Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiamy

Panel Ideas

I'd like to see a panel on religion in anime. Like what the Japanese think of Western religion in general, based on shows like Evangelion or The Flying House. I think it would be interesting.

i submitted my workshop idea (How to Draw Chibi) to the workshop coordinator, & then submitted it to panels as well since there is no formal place for workshop submission. I have yet to hear one way or another.

should i just sit tight..?

Anyone else received positive or negative responses to their panel application?

My understanding in talking with Andy-the-panels-guy is, you should have received your yes/no email already.

Anyone else received positive or negative responses to their panel application?

My understanding in talking with Andy-the-panels-guy is, you should have received your yes/no email already.

If you guys were wondering, I got acceptances (one really really early in the year, and one a few weeks ago) for the two panels that I had submitted.

- Budget Tokyo Travel

- J-Music 101

Just FYI

Well, apparently, my application was forwarded to the workshop department. Odd as the format I present the material in and my request was for a panel. No hands on work is involved. I also do not want to mislead any con goers with the idea that they will come to the work shop and actually produce something as opposed to just a long format panel.

Being on the west coast, the notification that the application was sent to a different department would have been nice; as I need to make the appropriate travel plans.

I got all of my panels accepted a few weeks ago.

-Otaku TV

-Genshiken: The Panel of Modern Visual Culture

- The Yaoi-ing Game

I'm working hard to entertain and educate everyone! Viva Otakon!

Jimay, what's up man? I'll be hosting two more music panels this year:

History of Japanese Rock/Pop Music

and

Japanese Modern Rock Music

Hope everyone can/will make it to them!

I'm rly late on this but a Soul Eater panel would've been great x:

Although it's way too late to do anything about it, can I express my disappointment that Awesomely Bad Jmusic Videos won't be returning this year?

Although it's way too late to do anything about it, can I express my disappointment that Awesomely Bad Jmusic Videos won't be returning this year?

For what it's worth, I was disappointed, too, though it's my understanding from talking with Andy the Panels Guy that Mr. J-Music Videos didn't apply this year. <_<

I'm so glad I caught that panel at AUSA this past October - I've never laughed so hard in my life.

I'd like to gently suggest that this topic be closed for this year, as clearly all panels that are going to happen have already been submitted and accepted and are currently being scheduled....

Done and done. :wacko:

(Please hold off on making a 'Panel Ideas 2010' thread until after this year's con, though, okay, guys? <_< )