Who are you going to Cosplay in 09?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also might try to squeeze in Ashe (ff12) but I have no idea how...

currently searching for: SEYMOUR!

At least I'm not the only one trying to lose weight for the cosplay I want to do. I would have to lose about 5-10lbs and tone up my legs to do Hakufu from Ikki Tousen. I need to lose about 15-20lbs (And tone up everything :D) to do my design for Red XIII from FFVII. . .which is the one I REALLY want to do. So the battle begins. >.>

At least I'm not the only one trying to lose weight for the cosplay I want to do. I would have to lose about 5-10lbs and tone up my legs to do Hakufu from Ikki Tousen. I need to lose about 15-20lbs (And tone up everything :() to do my design for Red XIII from FFVII. . .which is the one I REALLY want to do. So the battle begins. >.>

I'm thinking of adding Viral from Gurren Lagan to my list (I'm absolutely in love with the series right now)... Though realistically I'll probably end up with 26 or some odd insane number of gofer hours and not wear them like last year.

I'm actually considering cosplaying this coming year... IF I do, I'll probably do Alex Row(e) from Last EXILE

Edited by Escariot

Next year, my fiance and I are reworking our costumes from this year (Hotohori and Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi) and gonna add in either D and Leon from Petshop of Horrors or our two characters from Ragnarok online. We haven't decided yet, I might see if I can't push him to both!

Right now it depends on what happens with my sister

I'm planning on going as Death Sythe from Soul Eater or Dr. Stein... leaning towards Death Sythe (Maka's Father) and my sister is planning on going as Maka if she finishes losing her weight by then.

I'm going to try and help her out this year as earlier this year I have already lost over 70 pounds (I've gained 10 pounds back over the last 4 months since I stop being on the diet but I'm planning on going back on this monday due to school starting up) so if we have a year to prepair I think we will do ok. However, we may change our minds later on during the year. I will still have to buy my outfits like normal because I have no skills at making clothes nor does my sister. My mom could but it would really look sucky.

At least I'm not the only one trying to lose weight for the cosplay I want to do. I would have to lose about 5-10lbs and tone up my legs to do Hakufu from Ikki Tousen. I need to lose about 15-20lbs (And tone up everything :D) to do my design for Red XIII from FFVII. . .which is the one I REALLY want to do. So the battle begins. >.>

cool!! i did hakufu this past otakon. I need to lose some weight to do Ashe for next year ^_^ and thinking about doing Aerith Crisis Core also ^_^

I would like to do Bleach 1st Division Captain Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni since i've seen one guy try it so far BUT i'm having trouble finding the beard i need. My local Tuxedo Masters and Costume store that would most likly help me had closed shop a while back and i've seen some possibilties via google search but if anyone can help, PLEASE???

Edited by RTeker
At least I'm not the only one trying to lose weight for the cosplay I want to do. I would have to lose about 5-10lbs and tone up my legs to do Hakufu from Ikki Tousen. I need to lose about 15-20lbs (And tone up everything -_-) to do my design for Red XIII from FFVII. . .which is the one I REALLY want to do. So the battle begins. >.>

cool!! i did hakufu this past otakon. I need to lose some weight to do Ashe for next year ^_^ and thinking about doing Aerith Crisis Core also ^_^

For next year, I have a list of hopefulls, but I also have a list of deffinates(SP)...

Hopefulls:

Mai Valentine (Yu-Gi-Oh)- 5% done

Sapphire (Pokemon)- o% done

Cloud 9 (D.Grey-Man)- 5% done

Deffinates:

Fou (D.Grey-Man)- 25% done

Natsuo (Loveless)- 100% done

Ryou Bakura (Yu-Gi-Oh)- 100% done

Gaara (Naruto)- 99% done

Hopefully I'll atleast one of the cosplays out of the hopeful list =]

I have ideas for two. The first one is maybe going as Hayase Misa from Macross (or Lisa Hayes, if you're a strictly Robotech person).

The second idea i had was going as someone from Dragon Knights (Alfeegi! I'll bring papers! And yell at you!), but i don't want to attempt to dye my hair aqua & then have no one there who doesn't get it. ._. I know there were at least some DK people at Otakon, so maybe....

Of course, neither character wears glasses & i do, but whatever. It doesn't seem too big a deal, right? And then there's feeling kind of self-conscious about one's looks in general (is it just me?)... :\

(Also, this may be off-topic, but are people really ok with the constant "omg can i have your autograph" questions? I saw some awesome cosplays but was too shy to ask if i could take a picture. I felt like i would end up being annoying or vaguely disturbing, somehow.)

Edited by fegie
I have ideas for two. The first one is maybe going as Hayase Misa from Macross (or Lisa Hayes, if you're a strictly Robotech person).

The second idea i had was going as someone from Dragon Knights (Alfeegi! I'll bring papers! And yell at you!), but i don't want to attempt to dye my hair aqua & then have no one there who doesn't get it. ._. I know there were at least some DK people at Otakon, so maybe....

Of course, neither character wears glasses & i do, but whatever. It doesn't seem too big a deal, right? And then there's feeling kind of self-conscious about one's looks in general (is it just me?)... :\

(Also, this may be off-topic, but are people really ok with the constant "omg can i have your autograph" questions? I saw some awesome cosplays but was too shy to ask if i could take a picture. I felt like i would end up being annoying or vaguely disturbing, somehow.)

