various different people.

For 2007 and 2008, I was pretty much stuck around taking pictures of things and having pictures taken of me.

(especially when I danced for hours on end to Caramell Dansen and the hare hare yukai D: )

For 2009, I'm still probably going to end up carrying around my I-pod rick-rolling people or playing music and dancing :3

Also, I'm really excited because My friend Rizzie Stardust is Going to be with me the whole day Saturday and Dressing with me in tutu's and dancing randomly ;D It's going to be an amazing year.

Im now making money so i really want Otakon to come! Im gonna at least come with $400 so i can buy...everything!!!

I really cant wait to hear about the guest and the activites and the new anime that comes out so i can buy merchandise at the Dealers Room!!!

But what I really cant wait for is... Being around fello otakus. Being in the real world sucks when you dont have many supporters!

In 4 days it will be 2009 YEA!!!

. . . .

<_< >_>

*sneaks and makes clocks of time go faster*

DX It won't work! oh the torture of time!

Actually, we have a leap second this year, so 2008 will be just a moment longer...

during my wait for the summer-of-awesome coming up, i'll save up my money and just buy a kaname kuran cosplay. i COULD make one, buuuuuut I wanna look decent and my sewing skills simply suck. he's not a cheap character to go as, but i gotta go as him and just splurge

during my wait for the summer-of-awesome coming up, i'll save up my money and just buy a kaname kuran cosplay. i COULD make one, buuuuuut I wanna look decent and my sewing skills simply suck. he's not a cheap character to go as, but i gotta go as him and just splurge

I have officially (as of last weekend) started making stuff for my AA table... now to begin 6 months of work work work work oh-my-god-better-get-a-table-WHEN-IS-AA-REGISTRATION?!?! @__________@-work-work-work

RadishMart will be back next year and better than ever! I hope. I haven't ever NOT been able to get a table (because I am pretty on top of that sort of thing), but I still worry, especially since so much work is put into my products.

I think I PM'd you a link to a good site where you can get a quite nicely-made Night Class outfit.. let me know if you want any help. :rolleyes:

I wonder when the sites gonna flip this time.

Conventionally (pnoi) it should start flipping in the next month, with registration in the 2-4 weeks thereafter. But since 2008 stats, 2009 banners, and the event calendar for 2009 haven't even been hit yet, and with life being the bear it is, we shall just have to be content to wait on the edge of our seats for the next 27 weeks till showtime ... chanting "are we there yet?" the whole way.

Edited by Transepoch

I've been attempting to work on my writing portfolio for grad school admission, Katsucon next month, a short Eastery road trip in April since my boss is away anyway and I pretty much have to take a vacation that week, then Anime Boston, possibly AnimeNext, then OTAKON YAY!!

But probably most important should be the writing stuff.

I haven't booked yet and after Otakon 2008 my bank account was sobbing lol. I'm excited...and I need to start planning cosplays and figuring out my money situation, as well as who will be going with me this year. I usually don't book the hotel accomodations until about April (that may be late to some), but living in PA and not knowing what the future holds can make it tough to book so far from convention time. Until then, I'm usually in "omg Otakon is ______ months/weeks/days away!" and "Omg costume planning/construction!" modes :P.

I'd like to go again ('08 being my first year & all), but if i can't find someone to room with like i did last year, i don't think i can. But it would be nice.

However, i also don't think i'll get excited at all until it gets closer, but that's just me...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.