I wasn't at the Tropic Thunder screening. How was it? How was the Landmark Theaters? I have never been to a Landmark Theater, but I hear they are very swanky art house theaters. HOw full was the room?

I wasn't at the Tropic Thunder screening. How was it? How was the Landmark Theaters? I have never been to a Landmark Theater, but I hear they are very swanky art house theaters. HOw full was the room?

Was this a con thing? Maybe it should be moved to general discussion?

Was this a con thing? Maybe it should be moved to general discussion?

Yes it was in fact a con thing as it was part of the HD Theater changer over promotion. We gave out the tickets to the members who pre registered. From what I was told the turn out was good but it could have been better. From what I was told the weather played a huge factor in it. I was told that we may be having some other screenings to setup in the future so please check out the Otakon.com website or RSS feed for information and updates.

I sort of wished i could have gone but i still had a fun thursday anyway. I actually didn't see anyone giving out any tickets or the mini-contests i was told about. Did i miss these or did it fill up by like 7 when i got there? The movie looks good though.

I sort of wished i could have gone but i still had a fun thursday anyway. I actually didn't see anyone giving out any tickets or the mini-contests i was told about. Did i miss these or did it fill up by like 7 when i got there? The movie looks good though.

I believe the tickets were gone by 5:00PM on Thursday. They were given away starting a little bit before registration opened and into registration to assure we would have enough people that we could give away all of the tickets.

We were relatively close to the front of the prereg line and we never heard a thing about it. We were all looking forward to the movie, but since everyone seemed to be hush hush about it and we couldn't figure out what was going on at all I just said screw it and we did something else. Very disappointing that there wasn't something a bit more public to accompany it or at least tell your people when you're out of tickets so that we don't ask people and have our response be something like this:

Me - "Hey, whats the deal with the Tropic Thunder screening?"

Staffer - "If you didn't hear anything yet I don't know what to tell you."

That didn't quite seem professional or informative enough for me. If he had even said something like "Sorry the tickets were all gone" and lied about it I would never have known and would have been satisfied. Ok, maybe upset that I missed out on it, but not pissed off by some 2 bit ambiguous answer.

That didn't quite seem professional or informative enough for me. If he had even said something like "Sorry the tickets were all gone" and lied about it I would never have known and would have been satisfied. Ok, maybe upset that I missed out on it, but not pissed off by some 2 bit ambiguous answer.

fair enough, but usually when the question is worded like that it becomes a matter of offering any available information. I do not see how that response was in any way an acceptable answer given you just provided 5 or 6 plausible questions to base an answer off of. Any one of those would have sufficed more than "If you haven't heard I don't know what to tell you."

you got the correct answer for your form of question. your question was vague so therefore the answer was vague

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.