Ok, So the story goes that at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday Morning a Mountaire Semi crashed over the side of the eastspan bridge falling 30-40 feet into 10 feet of water.

My group and I left Baltimore around 3:30pm on Sunday and encountered the huge traffic jam around 4pm. We didn't finish crossing the bridge until 11pm and I didn't make it home until 12:30am that night. So in total the normally 2.5 hr trip took 9 Hours anyone else enjoy this delay?

I was driving home around noon on Monday and spent 2 hours longer than usual in traffic for the Bridge. Of course, that gave my grandmother time to get home from the doctor, so I ended up being able to stop in and see her while driving up 301 on my way home, so it worked out well enough for me.

One span was closed for construction, so there was two-way traffic on the bridge. The driver of the truck swerved to avoid a Camaro that had crossed into his lane, and wound up losing control and driving off the bridge. The driver of the Camaro was a 19 year old girl who had fallen asleep at the wheel after spending the day helping to plan her mom's wedding. The truck driver is a real hero - did everything he could to avoid a fatal crash and wound up losing his own life in the process.

Of course, Greyhound couldn't have rerouted us back to Norfolk, VA. We usually go through Salisbury to get to Baltimore and it takes all of six hours total. Sunday night, however, it took 7 just to get TO Salisbury from Baltimore, and then we had to wait another three hours for a bus to ship us back home. And none of the people taking up two seats by themselves would let me and my wife be together for this part of the ride.

And I was sick all weekend. I hope some of those inconsiderate so-and-sos caught what I'm just now getting over. Anyway, the usual six-hour trip took all of 13. Talk about it being "not my weekend,"...I want a do-over... ^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.