Who are you going to Cosplay in 09?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to go as Nei from Phantasy Star II as my first cosplay. I know it's old-school, but I tend to lean towards that anyway ^_^. However, it does invite the problem of not being recognized (and considering that I'm using her outfit in the Playstation 2 remake, I'm only making it worse...). Blargh.

That's so cool! Are you going to risk buttons over your eyes somehow? (or you could just do circular black eyeshadow, I guess)

I saw this movie a while back and thought it was really cool. I'll be looking for you guys!

Btw, I'm going as various versions of Marluxia this year. Look for pink hair!

Friday I'll be doing the Trickster Online raccoon character, first job outfit (and my girlfriend will be the first-job sheep to go with, so cute!). We had these from last year, but really didn't get to take them around much since I was in the artist alley, and since I'm not doing that this year, we figured we'd take them out again! Then for Saturday and Sunday, I am doing Warrant Officer Schroedinger from Hellsing. I must say, I am a *little* nervous about him seeing with his armband and all, but I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem (plus it's removable if it is XD)

I'm going to be Zoey from Left 4 Dead (but the cosplay will be done right unlike many other people :) )

This will be my 3rd otakon but my first time doing cosplay. I know I'm definitely doing SoiFon (in captain style) on Saturday. I may do Nanao Ise (Lieutenant for 8th division) on Friday since the costume already come with black kimono and all I need to get is the 8th division patch...but i'm still not 100% sure yet... :)

And reading all these posts in this thread - I just simply cant wait for FFVI gang and Yuna (In wedding Dress) with Tidus :D

Remember what I said about The Little? I thought this thread was for 2010, so I made that post on mistake. But here are the cosplays I'm actually performing on Otakon 2009:

Friday:

Kensuke Aida (Casual)

Saturday:

Otacon

Professor Oak

The Create (Prop with Fan Made Clow Card)

I'm going as Roxas for Otakon 2009. Woot! :) I'm looking forward to fanservicing with an Axel cosplayer if there is anyone going at Axel. ^^ <3

Days: Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Woot!

Edited by j0wey
Haru Glory from RAVE and Teru Mikami from Death Note ^-^
Haru Glory from RAVE and Teru Mikami from Death Note ^-^

Haru. <3 I read almost that entire manga.. -sigh- I have too short of an attention span.

I'll definitely be going as General Leo from Final Fantasy VI, and I will be watching my back for any Kefka cosplayers... XD

Our group usually likes to do the same and/or related anime/games together, soooo...

First, same as last year because were too lazy to get two new cosplays finished C:

khcosplayersplz-1.jpg

But we've got another coming with our group this year, so I've lended her the Namine costume/bag/wig and have been asked to make a Reno bag costume for myself.

Second one, bag Linebeck, along with bag Link, Tetra, and Ciela/Navi from Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker.

But I'm drawing the faces for all of them...and some of the costumes are getting multiple faces...I've got a mess of work ahead of me OTL

Edited by Mellorine
I'm going as Roxas for Otakon 2009. Woot! ;) I'm looking forward to fanservicing with an Axel cosplayer if there is anyone going at Axel. ^^ <3

Weeeee, hahhaaa. <3 I'z going as Marluxia. Be warned. I might come and rape you. :3

Let's see,

I will be returning as Ed Elric from FMA and debut my Sora from KH!

I am definitely mad excited about it!

I'm going as Roxas for Otakon 2009. Woot! ;) I'm looking forward to fanservicing with an Axel cosplayer if there is anyone going at Axel. ^^ <3

Weeeee, hahhaaa. <3 I'z going as Marluxia. Be warned. I might come and rape you. :3

I'm going as Roxas for Otakon 2009. Woot! :) I'm looking forward to fanservicing with an Axel cosplayer if there is anyone going at Axel. ^^ <3

LMAO XD I'll keep an eye out for a pink haired rapist. ;)

Weeeeeeee~! Cosplaying threads XD I think this time, I'll join in, hee hee~!

For Friday, I'm bringing back my Albel from Star Ocean 3. It's been a while since I used him...I was so relieved to find that the gauntlet was still in one piece. All I hafta do is repaint part of it. But, I've been in a biiig SO mood again lately. Here's what it looked like in the past (it's still pretty much the same): http://s-kojika.com/DSOD/ohayo2007/41.jpg

For Saturday, I'm debutting my Skypeia version of Nami, from One Piece. A friend decided I had to do this. It's probably going to be pretty embarassing, but she's going as Luffy, and she wants us to match ^^;

And on Sunday, I'll be using my Enies Lobby version of Nami. And here's a pic: http://s-kojika.com/DSOD/Acen09/35.jpg

Looking forward to seeing ya'll there. On each day, I'll be with Luffy cosplayer, as well.

