Who are you going to Cosplay in 09?

Hi everyone!

This will be my first anime convention and the first time i have cosplayed. I'm coming all the way from England! XB

Anyway! i've been thinking alot about what characters i'd go as and i still haven't made up my mind.

One of my OC's Avreielle is for sure the costume was completed yesterday. (early i know XD )

Might go as Count Ten from pop'n music and Maybe Sakisaki if i can get the costume together

I'm planning on going as Kiyuurin Kaoru (Ouendan 2)

Also, I'm curious, will there be other Ouendan cosplayers?

Edited by Natomi
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My Otakon cosplays are

+ Kurama (YYH)

+ Koichi Kimura (Digimon)

+ Len Kagamine (Vocaloid)

I might be Lulu and/ or Suzu from Code Geass, but that depends if I finish the outfit in time.

And if I feel like packing that much cosplay. XD

Edited by LoveAnime18
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay!

I got update...

No umbreon since my g-f dumped me x.x

Tidus is ultimately on for Saturday

Friday is a toss up...

IF i get it done then Gannondorf

otherwise its gonna be Terry from Fatal Fury

Sunday i do not cosplay because it is too much of a hassle

Navi ftw. >3

Gonna be a light-up Navi and instead of those lame little signs (because Otakon doesn't allow them and because they're sooo lame) I'm going to have mp3 speakers hooked up to me that play 'HEY, LISTEN!' on repeat. Yes, I plan on being that annoying. >3

My boyfriend will also be Link in a Straight Jacket. xD

@ayasato-chan & @natomi:

My brother and I are also doing Ouendan, Kaoru and Kai. We'll see you there at the meet up! :'D (But now I'm in woe because it seems like the popularity is catching on. People might actually recognize us...)

Haven't figured out dates, but I know that the other two days I'm going to do Kristoph from Apollo Justice and Poland from Axis Powers Hetalia. *^^* This/Last year I did Edgeworth and had a blast so I'm really looking forward to Kristoph. >BD

Three people I'm cosplaying as:

-Gaara (Bleach Shinigami style)

-Gaara Take 2 (Bleach Arrancar Style)

-Virus Kagamine Len (Vocaloid)

XD can't wait!

I'm currently considering cosplaying as Nekki Basara from Macross 7 and going with my girlfriend who will be cosplaying Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier.

I personally would love to see more Macross at Otakon. Come by Gofer Ops so we can get a picture. I'm considering going old school and being Hikaru Ichijo (if I can drop some weight, that is).

Welp once more my plans have changed, but being as my girlfriend actually bought patterns and fabrics this time it should all stay...

She is going to go as Konata Izumi from Lucky Star (Summer Uniform), and I will be heading as Minoru Shiraishi (School Uniform) also from Lucky Star.

Don't know how many days we will cosplay yet / if we will be doing that all three, but that's the plan for now at least.

Death the kid

I'm even going to ruin my skateboard and completely paint the underside for the mirrored skulls emblem

the hair might be tricky

but I got the suit to match and im just gonna buy two guns and paint them

thee rings are going to be hard to find

if any one knows where i can get them?

please?

Hmm cosplay possibilities for Otakon 2009:

Friday: Revolutionary Girl Utena (the cosplay had its debut Saturday at Otakon 2008 and went over pretty well)

Saturday: Lt. Schrodinger (Hellsing Ultimate) or Young Walter (Hellsing) I'm kinda torn...and it depends on my friends and I forming a Millenium group :P.

Sunday: I may carry over one of the above (whichever I don't get to wear on Sat.) or I'll revive an older cosplay: K

Navi ftw. >3

Gonna be a light-up Navi and instead of those lame little signs (because Otakon doesn't allow them and because they're sooo lame) I'm going to have mp3 speakers hooked up to me that play 'HEY, LISTEN!' on repeat. Yes, I plan on being that annoying. >3

Now i don't know who to cosplay as or if i even will (money, i have a wig aversion, & i am no seamstress by any stretch of the imaginations).... Oh well. Whatever happens, happens, right? Though it would probably be slightly easier to find people of similar fandoms if one was dressed as a certain character... :\

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 2 plans. One is if I get to sew up my Nekozawa costume in time. It's going to be the first time for me making or sewing anything so if I succeed or just buy the costume here's how it'll work out:

Friday: G.I.R. from Invader Zim

Saturday: Nekozawa from Ouran High School Host Club

Sunday: Mario from Super Mario

But if I fail...

Friday: G.I.R. from Invader Zim.

Saturday: Nekozawa from Ouran High School Host Club

Sunday: A fangirl...no literally I am. Basically I'll run up to any character even if I don't know who the heck they are or what their show is and go fangirl on them.

...I'm slightly afraid that I'll get chased by flashlight wielding Ouran cosplayers on Saturday...

My cosplay plans have changed up a bit. I've finished up a girl version of Grimmjow cosplay that I'll hopefully have ready in time for Katsucon too. The Yoko cosplay I had planned is having some issues, namely the rifle being evil to get together... and me being out of shape and not quite sure I can pull off the shorts ;)

Time permitting Im gonna do Lavi from D.Gray Man, Nel Tu from Bleach, Halibel from Bleach, and maybe Zero from VK

damn, thats alot of time and money. good luck with that. the halibel cosplay is a good idea.... i've thought about that myself

Rakka from Haibane Renmei

Alright. After changing it a ton of times, I'm finally done picking my costumes.

Friday will be Trish Una from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Saturday will be Rika Furude (Everyday) and Suicide!Rika.

Sunday (and Thursday) will be Dokuro Mitsukai from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.

...Crap. I have to change my signature again. -______-;

Since the hotel I will prolly be in is a few blocks away, I'm trying to think of costumes that won't make me sweat my @ss off. >_>

Probably::

Kallen Kozuki or Anya Alstriem from the Mutality CLAMP artbook (Code Geass)

Neena Trinity - season one (Gundam 00)

Kallen Kozuki - Rebel outfit (Code Geass)......Maybe

I'll also probably bring some old costumes.

Kamikirimusi (Soul Calibur IV)....if I can fit the giant bat in my car.

Toph (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Fire nation

...And maybe Yan (Yang) from Bleach:The Diamond Dust Rebellion...though I don't think my In(Yin) can go, so maybe not.

Navi ftw. >3

Possibly Lietuvos Respublika. :)

So, this is right around the time when I get really confused with what/who I want to cosplay.

I'm DEFINITELY going to be Elizabeth from Persona 3, no matter what~~

But, I was also thinking, maybe...

-Kagamine Len, Vocaloid

-Tohru Honda, Fruits Basket (Although, she's a pretty common cosplay... I love her, though)

-Airi Hoshina, MeruPuri (I absolutely love her, and her outfits!)

-Lavi, D.Gray-man (It'd be so confusing to make, though....)

-Roxas, Kingdom Hearts II (Styling the wig, though.... And, I'm definitely going to be him if my friend can finish the keyblades I requested like two years ago. Oblivion is almost done, but.... Oathkeeper will be harder...)

-Legretta, Tales of the Abyss (My friend suggested that I could be her for her group, but I haven't played the game, and she said Legretta is bossy, which I am not. XD)

-Amu, Shugo Chara! (Her school uniform, Amulet Clover, or Amulet Spade....)

-Sumomo, Nanatsuiro Drops

-A Guro-Lolita would be so much FUN.

So, I'm pretty much stuck.