And I don't mind the pictures. I would rather someone ask for my picture than stand back and snap a shot where I might look horrible. Then when you show it to people they look at it and think it looks bad...

OMFG!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! I've been wanting to cosplay as either Cesia, Lim Kanna, or Ruwalk.... But I didn't thing anyone would know who I was cosplaying TT-TT

BLEH. Changes made...

I'm definitely being Yuna and Trucy. The Mario Kart cosplay has been pushed to later...

I'm sure I'll be with Ema Skye. Kenshin is being debated...I may have a Maester Kinoc or Maester Mica with me. :D And I'll probably have the Fayth with me. ^^

BLEH. Changes made...

I'm definitely being Yuna and Trucy. The Mario Kart cosplay has been pushed to later...

I'm sure I'll be with Ema Skye. Kenshin is being debated...I may have a Maester Kinoc or Maester Mica with me. :D And I'll probably have the Fayth with me. ^^

1 yay that your being yuna, youll have to find me then :)

and 2. ive lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks so being ultra ripped for gannondorf and tidus is coming along great :)

As we failed this year. My friend and I are going for round two of going as Skuld from Oh My Goddess and one of the Bunny Viruses from the TV series. Mainly because we want to run around and bash me on the head (I'm going to be the virus).

also we plan on doing a Magic Knight Rayearth group in the future. Maybe not next year but maybe the year after... can't wait to dye my hair pink again! and we really want to get someone to dress up as Zagoto because the giant shoulder pads were giving us the giggles the entire time we were watching the show.

Edited by Zairelyn

OMFG!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! I've been wanting to cosplay as either Cesia, Lim Kanna, or Ruwalk.... But I didn't thing anyone would know who I was cosplaying TT-TT

At Otakon '09, we have a large group. Using Con names: Aria ((me)), Gene, Puppy, CC, Kitty, and Anon.

Puppy is cosplaying as the Skullkid from Majora's mask all 3 days

Kitty is going to be Henrietta from Gunslinger Girls all three days

Anon... we're not sure about him yet :lol:;;;

CC is going to be Flonne from Disgaea 1 on Friday only

Gene is going to be Laharl from Disgaea 1 on Friday, Gene from Outlaw Star on Saturday, and a Pokemon on Sunday ((Pokemon to be decided))

I am going to be Etna from Disgaea 1 on Friday, "Twilight" Suzuka from Outlaw Star on Saturday, and a Pokemon on Sunday ((Again, Pokemon to be decided))

It would be awsome if we could find more DK people!!!! Saddly no I'm not on the Dragon Knights LiveJournal community. Hey maybe we could meet up next year! I've been thinking it over, and I have decide that I will cosplay as Ruwalk!!!!! Maybe if we can find enough people we could have a photo-shoot!!!!!
It would be awsome if we could find more DK people!!!! Saddly no I'm not on the Dragon Knights LiveJournal community. Hey maybe we could meet up next year! I've been thinking it over, and I have decide that I will cosplay as Ruwalk!!!!! Maybe if we can find enough people we could have a photo-shoot!!!!!

Heheh, maybe. But thus far i haven't seen anyone else commenting anywhere about doing it, so... will just have to wait & see, i guess.

hey does anyone know anyone who can do good plushie style costumes ive been looking all over the place and nothing

id rather pay someone who does it for fun rather then pay someone who does it for a living...or someone who makes a living doing it for fun...but either way cause people do better work when theyre having fun with it

okay in addition i may be x ing the gannondorf costume... me and my girlfriend maybe going as espeon and Umbreon ;)

I'm a big guy and for 09 I'm gonna try and go as Kikuchiyo from Samurai 7. I watched the anime and thats me in a robot body

A few ideas I have in store for Otakon 2009:

V.V. - Code Geass

Ceil - Kuroshijitsu

Saralugei - Kyou Kara Maou

Yulia Jue - Tales of the Abyss

Simon (fantasy version) - Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Possibly one or two more may come with me by then.

Edited by ohariko
  • 2 weeks later...

Oki. From Okami.

I'm sticking myself into a big pot of lava trying to attempt this cosplay, and as my first cosplay as well. xD But I'm totally using all my Christmas money to buy all the supplies and fabrics I need. I'm not even asking for presents...I just want fabric for Christmas. xD

• 2 weeks later...

So, My plans so far are mostly cosplay that I couldn't get done for 08,

Kingdom Hearts;

Sora

Roxas

Naruto;

Naruto Uzumaki (shippuden) : Again, I will be Naruto for 09 XD Well, it's so much fun to cosplay him. I don't care if people think it's overly cosplay. :P

Fem!Naruto For Naruto prom

D.Gray-man;

Allen Walker (secend uniform)

Gravitations;

Shuichi Shindou

Reborn!;

Tsunayoshi Sawada

I'm not sure about FF cosplay for next year, if my friend come with me I might do Rinoa,too. I might change my mind again who knows XD

Well, most of my cosplays are in my signature, though my friday cosplay may be switched out...

I'm definitely going to enjoy Saturday the most, considering that Fairy Tail doesn't seem to be that well known here in the U.S, which surprises me greatly, as it's one of the top ten manga in Shonen Jump in Japan...

If anyone cares, I'll be going as the old-fashioned Loki (A.K.A. Leo the Lion). I just think he looks cooler~