So it begins... the wait for Otakon 2009!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 Weeks away until the Showcase of the Otaku, Otakon 2009.

Only 8 weeks? That makes it sound far off, and close at hand, at the same time, oddly enough.

Only 8 weeks? That makes it sound far off, and close at hand, at the same time, oddly enough.

Two months sounds better.

Yeah, I'll go with that too. Wonder how crazy/confusing its going to be for a lot of people, with the con being split up into two different buildings. I wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but, when you got 20,000 + people stomping about, I'm sure the logistics get wacky.

*looks at how little time there is remaining until Otakon* Um...is it bad that I haven't even chosen who I'm going to be yet? XD I do most of my sewing 72 hours before Con anyway...*Is a horrible,horrible procrastinator*

I wonder how crowd control will be handled. I mean, what if everyone decides to be at the Hilton at the SAME TIME?

The Hilton will fall into the earth from an unknown sink hole that Baltimore City failed to recognize.

dear god x_x it's already coming up!! i'm still not finished my cosplay ToT but i finally got the email for my receipt :3

and is it bad that after 5 years i still haven't memorized the bcc? i'm afraid i might end up lost again :P

checklist:

1. pay for registration

2. finish cosplay

3. enough money for the weekend ._.

4. grip onto sanity while waiting for the con to start

Man I didn't even realize how close it was. Though I am ready.

I should start to completely figure out who is in my room for Otakon & cancel my room at the Sheraton.

Yeah, I can't wait anymore! Seriously, this has to be the longest wait of my life.

Funny thing about it is, it comes early this year! And only a week after Shore Leave in Hunt Valley; oh well, at least I don't Staff that one! :lol:

I wonder how crowd control will be handled. I mean, what if everyone decides to be at the Hilton at the SAME TIME?

The Hilton will fall into the earth from an unknown sink hole that Baltimore City failed to recognize.

LMAO X 1000000000. And sometimes they know about it, but just ignore it.

I'm actually surprised how fast it's coming up! It seems like only yesterday that it ended.

Yeah, its usually mid-July to mid-August, with a few extremes in there, like the one year it was July 4th weekend, and another when it was around August 28th or something, when most people were going back to school and whatnot. This year's setting, almost right in the middle of the summer is the best setup, I think at least.

Looking back, 2005 was the last year that there was a video room devoted solely to Hong Kong movies; I'd like for that to make a return.

So i've been pretty busy (you know that life thing...), so forgive me if this prereg question has been answered, but when does it close?

But atleast i am all ready for the con. I ran out of moneys so i couldn't do a new costume. :'( I am lucky I am even going.

(figured this thread would be good since its a pre-2009 thread)

So i've been pretty busy (you know that life thing...), so forgive me if this prereg question has been answered, but when does it close?

But atleast i am all ready for the con. I ran out of moneys so i couldn't do a new costume. :'( I am lucky I am even going.

(figured this thread would be good since its a pre-2009 thread)

It always sneaks up on me, no matter how much time I think I have. Haha

just keep reminding yourself...its still may!

I still have to finish my finals D8

It's so soon, and I'm not ready at all. And yet, it can't come fast enough. ;_;

So much to do

and watch

and make

and save

and ahhhh it seems like only a matter of daysss!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So....this is the most nervewracking Otakon wait ever. Lack of guests announcements, and stressful year/summer leads to less time for costumes. Stupid college.

Can you believe there's practically a MONTH left? Good stuff.

Edited by ~Ametatsu~
So....this is the most nervewracking Otakon wait ever. Lack of guests announcements, and stressful year/summer leads to less time for costumes. Stupid college.

it felt like just a few days ago i kept saying "63 more days until otakon" to my parents.

It's expensive and lame to commission it

No it's not...

Woohoo! I always feel like I'm cheating when I commission an outfit. Like everyone else put so much effort into their great costume and all I did was pay someone else to do it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.