Tokyo. Gore. Police.

Awesomeness.

YES! YES! YES! Those "commercials" that broke up the movie were hilarious.

Other than that:

-the opening animation... epic

-Voltron panel was fun... He's dead, Jim. (Sven)

-AMV contest always rules... So glad I went on Friday and saw the trailer category

- Iron Editor... I've never been to one, but I'll go next year for sure

-Marbell... She was awesome. Thanks for mooning us, wish I had a camera. Did I say that? :angry: She was so into it, during the last song her eyes were watering up, and she started to cry. I was sad to see it end too.

Highlights of Otakon 2008:

1) Opening ceremonies! (We weren't booing the Con Chair, we were 'ooooing' lol)

2) Watching the Hellsing Ultimate series with other fans, cheering and listening to the crazy stuff people were yelling out. "Dental Floss of DOOM!"

3) Losing my camera, freaking out, running to the lost and found, getting it back and glomping the gofer who brought it to me. Sorry I scared the poor guy. ^_^

4) Successfully completing my first 'major' cosplay. :D

1) Being interviewed for the Funimation podcast (awesome, I am famous)

2) BEST COSPLAY EVER: That person who cosplayed Relax Bear. assdfkjslkdfjseoriuioserjsdlkfj made my week/month/year and now I want to cosplay Nyan Nyan Nyanko (possibly a cake). Me at my AA table as the Relax Bear perused my table: :D:D:D:D:D:D :DDDDDDDDDD

Edited by RPGoddess
~ Getting the chance to finally meet & work with Cousin Sue. :(

Thanks!

: )

Our reg kicks butt, doesn't it? Even when we have glitches!

You're quite welcome Sue. However it really was great to finally meet you after all these years, I'm surprised it took us so long! Remember our help in the skirt emergency Saturday night? We all really do take care of each other, don't we? I so enjoyed working the con this year...

Our Pre-reg/Reg does kick butt! As I tell people, we at Otakon have it down to a science now. Here's to breaking another record July 16th! :D

Back on topic, I'd have to say another highlight of my con this year would have to be finally being able to make the time to go see Edgar Allan Poe's grave Sunday before I left Baltimore. :D

As morbid as that may seem, it was great to finally be able to pay my respects to my favorite poet since I was 9 years old. I actually felt totally at peace leaving Baltimore this year, it was nice... :D

Edited by Shineigami02

Watching episode 6 (at least I think it was that ep) of Freedom was a complete breath of fresh air. It was like the Steampunk, sci-fi mashup that has been in my head recently coming true.

Giving Afro Samurai a more thorough watch this time...and enjoying it.

Seeing friends that I haven't seen in a while and interacting with other random people was exceptionally fun this year.

Otakon this year was magical, just magical.

I can't quantify it. I don't know why or what was so different this year. But I think it was the people. The staffers, volunteers, and attendees. Everyone.

No single highlight for me but a non-stop high from Thursday evening 'til Sunday afternoon.

I'll have a short slide show type tribute video up on youtube a little later tonight...

Magical, awesome, Otakon 15.

1. Making the members of The Underneath laugh when we discovered cream cheese on the front my dark blue jeans.

2. Watching the members of The Daizystrippers get their hair and make up done (I am a cosmetics/beauty nut, so this was awesome)

3. Having the pleasure of working in a new area of the con I would have never saw myself working and enjoying almost every minute of it lol.

4. This was post con, but talking to a member of the BBS at the airport and getting a huge hug from her when she found out I was "MC". It made my day even though I was half asleep at the time. :wub:

5. The attendees who stopped and thanked me (as a staffer) for Otakon and putting on a great con. It means a lot to me when someone comes up praises us for Otakon. It makes all the sweat, work, and tears we put into this convention year round worth every minute. :(

6. The smiles and "arigato" I got from one of the daughters of the Rakugo performers when I gave her a stuffed Mokona.

7. Stealing bobn64's scooter and driving it around lol.

8. Seeing so many people I get to see once a year. :)

2. Watching the members of The Daizystrippers get their hair and make up done (I am a cosmetics/beauty nut, so this was awesome)

I wonder how long that took...

Amusingly, I never actually saw them IN their makeup. But from prior rock band experience, I'm thinking that the term "brutally efficient" might be appropriate.

I wonder how long that took...

Amusingly, I never actually saw them IN their makeup. But from prior rock band experience, I'm thinking that the term "brutally efficient" might be appropriate.

Jim hit the nail on the head. It must have been about an hour or so for them to get themselves ready...make up, hair, and all.

1 The people. This being my first con, it was just mind-blowing to see so many people that were like me. Everyone was so friendly!

2. The dealers room. It was like heaven, I spent every penny.

3. The Rave. I've been into that kind of music for 3 years, but, being a teen, have never gotten to dance to it. The rave was a dream come true. <3 The only problem was the issue of saturday night smell.

4. Gothic Lolita fashion show. It was very well done.

I'm definatly coming back next year!

In no particular order:

!. Going to Otakon with my boyfriend. He hasn't been since 02 so it was a homecoming!

2. Seeing Rym of Geeknights getting pwned kendo style

3.Meeting all my fave podcasters

4.Winning a prize for working hard to get to Otakon by being a maid.

5.The Otakon animation

6.Meeting friends, fans and online people I only see a few times or less a year.

7. I used the sonic screwdriver on a transformer

8. Jam Project!!!!

9. Sharing the place I love with my love for the first time.

1. I got to meet friends I didn't get to see from last year.

2. Dealers Room!

3. I got to see Mike S. and got his autograph before his panel. He literly jumped when he saw me. I was dressed as a Foot Ninja. xD

4. I got to talk to and meet Ellyn Stern and Richard Epcar.

5. Sunday's AMV contest showing was awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm... I'd say the best part for me was seeing a bunch of younger people playing instruments, and have the older, more experienced people encouraging them to keep going instead of ruthlessly bashing them. To see a group of people that have never met before do something so encouraging really helps to renew my faith in people.
Edited by muse_nine

Hum my highlights.

1. The saturday night hug-line.

2.The nice people! It seemed like all the people this year were just plain sweet.

3.The awesome staff! Eternally patient.

4. AMV's and the opening animation.

Hopefully next year I shall join you all in gopherdom.

-Krissy

• 3 weeks later...

Awwh, the hug line was AWESOME. That absolutely made my Otakon experience complete. ^.^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.