Who are you going to Cosplay in 09?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal Gear Fan Alert.

I am going to attempt to do three different cosplays from the Metal gear Series.

Friday: Scientist Camo Naked Snake [Metal Gear Solid 3]

Saturday: Regular Camo [Either Olive Grab or forrest camo] Naked Snake [Metal Gear Solid Three]

Sunday: Lt. J. G. Pliskin [[snakes Alias]] from Metal Gear Solid 2.

If any of these don't work out, you can find me in the scientist camo.

:3

So, I finally have things figured out. After changing my mind a million times.

Thursday - Roxas (school girl) - Kingdom Hearts II

Friday - Elizabeth - Persona 3

Saturday - Roxas (school girl) - Kingdom Hearts II

Sunday - Elizabeth - Persona 3

I should start doing only two cosplays each Otakon. It works out well.

I'm defintely am wearing what I call my "conceptual kimono". I'm not the normal size or shape to pull off a traditional kimono, so I'm doing it with twist. My "maybe" cosplay if done in time will be Inori from "Harukanaru Toki no Naka de". Alot of work and a lot of red for me.

I've been considering my cosplay for months now. I feel silly though, as I haven't made a decision ):

As usual, Jack Skellington will be making an appearence. I have to fix his pants though--I reworked the costume last year and I didn't like it nearly as much. Which is a bummer, because now that means I have to go back and fix pants that I salvaged sequins from :o

At this point, there's like a 20% chance of a Sally being with me. I have the materials to make a killer custom-done Sally costume, but my two friends that could go with me and be Sally either can't go or don't want to wear a dress (SIIIIIGHHHH) and I can't find anyone else that's my exact size (yes I want to be able to wear my Sally costume aswell...I don't think it's selfish :D )

So other than Jack, I've been thinking Ryuk from Deathnote or Lil from Ergo Proxy. My only problem with Ryuk is building a facial prosthetic. And you know, his wings.

Lil wouldn't be too hard, just a lot of sewing and a possible wig.

I've also thought about doing couple cosplay with my boyfriend. Ideas have been Julia and Spike (I've done Julia before), and Yuko and Kimihiro from XXXHolic.

Whatever I'm doing, I should probably make up my mind cause suddenly otakon is...almost only two months away :rolleyes:

Edited by LadySkellington

So for the first time ever, I'm going to do two cosplays in a weekend. I'm sticking with Kyuzo from Samurai 7 and I'm also doing Marvels Iron Fist. I'm not sure if I'll do one one day and one another or if I'll get bored as one and run back to my room and change.

On all three days my sister and I will be cosplaying as Toma and Index from To Aru Majustu no Index. I'm hoping to have my sister's Index outfit ready by then.

I dressed up as Dr. McCoy from Star Trek TOS on Thursday for the new Star Trek movie. I might go as that on Thursday.

I dressed up as Dr. McCoy from Star Trek TOS on Thursday for the new Star Trek movie. I might go as that on Thursday.

I'm going as Lithuania from Hetalia, crossdressing Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji, Emil Castagnier from Tales of Symphonia, and possibly Ion Fortuna from Trinity Blood.

Hi ^^ I'll be going to Otakon as Kurumu Kurono from Rosario + Vampire :D

Not sure when exactly I'll be wearing them yet, but I'm hoping for Sally Jupiter (Silk Spectre I: Watchmen), Morrigan (regular and Cross Edge kimono variant: Darkstalkers), Pink (complete with giant mallet!: Dragon Pink), and Rhyme from The World Ends With You.

I'm REALLY tempted to bring my Eve from Parasite Eve - it's just a pain in the butt to wear!

8D I'm cosplaying as GLaDOS (and no, not a silly humanoid version either~) for the Portal group that me and my friends are gonna be doing. I won't be moving around much, so I'll be pretty easy to find, haha. We're seriously considering going to hang with (read: pop in out of nowhere) the TF2 cosplayers after their shoot. You know, have a Valve party or something, haha. ^_^

Thurs Night - 10th Doctor from Doctor Who, with Giant Inflatable TARDIS.

Fri - Guile(Black Variant) from Street Fighter 4

Sat - Vash the Stampede (Sinister Black Variant) from Trigun.

Sun - Probably the 10th Doctor again.

Hellsing:

Girlycard/Femmecard

and/or

Warrant Officer Schroedinger

--

Silent Hill Crack:

Loli-Pyramid Head/Pyra-chan

--

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!:

Belphegor

--

Code Geass:

Dark C.C./Inner C.C. (Not to be confused with R2 C.C.)

