Who are you going to Cosplay in 09?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, my cosplay plans are:

Lucia from Lunar: Eternal Blue, which I'm really excited about.

An original character from a manga one of my friends is working on. I've only seen the sketches so far, but it should look amazing.

And I want to do a third cosplay, but I am so far undecided as to what I want.

Surprisingly enough, my cosplay schedule has changed!! This year I'm going to (with my sister) do:

Kuronue (with a Yoko Kurama) - Yu Yu Hakusho

Raichu (with a Pokemon Trainer) - Pokemon

Hideo Kuze (with a Major Kusanagi) - GitS:SAC 2nd GiG

I don't know when I'm doing them though. I guess I just have to figure what times certain things are (e.g. M.E. McGlynn's autograph session!)

Edited by ~Ametatsu~

Well for Friday, maybe Tatewaki Kuno (got the blue kendo outfit and the wooden sandels :wub:)

Then on Saturday be one of the many Urahara Kisuke's from Bleach (found the cain with the flame skull bottom at a vendor last year in the dealers room, and gotta get the wig :P)

But as for Sunday... well that all depends on what i find in the Dealers room then wont it :P

Edited by RTeker
Definitely going to the Death Note - Loveless crossover again with my fi...wait...he'll actually be my husband by then.

If all goes to plan we'll also spend a day as musical "villians" (and I use the term "villians" as loosely as possible). I'll be dressing as Amiboshi from "Fushigi Yuugi" (Suzaku Summoning Ceremony outfit). He'll be going as Midvalley the Horn Freak from "Trigun" (a manga-anime hybrid).

how do you edit this thing O_.

it no surprise that my line up has changed dramaticly.

I'll be doing

Vocaloids: Kaito and Akaito

Guilty GearX2: Dizzy white/orang ver.

Pokemon gijinka (cool you too! <3 ) Skitty

and

Chobits: Lonely bunny

This is going to be my first year cosplaying at Otakon, unless you count the amateur Kyo Sohma I did last year but here's my cosplay:

Allen Walker, first uniform.

I'm just having trouble finding a vest for his outfit.

I'm going as Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club! This is going to be my first real cosplay, but i already have three really good outfits to wear.

Tamaki in his uniform

Tamaki as a waiter/at a fancy party

and Tamaki in a yukata ^///^

and i'm going to act like him and stay in character (for the most part) all three days!

i'm extremely excited.

Friday: Rock from Black Lagoon

Saturday: Hayate Ayasaki from Hayate no Gotoku!

Sunday: Atsushi Dojo from Toshokan Sensō (Library War)

Edited by CPOK
This is going to be my first year cosplaying at Otakon, unless you count the amateur Kyo Sohma I did last year but here's my cosplay:

My fiance and I are going as Tykki and Rhode, we'll have to meed up!

Well Im thinking about going lolita this yr. Cant decided on Gothic or Pretty? I have seen really cute ones online.

Im not skilled in making clothes. Iv only made pants and little items, so dresses im going to mess it up on something important.

If I cant be lolita, >.< maybe ill where my kimono again this yr. I want to cosplay and maybe this yr ill make up my face. Ill try to be traditional. ^-^

I'll most likely be getting a costume of Black Star from Soul Eater. Whether I dye my hair or get a wig is still up in the air, as well as the kind of weapon I'll carry, and I'll see what I can do about his shoulder star tattoo.

This year I am going down as Woodney from Black Cat. The best part of it is I just need to trim back my goatee a bit and buy a wig and blamo I'm Woodney.

Any one that didn't see the anime only read the manga, Woodney is an overweight middleaged man who impersonates Black Cat but does a horrible job at it. He mispronounces and misspells the name of the gun he calls it "Haadysu", instead the branded Roman Numeral he has a magic Marker number "13" that he writes on his arms that he can never keep track of where he put it last. Lastly, Train is a 16 145lb teenager, Woodney is a 250lb 25 year old man. He uses the name Black Cat to get his bounties to surrender but when forced into real combat situation Woodney is the biggest coward.

As of right now, my plans are for two small group cosplays:

Friday:

*Sand Siblings of Naurto*

Myself - Temari (post time skip)

My beau - Kankuro (with the three scrolls on his back)

My bro - Garra (Kazekage version, I believe. Colors might be a little off.)

My lady friend #1 - Sexy Jutsu Garra

My lady friend #2 - Sexy Jutsu Kankuro

Saturday:

*The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya*

Myself - Director Haruhi Suzumiya

lady friend #1 - Battle Waitress Mikuru Asahina

lady friend #2 - Evil Sorceress/Witch Yuki Nagato

(We really hope to find Kyons and Itsukis to take pictures with~!)

Sunday:

Possibly the Naruto set up again, but that's only if my little brother really wants us to do it.

Ahaha! I'm so pumped. *pushed glasses back up the bridge of her nose*

Edited by That Hurricane

OKAY!

I just got back from Tekkoshocon VII

.... even thou its only a half hour away xD

I am def. doing tidus for otakon... as well as Terry Boraguard from Fatal Fury (It was a huge success!)

as for a third for fun i am undecided XD

soo there!

I am pretty much dead set on Movie!Edward from FMA this year at least one day, if not two. I am also considering doing Kenshin, but I will be strapped for cash if I do, which would mean no convention swag. My sister and friend are going to be doing Kaylee and River from Firefly and I was considering joining them, but the only other girls are Inara (who is too sexy for me to pull off) and Zoe (but my hair isn't curly or brown), so I don't think I will. But I would really like to do two different cosplays for Friday and Saturday. I did Sailor Venus the past two years but my costume hasn't faired well, so I am trying to come up with something I can make cheaply and easily. If anyone has any suggestions for a fivefootthree blonde girl willing to dye her hair (which is long, down to the butt), send them my way!

