So it begins... the wait for Otakon 2009!

As I said in another topic but I'll say it here for all the lovely otaku here :D

start making you budget for Gas, Hotel, Food, and DEALERS ROOM!!!! (BWAHAHAHA)[that's a must always :P]

and if you can stick to your spenditures (budget) you might just return home with some money to spare :unsure:

Course I'm lucky cause BoA thats there is my bank so don't have to worry about that dreaded ATM fee that most probably do.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in another topic but I'll say it here for all the lovely otaku here :D

start making you budget for Gas, Hotel, Food, and DEALERS ROOM!!!! (BWAHAHAHA)[that's a must always :P]

and if you can stick to your spenditures (budget) you might just return home with some money to spare :unsure:

Course I'm lucky cause BoA thats there is my bank so don't have to worry about that dreaded ATM fee that most probably do.

Yeah, the fact that there hasn't been an update since August is NOT helping.

It's like it's making Otakon even more distant...

I would have to agree..........................

A message from the chairman about 2009, even little bitty bit of guest info would be nice.

When it's ready, it'll be announced. -_-

Yeah, the fact that there hasn't been an update since August is NOT helping.

It's like it's making Otakon even more distant...

I would have to agree..........................

A message from the chairman about 2009, even little bitty bit of guest info would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
We're officially six months away, kids. This is killin' me.

And there aren't any confirmed guests or anything....it's painful.

On that note, Ru, did alabaster ever decide on that Most Thankful thread? I didn't see any posts on it...

Oh, I just noticed that the site flipped over to Otakon 2009. Cool.

Actually the upper left logo still says '08, but I swear it said '09 just the other day...

And the artist alley news from Aug 28 isn't there anymore. Haha.

Yeah, if you clear your cache or hold down shift and hit refresh on the Otakon page you'll get the 2009 logos, otherwise you have to wait till it clears on its own.

As for the news item, it must have been something from the site update.

Either way I think that it's fixed now...

Yeah, if you clear your cache or hold down shift and hit refresh on the Otakon page you'll get the 2009 logos, otherwise you have to wait till it clears on its own.

Oh, I seeee it. I have to wait til I get home anyway, 'cause I don't remember my ID# or password offhand.

But hey, it's still before tomorrow!

Is Otakon ever gonna put an attendance cap back on, or is it always just gonna be open til near the con date?

At the moment, there isn't a need for an attendance cap, as we handled 26,000+ people pretty well last year, and the fire marshall didn't have any issues with us. Changes in the layout and flow of traffic within the building helped considerably, and of course now we have an entire attached hotel to absorb some of the overflow. I suspect we'll have to review things again if the Arena goes away (as that pulls about 25% of our attendees out of the building for several hours during saturday prime time), but I don't see the cap coming back.

However, things can change, so i doubt that we'll say "never" as an organization -- just that, at the moment, it doesn't look likely.

Gotcha. Did Otakon use the Arena in '07? I don't remember it being a thing back then, but my memory could just be bad.

I know just having early pre=reg is a perk in itself, but is there gonna be anything special for people who pre-reg early? I'm just curious, 'cause if there isn't, I'm not gonna pre-reg tonight....just bought 2 wigs.

Gotcha. Did Otakon use the Arena in '07? I don't remember it being a thing back then, but my memory could just be bad.

I know just having early pre=reg is a perk in itself, but is there gonna be anything special for people who pre-reg early? I'm just curious, 'cause if there isn't, I'm not gonna pre-reg tonight....just bought 2 wigs.

Just so I'm sure: there's no attendance cap, right?

We do not forsee the need for an attendance cap this year. Last year we were able to handle 26,000 people pretty well. This year we have a bit more space. Now if 50,000 people pre-register before April... that's a different situation.

Just so I'm sure: there's no attendance cap, right?

We do not forsee the need for an attendance cap this year. Last year we were able to handle 26,000 people pretty well. This year we have a bit more space. Now if 50,000 people pre-register before April... that's a different situation.

If we get even half that many in pre-reg, I want a budget increase. :)

Awesome, cant wait for it this year. Last year was amazing and the first time Ive gotten to attend in the last 4 years before.

Cant wait to see who the music guest is. Im really hoping on one because of TM Revolutions little video last year.

I already had an Otakon dream last night O.o I dreamt I was running a Name That Tune game and kept Rickrolling everyone...

Haha, that's awesome! I've had Otakon-related dreams, too, but they're not so pleasant; most of them were about having an extra hotel room that I forgot to cancel until the day of the convention. After a week of that, I've double-triple checked my plans quite thoroughly!

Waaah, it's still far away, yet I still feel like I don't have enough time to get my cosplay togetherrr. xD *flail* And I started working on it back in October...

Oh well. It needs to come already. >O I am ready for summa'! Haven't preregged yet though...probably'll wait for the whole tax money thingy to come back or whatever it is. Moneyyyyy. x____x It's so hard to not spend anythingggg...

When I'm going to a con I usually have dreams in the week or so before where I somehow get there really late and miss everything I wanted to do. They're really annoying dreams!

Hey, at least you guys can all sleep.

Omigosh, I know that one. @___@ Last year, I said 'Screw it.' and spent the entire night before I left playing Pokemon...cause it was only game I could find for my Gameboy.. .__.; So I went through the last convention sleep deprived, yet I made it fine. xD Whoo! I can't wait to go when I'm actually awake...but there's no promise I'll be able to sleep this year either...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.