This is my first convention and my first cosplay, so I am going as Kisuke Urahara from Bleach. Here are some of my pics of my costume: http://roleplayerguild.com/members/the-hoo...ke-urahara.html

don't worry I plan on bing a skitty but I don't think people will recognize the whole outfit. the hat will give it away XD

If I see you I'll so get a picture

Hey I already said who I am going to be for 2009, but I was wanting to hear some opinions about the costumes I am considering for 2010. I can't decide between these two and wanna figure it out:

The Mask from the Jim Carry movie "The Mask": jimcarrey2.jpg

Lloyd from the PS1 game "Legend of Dragoon": lloyd6.jpg

Tell me which one you think I should do. Thanks.

Hey I already said who I am going to be for 2009, but I was wanting to hear some opinions about the costumes I am considering for 2010. I can't decide between these two and wanna figure it out:

Yeah, I should have said, for those of you who choose Lloyd because he just looks cool, also think of how awesome having someone go crazy as the mask at Otakon would be. So yeah with the mask I can have a good time, but with Lloyd I would just look good with silver hair. Hope that helps your opinions.

The Mask is only cool if you can pull it off without being an annoyance to others >_<

and Yes Lloyd is pretty cool looking :3 Even enough were I want to make it an wear it. (Maybe because the silver hair remindds me off Dante from DMC)

For my reasoning, aside from the fact that Lloyd is cool and I like him as a character, I have a bit of a distaste for people cosplaying non-anime/manga/video game characters at cons. It's just my personal preference though, lol. I've never been fond of the Mask though. Not a fan of comedy ^^;

In general though, I think Lloyd has a lot more potential to show off your costuming skills~!

Well I just finished Ikkaku Bankai...so I'll definitely be there with that. I also have the spear version of his shikai and I'm detailing a bokken with sheath for his zanpakto.

The catch with the bankai is that I'm not doing the open chest...because it attaches to a rucksack frame for ease of carrying, the frame has black straps which should blend in with the costume nicely.

Well I just finished Ikkaku Bankai...so I'll definitely be there with that. I also have the spear version of his shikai and I'm detailing a bokken with sheath for his zanpakto.

The catch with the bankai is that I'm not doing the open chest...because it attaches to a rucksack frame for ease of carrying, the frame has black straps which should blend in with the costume nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

FULL HARUHI ROCKER GROUP~ HEY! I am so excited the first day I am being Director haruhi with a mikuru a kyon and itsuki and an older mikuru. The second day I am being rock haruhi with an entire group including ryoko and tsuruya. I am so excited the costumes have finally come together and they look great. I spazzing so much! YAH! :lol:

We will also be doing these dances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YMEg98pjps...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPO3Jtx4QtI...re=channel_page ( possibly this one, but if we dont get it perfect in time than no)

Also we will do the original dance of course, possibly the longer version if i can get our males to try and practice more! (which I will) but these dances will be done on the second day randomly when we feel like it where ever there is space. (kyons gonna be our boom box holder man!) excited! so look for us!

I was going to reuse my Misa Amane cosplay from Anime Boston -- the manga cover version with the arm blades, but sadly my blades were ruined. I may do it on Friday, but I pulled together an awesome Mihoshi costume from Tenchi Muyo in a combination of her casual pink top and kakis and the galaxy police vest (http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/Tenchi%20Muyo/Mihoshi/tm_mihoshi018.jpg without the long sleeved jacket).

Just to let you guys know, I finally decided on my cosplay for 2010. I went with Lloyd, and I purchased most of the parts today. All I really have left to get is the tunic and the accessories (necklace, gloves, buckles for the boots, rapier(spelling?), white marker to put the design on the tunic, and a slinky (I am going to use it for the bracelet). If you wanna talk more about my progress, or would like to be listed to receive pics of the finished cosplay, just PM me. As for those who will wait a year, I can't wait to show off a finished cosplay of it. Alright, and thanks for the input.

P.S. To all the Legend of Dragoon fans, or even cosplayers that want to try something new. I will try to open a thread after this post and it would be great if you could all check it out. Thanks. :lol:

Yowza! Be on the look out for:

Professor Gary Oak from Pokemon on Friday!

Pence from Kingdom Hearts 2 on Saturday!

and

MaidCafe!Ash Ketchem from Pokemon on Sunday!

They'll all be me. ;D

• Thursday night- a feminized, yet conservative version of Harry Potter

• Friday morning/afternoon- Blue Mary from "Fatal Fury"/"King of Fighters"

• Friday evening/night- see Thursday night

• Saturday morning/early afternoon- ginjika version of Bellossom from "Pokemon"

• Saturday afternoon/evening- She-Ra from "She-Ra, Princess of Power"

• Sunday all day- random (blond) female Gryffindor student