Who are you going to Cosplay in 09?

Early is good right? Sunday afternoon I decided on a few of my outfits for next year and for my friend (I'll be making his too)

Soul Caliber (version unknown)

Amy and/or Talim for me

Kilik for him

Guilty Gear

from and Dizzy for me

Anji for him

so has anyone else dicided on the cosplays they will wear in 2009?

Edited by OtakonOtaku
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Rufus ShinRa at least some time during the weekend... Always am. @@;

The rest is sorta up in the air.. xD As in, I don't want to start working on something and then go "OMG, must coplay that instead!" Did that about 5 times this year. ._.;;

Kagura from Gintama, and Yukimura from Tenipuri.

It really depends on what I look like at that point. (In the process of trying to lose weight and get in shape.)

If I look the way I do now, Hello Kitty. (With my bf as Badtz Maru)

If I only lose a little weight but have decent legs, Hakufu, from Ikki Tousen (And my bf as Gakushuu)

If I lose all the weight and look great, Red XIII from FFVII (And my bf would be Cid)

Definitely going to the Death Note - Loveless crossover again with my fi...wait...he'll actually be my husband by then.

If all goes to plan we'll also spend a day as musical "villians" (and I use the term "villians" as loosely as possible). I'll be dressing as Amiboshi from "Fushigi Yuugi" (Suzaku Summoning Ceremony outfit). He'll be going as Midvalley the Horn Freak from "Trigun" (a manga-anime hybrid).

still up in the air for me... but these are my plans for the upcoming year maybe

- Terry Bogard in his Mark of the Wolves outfit.

- Kouma from Melty Blood

- something Touhou related, either Kisume or Cirno

- VanCleef (World of Warcraft)

- Arado (Super Robot Wars)

- Richard from LookingForGroup

- Dr. Wily

It's kinda iffy right now...but...

Vampire Fai D. Flowright (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle) again. XD

Date Outfit Dark Mousy (D.N.Angel.)

Envy (Full Metal Alchemist)

I may have more than that, but at the moment, that's what I have planned.

Sadly I don't cosplay but my friend is going as a kick ass Vampire Hunter D.

Edited by greygula

If I lose about 10 more pounds by next July I'll either go as Shaina from Saint Seiya, Nadia from Nadia: Secret of Blue Water, a random vereia from FF, or Momoko in her battle outfit from Wedding Peach (yes, Wedding Peach. I can't help it...). Considering that I'm going back to college at the end of this month and I'll be eating alot better and exercising (gym class!), I should be able to handle that. Now it's just deciding on which costume to make....

If I can keep the rocket launcher in shape I'm definitely doing my TF2 Soldier cosplay next year, along with my Night Class uniform from Vampire Knight as well as an attempt at Teru Mikami from Death Note and Sado "Chad" Yasutora from Bleach.

Or, you could just look at my sig. ><;

If I lose about 10 more pounds by next July I'll either go as Shaina from Saint Seiya, Nadia from Nadia: Secret of Blue Water, a random vereia from FF, or Momoko in her battle outfit from Wedding Peach (yes, Wedding Peach. I can't help it...). Considering that I'm going back to college at the end of this month and I'll be eating alot better and exercising (gym class!), I should be able to handle that. Now it's just deciding on which costume to make....

We have a Final Fantasy VI cosplay group planned for Otakon 09!

I will be going as Shadow, with friends coming as Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, and Setzer and maybe someone as Cyan. We're currently missing a Gau, Relm, Mog, Umaro, and Gogo. Hopefully we can recruit more people to come as the other playable characters.

Look for us at the Masquerade! ^o^

This is the plan...

I'll be...

Trucy Wright with Mr.Hat (Apollo Justice)

Yuna in wedding dress (FFX)

I'll most likely be with...

Ema Skye (Phoenix Wright)

OVA Rurouni Kenshin

Possibly maybe be with...

Master Roshi or if I can convince my dad...Maester Kinoc. (DBZ/ FFX) He may also be MGS4 Snake.

And props to the FF6 group because it's plain awesome someone is doing all of that. I love FF6 and I don't think it gets enough attention. ^^

Well...let's see what happens but so far here's what I have potentially...

• Unearth Shi-Shi-O (I did that back in 2K?)

Do Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu - OVA (did that a couple years ago)

Build a Monev suit and do that.

Ok...the last one is a big reach...but I'm thinking about it. Who knows?

Edited by Revengel

Jessica from DragonQ8- 3%

Sailor Chibi Chibi from Sailor moon-75% done

Meryl Stryfe V 2.0- (Will have Cape Finished/With guns)

Nia from Gurren Lagann- 100% Done

Nami from One Piece Thriller Bark Arc- 1% done

Belle Mere from One Piece- 100% Done, unless I decide to remake her shirt and get new shoes

well.... im going as Gannondorf... havent decided from Twighlight Princess or Brawl

my firend is forcing me to do it x.x

and also Tidus

the third tay... i have no idea yet.. any ideas? xD

This is the plan...

I'll be...

OVA Rurouni Kenshin

Master Roshi or if I can convince my dad...Maester Kinoc. (DBZ/ FFX) He may also be MGS4 Snake.