Anyway, I love the variety that I am seeing! good luck to everyone!

The main two I have my heart set on are Zexion (KH CoM) and Seras Victoria (Hellsing).

Thinking about Canada from Hetalia. I'll probably do that if I have time after my others. Idk.

I'm also doing Zoey (Left 4 Dead). I know she's not very Japanese or anime-ish at all, but I just like her a lot. XD

I think I'm going to give my American McGee's Alice and female Luigi another go, but I'm not 100% sure. :P

Edited by Lyndsie_Elric

If all works out and he gets done A very large mech of sorts =P as well as raph from soul calibur 4, and i think i am getting dragged into some kurogane costume*i have no clue if i spelled it right*

Though the mech comes first :) more on it as it progresses

Good to see some Vocaloid cosplayers!!!

I'm going as MEIKO, one of the Vocaloids

And...

Revy from Black Lagoon (again...I'm perfecting the cosplay)

My boy friend is going as Rawshack from Watchmen. Haha

Navi ftw. >3

Gonna be a light-up Navi and instead of those lame little signs (because Otakon doesn't allow them and because they're sooo lame) I'm going to have mp3 speakers hooked up to me that play 'HEY, LISTEN!' on repeat. Yes, I plan on being that annoying. >3

My boyfriend will also be Link in a Straight Jacket. xD

Edited by X3BelovedX3

My fiance and I are going as Tykki and Rhode, we'll have to meed up!

After being undecided whether or not I was going to cosplay this year, I've finally made up my mind. I'm going to be going as Misa from Death note. I'm going to have to order my costume because I'm not very good at making them. My boyfriend is going to be going as ichigo from bleach, his costumes already put together.

This year I am going down as Woodney from Black Cat. The best part of it is I just need to trim back my goatee a bit and buy a wig and blamo I'm Woodney.

Any one that didn't see the anime only read the manga, Woodney is an overweight middleaged man who impersonates Black Cat but does a horrible job at it. He mispronounces and misspells the name of the gun he calls it "Haadysu", instead the branded Roman Numeral he has a magic Marker number "13" that he writes on his arms that he can never keep track of where he put it last. Lastly, Train is a 16 145lb teenager, Woodney is a 250lb 25 year old man. He uses the name Black Cat to get his bounties to surrender but when forced into real combat situation Woodney is the biggest coward.

I'll be going as TenTen from Naruto. Wasn't planning on it initially but everyone keeps telling me I look like her so I decided to just do it.

I think the costume is cute but I can't believe I'll be putting my hair up in "panda ears." lol

At Otakon 06 I went as an ANBU Black Ops, in 07 I went as Ayame (both from Naruto) - you may have seen me handing out ramen noodles.

My brother will be going as Enishi from Rurouni Kenshin. He's been Kabuto the two years before this.

I briefly considered going as a pregnant Kurenai, but I figured the fake belly could cause mistaken concerns - I do run all over the center to get to things. I know a girl who went as a pregnant charatcer (to be funny) and people kept telling her to sit down or ask wether it was for real.

Edited by ZGL
added double post

personaly I 1 don't like waring the same thing for 3 days ._.

2 I LOVE making cosplays and outfits in general <- thats probly the main reason

3 go a bit over board and make 7 >_<

also my rave outfits are sometimes cosplays as well

so yeah. I have about 7 cosplays I also change outfits in the middle of the day. plus it's nice to ahve backups should something happen to one or they turn out to be uncomfortable for hours on end.

i have kaito, akaito, miku, Skitty, Dizzy and Lonly bunny <-( thats not really done yet) and i'll ware them all durring the weekind. that doens't inclue any rave outfits and one will be for thursday but that'll mostlikely be somethign new

[on a side note I really thing the 'add reply' button should be higher]

So, if things go as planned, this will be my cosplay schedule~~

Thursday: Rosette (Chrno Crusade) (if not, maybe the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland or Vocaloid Len)

Friday: Elizabeth (Persona 3)

Saturday: Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II, school girl version)

Sunday: Rosette (Chrno Crusade) (if not, then Vocaloid Len)

Wow!! Lots of cosplay :rolleyes:

right now its:

Thursday: Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road

Friday: Roxas from Kingdom hearts 2

Saturday: Euphemia Li Britania from Code Geass

Sunday: Roxas from KH2 or Rinoa from Final Fantasy 8

^_^ cant wait to see everyone!!!!

Edited by Kumiko

Our family costumes

Thursday: Alterationsbyemily.com Outfits

Friday: Maleificent, Sleeping beauty / Giselle, Stitch and Musketeer (Disney day)

Saturday: (Endless Waltz day) Big Gundam thing, his sister the circus performer. (My hubby picked it)

Sunday: Crap, we were so wrapped up in epic costumes we need to go shopping, normal clothes

Not sure when I'll wear em, but here's what I'm planning:

10th Doctor(Doctor Who)

Guile - Black and White Camo variant (Street Fighter 4)

Vash the Stampede - Sinister Black Variant (Trigun)

Ok....

Yet another change, but this is my final one!

I swear!

It is getting too late to make changes.

It is also getting to late for me to make some of my cosplays!

^w^

So this is my new and much eaiser cosplay plan:

~Thursday

1.) Road Kamelot (D.Grey-Man)

maybe... or I might just do

1.) Akito/Agito (Air Gear)

~Friday

~Saturday

2.) General Cloud Nyne (D.Grey-Man)

~Sunday

1.) General Cloud Nyne (D.Grey-Man)

Extra Cosplays I'll bring along:

1.) Ryou Bakura (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2.) Natsuo (Loveless)

This plan is much eaiser on me and on my wallet!

^.^