--

Victoriana:

Arabella

--

Bleach:

Lt. Kusajishi Yachiru

--

Boogiepop Phantom:

Boogiepop

--

And I'm open for any other Cosplays, if you need a short person for a missing character in your group, I'll be happy to whip up the necessary costume, just let me know. =D

Edited by Drexielle

This is my first time attending Otakon!

Friday ☆ Maya Fey; Phoenix Wright Series

Saturday ☆ Yuki Cross; Vampire Knight (really depends on whether I have time or not)

GuildWars Ritualist, the male kind, in Canthan armor! If you see a tall, skinny dude wearing this, it's me: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Professor_Gai.jpg

Though my skin is not going to be so dark, even if I try ;-)

Oh, sweet! GW is my favorite MMO, the art is so much prettier than WoW's. :lol: If I see you, I'll definitely be snapping a pic.

Sage Mode Sexy no Jutsu Naruto from Naruto

Sexy no Jutsu Kakashi from Naruto

I have two options for both: normal Kakashi and Anbu Kakashi and then the orange bikini or punk version of Naruto. If anyone has any input....

I've said it before, but... I've been getting a Doctor Who group together. This is what we have planned:

Thursday - The 5th Doctor and The 8th Doctor, as well as a 9th Doctor with twin inflatable TARDISes.

Friday - The 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th Doctors with triple TARDISes.

Saturday - The 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Doctors.

Sunday - The 8th, 9th, and 10th Doctors with twin TARDISes.

Any other Doctors or companions are quite welcome to come hang out. We're also looking for anyone who would cosplay

The 1st Doctor, the 2nd Doctor, or the 3rd Doctor

See you all at the con ^_~

PS: I'm the 5th Doctor of my group. Any 10th Doctors please come find me for a Time Crash photo!

--------------

"I've been the Doctor since Anime USA 2006! What about you?"

"... I'm dressed as the Doctor, is a time question really useful?"

I'll be the nerd shouting out "DOCTOR!!!" :blush:

I plan on being Rukia from Bleach (summer school uniform), since I've been told I MUST cosplay as her. ^^

I got her whole outfit but I need to fix my skirt.

I think I've finally decided what I'm cosplaying this year...although I still have an extra option.

Friday: Zoey (Left for Dead) 75% complete

Saturday: Walter C. Dornez (Hellsing: manga version) 35% complete

Sunday: Utena in Duelist uniform (Revolutionary Girl Utena) 100% [Worn at Otakon 2008]

I do have an alternate cosplay I can throw in there: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame II: Akai Chou) previously worn in 06&08. I kinda just want to wear it to show off my FF tattoo. I think I'll bring it along just in case.

I'm thinking of cosplaying for the first time as Lucy from elfen lied!

I'll try to do her black/gray dress but with longer hair like the figurine. I'm wondering if I shouldn't since everyone does the short hair for that outfit?

I am about doing the different!

I'm cosplaying as Nana Osaki, orginal charter in Yukata....I'm not sure of the other one....still thinking. And as for which days....most likely I'll wear the Yukata on Sunday and Nana on Saturday....which leaves friday for whichever I choose.

I will be going as Rei from EVA in her sleevless plug suit. And my b/f is going as Shinji in equally ass-smacking tight spandex, but he doesn't know it yet ;P

Any other tragic pilots out there???

I'm cosplaying as Nana Osaki, orginal charter in Yukata....I'm not sure of the other one....still thinking. And as for which days....most likely I'll wear the Yukata on Sunday and Nana on Saturday....which leaves friday for whichever I choose.

I'm trying to put together an Old Man Logan cosplay(sans claws, lol) together for the heck of it, prolly for Saturday. I haven't decided yet.

Edited by onsenmark

My goddess, Otakon is only about 1 and a half months away ><"

My cosplays go as such:

Thursday: A fangirl! BEWARE: I will be taking pictures ^^

Friday: Ame-Warashi from XXX-Holic (Manga Version)

Saturday: Reith from Magna Carta (Video Game)

Sunday: Lolita

Not sure what days I'm being who yet but.. my costumes are as follows

Scholar from Assassin's Creed (in a group)

Zombie or Bill from Left4Dead (in a group) depends on if i can get the jacket and beret in time for the con

Male White Mage from FF Tactics (solo)

Personally I'm a one costume guy...litterally. I've been Ikkaku at the last 5 conventions I've been to. Now I'm tackling the big prop...his bankai.

I'm working diligantly on the back blade which is pretty big, I had to scale it down a bit to make it fit in the car. The glow-in-the-dark paint should be in tomorrow.

I don't know exactly how much time at the convention I'll be carrying it because of it's shier size. I'll probably do my shopping before getting it out for sure. It is going to be rigged up to a backpack frame so I won't exactly be carrying it the whole time, but it is kind of big.