And props to the FF6 group because it's plain awesome someone is doing all of that. I love FF6 and I don't think it gets enough attention. ^^

At this point I have way too many ideas for cosplay for Otakon 2009... and only three days worth of time to wear them in! My friends are planning on doing a Tales of the Abyss group cosplay, and unfortunately being the absolute shortest of the group, they're going to force me to wear a pink wig and run around in thigh high boots and a skirt... yeah, really looking forward to that.

-Medusa (Soul Eater)

-Ashura (Soul Eater)

-Dist the Rose (Tales of the Abyss)

-Arietta the Wild (Tales of the Abyss [God-Generals group cosplay])

-DORUmon (Digimon)

-Kurata (Digimon)

-Marluxia, Chibi Version (Kingdom Hearts II)

I definately need to do a Digimon cosplay for next year. I still have 11 months to change my mind.

well.... im going as Gannondorf... havent decided from Twighlight Princess or Brawl

and also Tidus

This is the plan...

I'll be...

OVA Rurouni Kenshin

OMG

If you go as Yuna in the Wedding Dress....

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO Have to get a picture with you next year at Otakon since im going as Tidus :D

For certain, I'll be going as Princess Alena from Dragon Warrior IV (Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen), and then I'll either be going as Suzaku Kururugi in a Rounds uniform from Code Geass R2, or a custom Medieval fantasy knight design of Gino Weinberg from Code Geass R2.

Only Alena's set in stone currently though.

For any friends or copies of myself floating around on the forum, I'll be going as the Doctor once again from BBC One's smash hit, Doctor Who. Also, I'm hoping to have my buddy go as Captain Jack Harkness from BBC Three's Torchwood.

For any who saw me, I was the Doctor with a beard and a blow-up TARDIS this past year (not to be confused with another Doctor who also had a blow-up TARDIS, but no beard:) ). Anyone know if entrants for the Masquerade need to be Anime-themed? I seem to remember someone going as the princess from the movie Enchanted doing a crossover with Naruto. So, I figured maybe Doctor Who/Torchwood clashing with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya might be in order xD

Edited by 13thDoctorXRO
We have a Final Fantasy VI cosplay group planned for Otakon 09!

I will be going as Shadow, with friends coming as Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, and Setzer and maybe someone as Cyan. We're currently missing a Gau, Relm, Mog, Umaro, and Gogo. Hopefully we can recruit more people to come as the other playable characters.

Look for us at the Masquerade! ^o^

Edited by Polygoth
Kagura from Gintama, and Yukimura from Tenipuri.

its a tough decision with only 3 days!!! ahhh! Well i always cosplay Edward Elric because i love my automail :wub: and apparently so does everyone else... lol

Princess sakura from tsubasa chronicles. Wore it this year and i didn't get to show it off as much as I'd have liked to..

And im still deciding if i really want another cosplay, something cute and very pretty that i would have fun working on...

but anywho...! I DEF need to meet some tsubasa cosplayers next year!!! T_T to think its over a year away...its depressing...

post-9780-1219004572_thumb.jpg

post-9780-1219004572_thumb.jpg

I finalized my plans this past weekend. xD

(No idea what days yet. I'll know when cosplay.com people post their gatherings.)

Haruhi Fujioka (Alice/Wonderland manga version) - Ouran High School Host Club [i actually started this yesterday. xD I hope it still fits next year...]

Rena Ryugu (Everyday) - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Sheik (Default) - LoZ OoT/SSBB

My plans got kinda messed up. .__.;

I just got braces so I needed characters that don't have to be extremely happy all the time. xD

Edited by Krissay-face

Heh. Believe it or not, it is just a week after Otakon, and I already have 3 costumes planned that I want to wear. Otacon from MGS4, Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic (two different outfits), and Caboose from Red vs. Blue. And POSSIBLY Ocelot as a fourth, if I find the time and money to get the right stuff.

Haha, I've already decided.

Being the pokenerd that I am, I'd decided in advance that I wanted to go as a pokemon for '09. I chose Ninetales because she's my favorite. I've already begun construction of the head (since it'll be a fursuit: my first attempt at crafting one).

Hopefully I'll get it done in time so I can romp around Otakon as my favorite pokemon, haha!

and also Tidus

This is the plan...

I'll be...

OVA Rurouni Kenshin

OMG

If you go as Yuna in the Wedding Dress....

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO Have to get a picture with you next year at Otakon since im going as Tidus ^_^

I've started planning and putting together my Yoko costume for next year (I have a guinea pig named Boota I really wanna bring along... but that would be a horrid idea ^_^). I have everything picked out and planned (except the rifle... it's proving difficult)... I'll definitly be using my Lenalee costume since I was all excited this year... and then forgot my wig at home.

Well i have two cosplays im planning for next year

First is Yamato from Naruto (lol yes another Naruto cosplayer)

The second is my all-time favorite male anime character from Maburaho - Dr. Haruaki Akai

Im just having trouble with the glasses and the pieces that snap onto them - (Photo Here)

I tried having it commisioned by someone who does accessories for cosplays.... but they never responded <sigh>

If anyone has any advice on what i can do please pm me XD

I'm planning to cosplay as The Little from Cardcaptor Sakura for Otakon 2009.

Hopefully I can get the money so I can commission the costume to Limebarb by November of this year.

Edited by jkid