Okiee Lots of great things to say about this. :D

Friday Nite : Wow. The visuals were great. Music was great. Massive Congo Lines. lol! Me and my girl were sad that Axiom wasnt playing. I was looking forward to hearing it. But on the plus note The first dj on was great main room then... Maiku! holy crapazoid. He was awesome. I love Trancey Scouse. very fun to dance too. Its much like the stuff I dj. I was upfront the whole time with my pika girl rockin out. He tossed me two of his tracks fresh out of the CDJ which was awesome. If anyone has any contact info on him, i would like to drop him a line.

Murasuma: Glad ya recognized me upfront man. You had some great tracks. I cracked up when I heard that Loonie Tunes track. very nice. Me and my girl rocked out for a bit b4 we headed out. I would have loved to of stayed for your whole set but our dawgs were killin us. Much respect though. I hope I get to share the stage with ya next year.

Hope : It was very nice to meet u. U looked madddd busy. Thanks for the info on sending you my mixes. I will hit u up. Hopefully itll put a tap in your feet and Ill rock the crowd next year.

Sat Nite: Didnt have too much Energy to dance. :) I was beat. Spent most of the rave portion watchin the SICK breakers and such in the back and twirlin glowstix. You guys kick ass. Sick Breaks in the main area. Last act of the nite. I had a few probs with this. The intermission of getting the music going again. The "MC" who was gettin the crowd hyped called the Megadrives the wrong name 3 times. a lil panic'd on the mic ( relax brotha..no need to make the crowd "scream" 3 times in a row plus, figure out who you are annoucing, i would be upset if my name was said wrong 3 times.) *The Major Drives, The Speed Demons. ect* plus, whipping glowstix like your throwin a baseball?!?!?! Dude. You cant do that! Those hurt and you can put an eye out. i know. I got my glasses broke by a glowstik. Under tossed them. nice and easy. Its not a carnival game... we dont give prizes for gettin an eye knocked out. anywho, i have mad respect for all musicians and all genre. Much love to all the otakon DJ's. Much respect to the Megadrives. LIve PA's are kick ass. Thats not the style I would have went with at the end of the nite though. Something happy and trancey/housey would have worked better. I couldnt get down to it so we called it a nite and bounced.

Wish I could have checked out the side room more but it was too packed and hot. I was wearing too many clothes for that. lol Was hoping to check speed demon out. i bet he killed it.

Well there is my rant on the Otakon Rave. Looked like everyone had a great time. I enjoyed dancing with people of all ages. Much respect and love to the Otakon crew and Staff for being on point with the kids overheating and makin sure the dancers were hydrated. One of you gave me and my girl a gatorade. thats kick ass. You guys did a great job!

Scottie Makin Moves

djmakinmoves, just send me a PM and we'll chat. Glad you enjoyed my stuff. Aside from the slip up of my hand on the play button (gurren lagan) that caused a blip in the beat, I thought it was a great set to rock out to.

Hey guys - thank you so, so much for the kind words, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the set! It's especially nice to hear since this was my first time staffing/working the con so I was not prepared to perform after already working non-stop since Wednesday night, lol. This is seriously my favorite gig every year, I can't really express how overjoyed I am walking out of that room each time. :(

I'll try to comment some more when I'm a little less tired. I was a little stupid last night and got carried away playing Shining Force EXA until 1am instead of getting a full night of sleep for the first time since Thursday. Gamefly is going to be the death of me, I can see it now. *smacks forehead*

If only i could hear a dnb remix of "the duel of the fates" from Star Wars... That would probably make my night. hahaha.

Found it! I'm having someone rip it from vinyl as we speak and I'm hitting up the remixer to make sure I can play it. If it's fine (I'm sure it will be) it'll probably be what I open my set with. I go on right after Maiku on Friday night. ^_^

Hahaha thats awesome! I was just sort of wishfully thinking, but now you know i have to go see your set now. Haha. i look forward to it.

I went to the rave on friday, but i didn't hear the duel of fates :( i was only there for like 40 minutes so i guess i missed it. I was pretty bummed.

Oh wow - You must have *just* missed it, it was about that far into the set that I switched to dnb and that was the first dnb track that I played. :-(

I went to the rave on friday, but i didn't hear the duel of fates :( i was only there for like 40 minutes so i guess i missed it. I was pretty bummed.

Oh wow - You must have *just* missed it, it was about that far into the set that I switched to dnb and that was the first dnb track that I played. :-(

Aw man I missed it too, I wonder if that was when I was stuck in the Bag Check line.

Edited by SoraVII

To anyone who was involved in the dance/rave: Thank you so much.

I have been into electronic dance music for 3 years, but have never gotten a chance to dance to it, mostly because of my young age.

Going to a dance like that was somthing I have dreamed of doing for years... and it finally happened. The only problem now is how long I will wait before doing that again. :emo tears:

All the Djs, especially the small-room ones, were great, especially Friday Night.

Someone needs to lower the temperature or spray febreze in the small room on saturday night though. My friend and I could barely breathe. Standing near the fans helped, though. Some advice would be

1. More fans in the small room

2. Some sort of light show/strobe lights would be awesome!

3. Give out deoderant in the con bag.

Hi fellow Otaku. I hope everyone had fun at the OtakuRave this year. If you have any comments on anything dealing with the OtakuRave (staff/dj's/lines/setup) please let me know. I will gladly respond to any post and private messages so feel free to let the Dance staff know what you guys thought about the 2008 OtakuRave. Suggestions for 2009 will be in the 2009 section entitled OtakuRave 2009 Suggestions.

Thanks in advance for all the comments be them positive or negative. Remember this is your easiest way to get changes made as I will be compiling your statements and running them by the Dance staff for future consideration.

Hope to see you all again next year!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.